Chapter 6

The Marriage Rule

“Oppa…” Jessica finally spots Jaejoong in the crowd, making his way towards them, smiling.

“Morning hyper Jess,” Jaejoong laughs as he ruffles her hair, earning pouts from her.

Why is she acting all cute in front of him? I can’t be feeling jealous, right?

“Hi Donghae,” he greets the latter who nods with a small quick smile.

“Kaja,” Jessica grabs both Donghae and Jaejoong hand side by side her and pulls them to the entrance of the theme park. Donghae smiles in his heart at her gesture.

“Wait for me!” another lady voice shout from the back.

The three of them turns back and sees Yuri in a hot green spaghetti shirt and a white short which makes her toned body and tanned skin outstanding. Jessica frowns when she notices Donghae eye ogling at Yuri behind his shade. Usually, she is very confident about her look but after seeing Yuri, she suddenly becomes more conscious about her own look.

Jessica wears a clean white plain tee and a demin short, like a girl next door. She must admit Donghae looks very cool in his pair of ray ban sunglass, a sleeveless top and a flower pattern Bermuda. Jaejoong is also very good looking in his own piece of sky blue shirt and a black colored Bermuda.

“Good Morning guys,” Yuri cheers happily especially towards Donghae and Jaejoong.

“Good Morning Yuri,” both Jaejoong and Donghae greets back with the same enthusiasm.

~

“Come on, let’s try this!” Yuri says to all, particularly to Donghae.

“Do you want to play?” Donghae asks Jessica. She shakes her head; she has no idea how many times of rejection she has given to him whenever he asks her to play a thrilling ride.

Unlike the dare devils Yuri and Donghae, she is afraid of taking some of the rides. She just enjoys going theme park to grasp the feel of each theme park she went.

“Are you sure? It seems fun, the thrill level is not too extreme,” Donghae persuades.

“It’s fine, I am hungry. I feel like grabbing some snacks. Just go ahead and enjoy,” she assures him by giving him a smile though the smile does not match with her heart.

“You guys can go play, I will accompany Jess,” Jaejoong adds on. Jaejoong is truly a knight because he is always there for Jessica despite he loves to take the ride.

Yuri grabs Donghae wrist and pulls him into the queue just before he wants to tell Jessica something. He notices Jessica expression becomes sulky and apparent hint of disappointment before she turns and leaves with Jaejoong.

And I thought you will come with me instead.

“Are you alright?” Jaejoong asks.

“I am fine, just hungry. Let’s go find food,” Jessica hugs his arm.

“What are you looking at?” Yuri faces the same direction as him and then realizes he is seeing Jessica hugging Jaejoong arm, as if like an item.

“They look pretty cute together,” she remarks, not knowing Donghae fists into a ball.

Calm down.

“By the way, how did you end up with Jessica?” Yuri is curious.

“It is an arranged marriage,” he replies nonchalantly.

 Yuri mouths into an O. “Do you even like her?”

Her question caught him out of surprise. “I – “

“Stop,” she places an index finger on his lip. “I don’t want to know. What I am really interested in knowing is that what you think of me.”

She closer their gap and gazes at him intently. She boldly peck lightly on his cheek.He does not feel butterflies and all he thinks of is Jessica image and how they almost kiss last night. He moves back, “Yuri, please. I am Jessica fiancé and please respect her. I think I am not in a mood to ride, you may carry on yourself.”

~

“What would you like to eat?” Jaejoong asks when they enters the café.

“Umm, I want to eat…” Jessica taps her chin as her eyes sparkle at the beautiful cakes in front of her.

“This, this and this,” she cutely points at different cakes.

“Ok please get me all this lady orders,” Jaejoong tells the waitress.

Happily, Jessica eats the cake well and they enjoy their little time together talking.

“Look at you,” he chuckles as he lean forward to wipe the cream on her lip with his thumb.

Just then, another pair of hand grabs Jaejoong wrist and yanks it.

“Donghae?” Jessica eyebrows furrow.

