Chapter 3

The Marriage Rule

“Welcome on board, Miss Jung and Mr. Lee,” the flight attendant greets warmly to their passengers and the pair returns the same smile.

“Can I sit inside?” Jessica requests, she loves to sit by the window.

“Sure, why not,” Donghae lets her in first before he takes the seat next to her.

“Have you been to Singapore?” she wonders.

“I’ve been Singapore before, just last year,” he replies.

She becomes very excited. “I never been to Singapore before, but I’ve heard about it being a very clean and green city with many signature local delicacies. Since we will be there for few days, can you bring me around since you are more familiar with the place?”

This is the first time he has heard her saying so much to him. “Uh- No problem, I can bring you around.”

Jessica smiles brightly at him before she looks out the window, admiring the fluffy clouds below her as the plane is flying above the mid skies.

Donghae adjusts his seat to a comfortable position before he crosses his arms and closes his eyes to take a rest since it will be a few hours of flight journey.

“So …” she tilts her head slightly to her left, wanting to ask more about Singapore when she realizes he has fallen asleep.  

His lashes are long and fine, his brows is also neatly trimmed, he has a chiseled face. The lineaments of his face were in perfect proportion to each other.

“Done admiring this handsome face of mine?” his mouth curls into a smirk, though his eyes are closes, he hasn’t sleep yet and he can sense her observing his face earlier.

Jessica flusters and quickly grabs the magazine in front of her, pretends to be reading it.

He smirks again when he squirts his eyes slightly to see what she is doing.

He closes his eyes again and say, “You can just tell me if you want to see my charming face, I’d let you.”

“What are you talking about?” she feigns ignorance.

“You don’t have to feel shy to admit that I am handsome,” he is getting more confidence of his looks now.

“I have seen many handsome faces before; yours are just one kind of common,” she shrugs her shoulder.

“So you do admit that you are staring at my face just now,” he finally opens his eyes and has a cocky smile plaster on his face.

Defeated

She rolls her eyes. “Whatever you say.” So full of yourself. She continues flipping through the magazine without even reading its’ context at all.

Teasing her is so much fun

Finally done flipping through from the first page to last, she puts the magazine back to the slot of the seat and then closes her eyes. Donghae has lost interest in sleeping by then, he withdraws his laptop from his bag and begins to do some research on an upcoming project instead.

Not soon after, he feels something weighs down and drops onto his shoulder suddenly. It was Jessica head. His body stiffens when she nests her head inwards and comfortably against his neck.

Looks like you have break the no.1 rule.

He tries not to fidget in his seat, and allows her head to rest on his shoulder. He stretches his arm and closes the laptop cover. He glances down at her with a smile form on his face unknowingly, and slowly, his eye lids become heavier, then drifts to a sleep with his head lands on top of Jessica head.

“Dear passengers, please adjust your seats, and buckle your seat belts as we will be arriving Singapore in 15 minutes. Thank you.”

Jessica opens her eyes and feels something heavy on top of her head. She tries to raise her head and her actions stir Donghae awake as well.

Upon realizing she is lying her head on his shoulder, she jerks up from her seat and fixes her hair.

“Someone breaks the no.1 rule,” he clears his throat.

Tsk

“It wasn’t my intention, I am sorry then,” she explains, wonders why her head will seeks comfort from him though she must admit that his broad shoulder is indeed comfortable.

Initially, he wants to more but then she seems to be very serious with the rules laid down between them which makes him slightly annoy.

Why am I so upset that she is following those rules so closely.

“Never mind, you don’t have to apologize,” he says in a low tone and looks away.

¬

“Thank you for travelling with us. Hope you have a pleasant trip,” the flight attendant bows.

“Hey, look there. She must be Dara who is appoints by Halmeoni to assist us during this trip,” Jessica calls for his attention and points at the woman holding a placard with their names on it.

Donghae pushes the trolley with their luggage on it to Dara side.

“Hi Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee,” Dara greets with a sweet smile. “Nice to meet you, I am Dara, I will be helping out during your stay in Singapore.”

“Please call me Donghae,” he extends his hand and gives a mouthwatering smiles to her.

“Donghae,” she calls.

Jessica must admit that Dara is a very beautiful woman though petite size like her, she possesses a special charm which men like Donghae would definitely go for and is being proven it is the fact by observing how he reacts to her.

“Please call me Jessica, thank you for hosting us around for the next few days,” she suddenly links her arm around Donghae and gives him the sweetest smile he ever witnesses.

He is a little taken aback by her actions but he knows that there must be a reason for her to be forsaking the first rule.

“I think Dara must be Halmeoni spy, we need to act lovely in front of her so she can report to Halmeoni,” he hears her soft whispers.

“Let me help you with your luggage, my car is just ahead,” Dara offers her help but was rejected by Donghae.

“Gentlemen must not let a pretty woman like you to do a tough job,” he winks.

Jessica tries to calm herself down. Can’t you let go your playboy vibes for now?

“You cannot flirt with her,” she hisses under her breathe, walking beside him.

“Why?” he challenges.

“I told you she could be possibly spying on us for my Halmeoni. What you did earlier is a BIG NO,” she says.

“Remember our second rule?” he smirks.

“Yes, I remember. No interfering each other personal life,” she says dryly.

“So please don’t interfere my personal life. I can do what I want or not.”

“Fine,” she stamps her feet and joins Dara, leaving him behind.

 I like it when you are mad.

¬

“We’ve reach,” Dara parks her car at the basement and leads the way to the Sentosa island resort hotel.

Jessica is amazed at everything. The place right now is like a heaven, an escapade from her hectic life. The children laughter makes her mood lighten up.

“I want to go to the theme park,” she exclaims cutely when they walk past by it.

A smile forms on his face when he witnesses another side of her.

“We can go tomorrow,” he suggests.

“Really?” she is very excited already. He nods.

¬

“I am Dara, I had made a room reservation,” Dara passes her documents to the hotel receptionist.

“Here’s the keys, the lift is on your right,” the receptionist points.

“Thank you,” accepting the keys and makes her way to the couple.

“You will be staying on the highest level and here’s your key. Please freshen up yourself and prepares for tonight function which will be held here. I will come back and pick you guys up at evening,” Dara informs.

“We will be staying together in a room only?” Jessica asks, referring the ‘We’ as Donghae and herself.

“Is there any problem with it? Madame Jung had specifically informed me to assign a room only.”

“No there is no problem with it, thank you for your help, Dara,” Donghae hugs Jessica waist, bringing her closer to her.

Jessica immediately casts her eyes down at his hand around her waist, then glances up at him. He smiles and she then realizes now how contagious his smiles are.

“We won’t see you out, bye Dara. See you in the evening,” Donghae waves and Jessica follows suit.

“Are you going to continue hugging my waist or we should go to our room now?” she is blushing slightly, she had never been so close to a man before.

When Dara is out of sight, he removes his hand from her and touches up with his hair.

“So you have decided not to flirt with the Miss gorgeous Dara?” she asks sarcastically.

“Are you perhaps jealous?” he winks.

“Of course not!”

“She is really a spy,” he confirms. What he did earlier is just to test if she is really a spy like what Jessica said, and her assumption is proven correct since Dara is not affected by his charms at all.

“Now you believe me,” she half rolls her eyes. “Took you long enough.”

He shrugs with a smile. “Let’s go.”

Jessica follows him behind, nervous about sharing the same room with him.

Halmeoni…

***

Hope it doesn't disappoint you guys.

Xo