Chapter 7

The Marriage Rule

A/N Long Chapter ahead. Beware ~

 

“Good morning,” Jessica greets with a smile, remains as composure she could as she removes the apron and sets the table with two plates of breakfast.

“Morning,” he greets back as he sits down with breakfast ready in front of him. “I will eat well.”

Why did she prepare breakfast out of the sudden?

Jessica sits across him and they eat in awkward silence.

“Yesterday…” she begins as she stirs her cup of coffee while he panics. What if she finds out that I kiss her?

They both glances up from their plates and their eyes meet, sending invisible electrical waves across and get their heart electric shock. They quickly avert their eyes back to the plate of breakfast.

Gosh! What is happening?

“I think I had fallen asleep in the car, so are you the one who carry me up to the room?” she continues softly.

“Yes but I’ve got no choice, no matter how I nudged you, you wouldn’t budged,” he heaves a soft sigh of relief.

“You know you are quite heavy for your size, I had a hard time carrying you,” he adds on jokingly.

Jessica grits her teeth and smacks lightly on his arm. “You are exaggerating.”

“Yah, why are you keeping breaking rules?” he rubs his arm.

“You are the one who keep breaking those rules first!” she retorts back. “Are you sure you did nothing to me last night?” she questions and arches her brows.

Thump!

“What would you think I would do to you?” he fakes a laugh.

Jessica knows very well what he did to her but she does not want to expose him. “I just thought you would,” she shrugs and continues eating.

~

“Dara, where are we heading to?” asks Jessica when they are in her car.

“You will find out when we reach,” Dara is keeping the suspense. Dara reply reminds her of yesterday when Donghae said that too. Donghae notices Jessica pouts and finds her adorable when she did it.

Since when I feel everything is perfectly good and right on her? He shakes away those thoughts.

It was a short distance travelled. “Bridal shop?” she stands in front of the said shop.

Dara nods her head proudly. “Madam Jung had specifically order me to help you guys in selecting the gown and tuxedo…”

“As well as overseeing the wedding preparation…” another familiar female voice chimes in from behind.

“TIFFANY!” Jessica turns back to the source of voice and is very surprised to see her best friend and Siwon here. She hugs her and exclaims, “What are you guys doing here?”

Tiffany smiles brightly and winks. “We are here to help you guys in preparation for your upcoming wedding.”

What?!

“Come on! Let’s go choose your gown!” Tiffany excitedly pulled Jessica into the bridal shop. Jessica is confused and not adjusted to the current situation right now.

“Hi Donghae!” not forgetting to greet him as they pass by him like wind.

“Hi Tiffany, are you guys acting as our wedding advisor now?” Donghae jokes.

“We are,” Siwon confirms and drags him into the bridal shop as well.

“Isn’t it too early for the preparation?” Jessica mumbles.

“It is not early at all! You guys left only about 2 months and we have a lot more to do!” Tiffany being at her bossy mode now as she takes out her pink clip board with checklists neatly written on it.

“How long will it take? We have our plans,” Jessica puffs her cheek.

Tiffany smirks and swoons. “Well X3, looks like you two are progressing well than we had expected.”

“Let’s go and choose my gown now,” Jessica finds herself stammering with her words.

She is looking forward to our sightseeing’s. His heart is smiling.

The ladies and men are separated to hunt for their own piece. Jessica fingers breeze through the rack of beautiful white gown.

“I don’t know which one to choose. All are so pretty,” Jessica gasps at all beautifully designed piece.

On the other hand, Donghae has already chosen his piece. He gets himself dress in the piece he had chosen and it looks perfectly great on him. Eagerly, he goes to the ladies and proudly shows off his tuxedo.

“Looking for Jess?” Tiffany teases. “She will be out in a minute. Make sure you don’t drool over her.”

The assistant assists Jessica out of the dressing room and is welcome with anticipating eyes on her especially Donghae. He gulps down his saliva as he stares longingly at the woman in front of him with a shy smile forms on her angelic face.

Goddess like is an understatement.  

“You look absolutely dead drop beautiful,” Tiffany awes, clasping her hand.

“Really?” she feels unsure of herself as she glances up at Donghae, seemingly seeking for his opinion.

“Tiffany’s right. This gown is tailored made for you,” Donghae compliments make her feel like she had made the right choice with her gown.  It is not revealing, white gown with flower lace embroider on it and hugs her body into perfect hour glass figure.

“Thank you. You look really cool in your tux too,” Jessica returns the compliment.

She feels surreal when she looks at their reflection from the long mirror as they stand next to each other. They look very loving and match well together.

Very soon, we are…

“You guys are a heaven made couple,” Siwon comments, gaining approval from Tiffany.

“We will get this,” Donghae tells the shop assistant.

Tiffany happily ticks off one of the checklists.

~

“Jess, let’s go to the beach!” exclaims Tiffany excitedly as she pull along her to the beach while the men trail behind them. They just ended their dinner at the sea side recommended by Donghae. 

“Wait, Tiff!” Jessica stops in their track and unbuckles her strap heels, holds it and then runs happily like kids to the beach.

The ladies have so much fun playing with the sand and sea water, picking pebbles and throw it into the vast sea. Their giggles are melodious to the men who are sitting at the bench watching after them.

“Be careful, my dear!” Siwon shouts.

This is the first time Donghae witnesses the genuine smiles appear on Jessica face. She looks at her best when she smiles like this.

