Chapter 4

The Marriage Rule

“Wow,” Jessica squeals with happiness once the door opens which immediately greeted by the magnificent skyline of the island. She runs to the glass window which was stretched along the living room. Admiring the glorious scenery spread across, “It’s so beautiful.”

Donghae puts down their bags and joins next to her. The view is indeed scenic.

The minute of beautiful silence is accidentally disturbed by Donghae stomach which is growling for food. She looks at him as he gives a short embarrassed smile and walks away, unpacking his bag.

“Do you want room service?” Jessica asks, as she flips through the menu lies on the table.

“Sure,” he replies and stand relatively close to her to see what’s on the room service menu.

“What do you want to –” Her finger drawing around the choices and does not realize he is just standing next to her.

She fumbles with her own feet as she steps back after realizing how close he is just next to her.

Ah

She almost falls back until a hand wraps around her waist, she feels a pull and it is that moment when she connects her eyes with his before her face hits straight on his chest. She can hear his irregular heart beating against the chest. She remains in her position for a while and then pushes him away, totally embarrassed.

“Thanks,” she looks down, her face flushes with surprise red. “Uh – just help me order a simple sandwich since dinner time is approaching. I will go – get freshen up.” She stutters with her words and then quickly makes her way to the room with her bag.

Closing the room door behind, she breathes out with one hand on her chest, patting it to ease down her accelerating heartbeats.

A little small silly smile unknowingly forms on Donghae face. Is she finally affected by me?

¬

Their room service arrives shortly after Jessica re-enters the living room. “There’s only one room and one bed…” she informs as they sit across each other with their food.

“You take the bed, I will take the couch,” he tells.

“But the couch is a bad idea,” she looks over the couch. It is small and impossible to rest the body of his size. It also looks uncomfortable.

“Then, do you want me to sleep together with you on the same bed?” he gazes at her, with a small smirk.

“Of course not!” she exclaims, and avoids his gaze. “We can request an extra mattress,” she suddenly smiles at her smartness.

She grabs the phone and calls for the receptionist, conversing well in English which amazes him. “Hi, this is room 2010, I would like to request an extra mattress. Deh, thank you.”

“Settled!” she smiles at him, at least she doesn’t have to feel bad for him since there is a proper bed for him to rest.

¬

“You should go get yourself prepared now,” he glances at his watch. He knows women usually take much longer time to dress up compared to men.

He then lazily switches on the TV and watches a random show while waiting for her.

“You can go get yourself freshen up already,” her sweet voice calls from behind. She sits in front of the dressing table and starts applying makeup and her hairdo.

Without knowing, he secretly steal a quick glance at her before entering the bathroom. She is beautifully fitted in a long sleek black dress and the picture of her patting the foundation pad on her face is a pretty sight to witness.

He is not bad with his charming image as well. Handsomely in his black suit and he joins her, standing behind her as he perfectly combed his hair. She watches him from the mirror reflection and must admit he is looking so dashing hot. When he catches her gaze at him, she quickly looks away and fiddles with her hair.

He smiles to himself and goes to retrieve a matching tie. Damn. I don’t know how to tie. I should have asked mum to help me with it before I bring it along.

“Are you ready?” she asks but he does not hear her as his mind is figuring how to tie it.

She gives a soft chuckles and snatches the tie from him. He stares at her as she wraps the tie around the collar and begins with the tying. His heart strangely skips a beat when she is so close to him that he can smell her faint fragrance. She only takes few seconds and the tie sits nicely on his suit.

She mindfully steps aback. “There you go, now you looks perfect.”

Opps! Did I just said that?! He is going to tease me.

“Thank you,” he grins. “You looks stunning.”

Did he just said that? He did not tease me.

She feels her cheek heats up. “We should get going. Dara must be already at the lobby waiting for us.”

She grabs her purse and walks past him to the door. He follows behind with a smile crept on his face.

¬

Dara guides them to the function hall, then she leaves thereafter. “Hope you two have a pleasant evening. If there is anything, you can reach me by a phone call.”

“Jessica,” a lady in her early twenties calls with uncertain tone from behind.

“Yuri?” Jessica is surprise to see her here.

“It’s really you!” Yuri quickly pulls her for a tight hug, too dramatic for Jessica and releases her.

“Who’s this pretty young man?” Yuri eyes sparkle when she notices Donghae. He is very charming and his smile has literally electrifies her every cell inside.

Jessica links her arm around Donghae before he wants to introduce himself to her. “He’s my fiancé.”

“Fiancé?” Yuri is surprised by the announcement.

“By the way, I am Yuri. Jessica old friend, nice to meet you,” she acts so shy in front of him when they exchanges handshake.

“Nice to meet you, Yuri,” he smiles charmingly.

Yuri is very gorgeous, her tanned skin matches well with her perfect body proportion. She hasn’t met her for few years since she is pursuing her studies overseas, now that she returns, she becomes even prettier. She knows Yuri too well, she is practically men magnet and she is certain that Donghae is feeling attracted by her.

Jessica doesn’t like the idea of him feeling attracted to her and she also doesn’t like one bit of their physical contact even though it is just a handshake. Why am I feeling this way suddenly?

She tightens her grip on his arm and then pulls him back. “Yuri, I will catch up with you later. I saw some of my Halmeoni acquaintances.”

“Oh. Alright, see you later,” Yuri waves but seemingly is passing this statement to Donghae.

¬