Chapter 5

The Marriage Rule

“Jessica…” a smile lit up on his face as he spots her in the crowd.

“Oppa!” Jessica releases her grip on Donghae arm and goes into another man embrace.

“What are you doing here?” she wonders.

He smiles and pats her head. “I'm here to attend the function as well.”

“How did I not know? If I knew, we can come together,” she pouts.

Did she forget my existence?

Donghae finally clears his throat and attracts Jessica attention at last. He feels his heart tugs when he witness how close the two acts in front of him.

“Oppa. This is – Dong,” she wants to introduce him but he cuts her off.

“Donghae ssi, nice to finally see you in person. I am Jaejoong,” he extends his hand for a quick and firm handshake.

“Nice to meet you, Jaejoong. I am Jessica fiancé,” he wants to make their status clear.

Jessica half rolls her eyes. He don't have to mention it.

“I know,” Jaejoong gives a brief smile.

Of course Jaejoong knows, he is halmeoni secretary grandson.

“So Oppa, which hotel you are staying? How long will you be staying?” Jessica asks excitedly.

“I am staying at M hotel. I am leaving the day after tomorrow.”

“Great! We will be going theme park tomorrow, you will join us right?” She flashes her puppy eyes which she knows he will not reject her.

“But you are going to have a date with your fiancé, I don’t think it is a good idea. I don't want to disturb your little date,” he laughs.

“We are not doing dates. It is just a – whatever. You are coming with us. The more the merrier,” she tugs his sleeve.

Donghae watches intently at their interaction. They are displaying too much affectionate and one may mistake that they might be an item instead of him.

Just then, a familiar lady voice joins in. “Can I join too?”

It was Yuri.

“Sure. The more the merrier,” Donghae winks as Jessica gives him a death stare.

“You said the more the merrier and I see no reason to reject Yuri since Jaejoong will be going as well, isn’t it,” he smirks and shrugs.

“Oh hi, I am Yuri,” Yuri introduces herself to Jaejoong as she battles her eyelashes.

“Jaejoong.”

Jessica rolls her eyes again. Did she have to do that to all the men here?

“Fine, we will meet at 8am sharp in front the theme park,” she says aloud.

“Alright Jessie. I see you guys later. I have some friends over there.” Jaejoong hugs her before he makes his move.

Thankfully, Yuri excuses herself not soon after.

“Who is that man?” Donghae asks, referring to Jaejoong.

“He is a close oppa, he is Halmeoni secretary grandson. We basically grew up together,” Jessica is smiling widely as she tells him. She remembers how she loves to stick around with Jaejoong wherever he goes.

A pang of jealously stirs. Mother had said we used to play before, don’t you remember?

“Do you have bad blood with Yuri?” he is curious because from what he observes, Jessica seems to be very uneasy around her.

“Ani, I just don’t like that she goes around attract men attention,” she simply replies.

“Does it bothers you just because she does that?” he questions.

“Yes it bothers me,” she says and grabs a glass of wine nearby.

And it’s not just that…

¬

“Thank you for your blazer,” she takes it off and returns back to Donghae once they reaches their room.

Earlier, Donghae took off his blazer after noticing how less she wore and appeared that she is shivering in cold. He wrapped in securely around Jessica which took her surprise. She mumbled a thank you to him as her face lit up into an evident sweet smile.

Donghae still remembers the smile she gave just now. It was sweet and genuine.

Jessica helps to fix the extra bed requested while Donghae is taking a shower. She uses all her strength to pull the mattress into the room since it is spacious and comfortable to sleep in. Donghae finishes his shower and comes out to see that the mattress is laid beside the bed, a smile forms. He thought he will be sleeping in the living room.

“Hey, you need help?” he approaches her.

She turns back and stands up immediately, her legs turn wobbly because of the soft mattress. Her reflexes makes her arches front towards Donghae to hold her balance, not knowing that she grabs him towards him. Together, they fall onto the mattress with Donghae lying onto of her.

Jessica eyes widen, and she stares right into his brown orbs. Their heart are pounding against each other chest. Their lips are merely an inch apart.

Her eyes were the type of brown that was like hazelnut brown, soft yet beautiful gaze.

Why am I feeling so nervous? Is he going to kiss me?

Their little words were disturbed by the bell.

“Room service.”

What a great timing.

Jessica tilts her head aside, totally blushing madly. Donghae get his senses back as he detaches his body from her. His body is burning hot.

“Did you call for room service?” he asks and she nods, not facing him.

You are already affected by me. 

¬

Anyone an Army? Fire Fire Fire ....