In split seconds, Jessica find herself being dragged away by Donghae. He walks very quickly and she has to follow his pace behind, their hand still interlace.

“What are you doing?!” She yanks her hand away from him making him to stop in his track.

“Why did you drag me out? I am enjoying my time with Oppa. Why did you have to suddenly appear and interrupt us? I thought you are with Yuri?” Jessica is frustrated and crosses her arm under her chest, her tone is interrogating.

Donghae stares blankly at her. “Fine, you not saying anything? I need to go find Oppa.”

She feels a pull when she turns back ready to find Jaejoong. “Don't go to him.”

“What?” She faces him, her heart skips a beat.

“Just come with me. I will bring you to somewhere else,” his voice is somehow pleading.

“What about Yuri and Jaejoong?”

“I will inform them we leave early, I believe the two can have their own plan,” he looks at her.

~

“Where are we going?” She asks when Donghae is driving although she is rather shock to see he had the car rented already.

“You will find out when we reach,” he is being secretive. The skies is almost dark now.

Tsk

“Why aren't you with Yuri? I thought you guys are having fun with the rides,” she asks with her composure self.

“Are you perhaps jealous?” He smiles.

“Me? Jealous?” Their eyes met. “Of course not. Why would I be jealous? Remember we do not interfere with each other life?” She replies.

“But you are already interfering my life when you want to know why I am not with Yuri,” he smirks.

“No! I can say the same to you. Dragging me out when I am with Jaejoong.”

“I told you that I want to bring you to somewhere,” he answers. Earlier when he left Yuri, he went to find Jessica but his heart stings when he saw the pair laughing and the last straw is when he saw her smiling shlyly when Jaejoong cleans her lip.

It can't be… Is this how jealously feels like then?

~

“Wow,” Jessica exclaims. Her eyes shine brightly at the magnificent view of Singapore spreads in front of her. The skyscraper light is so outstanding in the night when they reaches the highest peak of the Singapore Flyer.

“This is absolute beautiful!” Donghae could see her beautiful eyes sparkle with amaze when she gazes at him. He knew he had made the right last minute choice of bringing her to here. They are the only pair in the flyer cabin which gives the the exclusive and private moments together.

“You like it?”

“I love it. Thanks for bringing me here,” she unexpectedly give his arm a squeeze.

His heart skips a beat. They are admiring the view together and they will occasionally steal glances at each other. The moment is just too perfect for them and he must admit that he has the strong urge to kiss her right now. But he can’t, perhaps not now.

Am I falling for her already?

~

“Where are we going tomorrow?” Jessica asks as they drive back to their hotel. She wonders where will he bring her to to explore around.

“Dara just texted me and informed she will be meeting us tomorrow in the morning,” he suddenly remembered.

“Did she tell why?” honestly, she feels upset that they will have to spend time with Dara.

“No, I didn’t ask,” he innocently scratches his head.

Does he have to look so charming with anything he does?

~

“Hey…” Donghae nudges Jessica who had fallen asleep during their way back.

She has no response at all. He nudges her again but still she is sleeping peacefully with her angelic face.

You must be too exhausted.

He carries her in bridal style back to their room. Hastily, he fishes his pocket for the room card. Jessica wraps her arm around his neck and snuggles closer to him as her her chin rests comfortably on his crook of neck within his embrace.

His breathe hitches and he bits his lip nervously. He has never come in contact with a woman so physically close. He can feel the fast thud of his heart with her soft breath blowing against his skin as he hurries in and then lies her down on the bed.

His heart is beating irregularly and paces to the kitchen, gulps down the whole bottle of mineral water. He enteres the room again and draws the blanklet on her, keeping her warm.

He gently brushes aside her covered fringe and leans forward to peck on her forehead.

“Sleep tight, my princess,” he whispers.

What’s happening to me?! I think I have break the most important rule.

Without knowing, after Donghae leaves the room, Jessica eyes shoot wide open and stares blankly at the ceiling. Her heart is pounding rapidly against her chest.

Did he just kiss on my forehead? Why is my cheek burning hot? Why did he did that?