“How’s thing between you and Sica?” Siwon suddenly asks.

“I don’t know how to explain it too,” Donghae shrugs his shoulder as he stares at Jessica who timely stares back at his direction.

“You are totally fallen head over heels for Sica,” Siwon remarks with a big smile.

“What are you saying? No, I don’t like her,” he refutes the statement.

Am I really in love with her?

“You are in love with her,” Siwon re sentence. “Don’t deny it. I can see from your eyes, how you look fondly at her today, just that you doesn’t want to realize and admit your feelings. Sica is great woman. Don't let her slip by.”

Just then, the ladies finally make their way back to the men.

~

“Ouch!” Jessica winces in pain as she lands onto the hard rough ground when she misses her step.

“Jess!” Tiffany helps her out but Jessica feels like her ankle has sprain, she couldn’t get on feet.

Donghae sees it and quickly rushes to her side. “Are you okay? Are you hurt elsewhere?” worries written on his face and he examines her.

“I think I have sprained my ankle,” pouts Jessica as she holds on her ankle.

“Here?” Donghae rubs gently on it and she screams in pain.

“Can you walk Jess?” asks Tiffany worriedly.

“Don’t move!” Donghae orders when she fidgets in her place. He gently scoops her up and carries her to the bench.

Jessica eyes cats down at him while he removes her heels; his thumb begins to rub against her ankle to help eased the pain. He notices her ankle has turned red and swollen.

“Is it painful?” he glances up.

She nods, biting her lips.

“Here’s the ice,” Sifany quickly returns back with the requested ice packs.

“We need to go to the clinic,” Donghae claims.

“What?” Jessica asks confusedly with Donghae back arches down in front of her.

“I will carry you to the car. You cannot walk in this state, it will worsen your condition,” he tilts his face.

“But – “

“No buts come on, or you prefer me to carry you again instead?” he pats his back. Jessica sighs and gives in.

Sifany wriggles their brows. Carry you again? What have these two done?

Tiffany supports her up with the help of Siwon and her body falls against his sturdy back. Jessica blushes and hitches a breath when his hand encircle below her to steady her position behind. He piggybacks her to their car with Sifany follow behind.

“I am heavy right,” she mutters embarrassingly.

Jessica cannot see the smile forms on his face when he replies, “No, actually you are not. I can handle the weight of yours.”

Her heart melts. Am I slowly warming up to him?

“We should go with them,” Tiffany says to Siwon who pulls her back suddenly.

“This is the best chance for Donghae,” Siwon stops her.

“Do you mean Donghae likes Jess?” Tiffany squeals as she covers . ‘Omo!”

~

Donghae carries her to the nearest hospital not minding how others look at them.

“You can put me down now,” she whispers and pats his shoulder.

He sits her down at the chair and registers her name. “You cannot wear heels in future.”

“Why?!” Her loud voice alerts others attention and then soften her voice. “You cannot stop me from wearing heels!”

“Because of your heels, that's why you fell,” he tells.

“I will be careful next time,” she assures.

“No means no,” he reaffirms his stance.

“You cannot!” She argues back with puffs and pouts.

“I can because I am your husband! You have to listen to me,” he lets out a smile.

Husband

Jessica purses her lips and shut .

~

The doctor treats her sprained ankle and to her relief, it will be healed within a week but she needs to take extra care on it. Though it will be healed in a week, she cannot help but to feel disappointed.

“Are you still in pain?” he notices her facial expression is sulky.

“No,” she answers shortly.

“Then why do you seem sad?”

“We couldn’t proceed with our upcoming activities here in Singapore. It is such a pity because of my sprained ankle,” she pouts.

“Silly girl! We can still come back here in future. I promise you I will bring you explore each and every part of Singapore,” he ruffles and pats her head.

Donghae chuckles when she pops her pinky finger and wants him to seal the promise. “I promise.”

~

They decided to fly back to Seoul earlier than scheduled because of Jessica minor injury. Donghae has been very attentive and caring towards her and is making her heart feel sweet.

“Flats?” she expresses her shock when Donghae buys her a pair of flats to wear.

“All your shoes are heels. And you cannot wear heels now with your current state,” he tells.

“But why can’t you buy me shoes with wedges?”

“No, I had told you, you aren’t wearing any heels or wedges in future.”

“It is unfair! Why should I listen to you? And flats make me shorter,” she pouts.

“I don’t mind it at all,” he says with a smile. “You still look great with flats, I promise.”

“I thought you like tall woman,” she looks away.

“So you are wearing heels because of what I said for my ideal type of woman?” he teases.

“No! Heels are my lovers, is not because of you,” she denies.

“Whatever it is, you will be wearing these,” he proudly shows her.

So this is how it feels like to have someone care for.

~

“Halmeoni!” Jessica shouts with much misses for her.

“Hey, slowly and be careful!” Donghae warns when she is about to fasten her pace.

Still holding his hand, they slowly make their way to Madame Jung.

“Our Jessica! I have heard you sprained your ankle, how is it already? Are you still feeling pain? I will ask Doctor Choi to come over and check your injury again,” Madame Jung is concern.

“Don’t worry Halmeoni, I am recovering fast,” Jessica assures her worries grandmother.

“Deh Halmeoni, rest assured, I will take good care of her,” Donghae adds on with a smile.

“I trust you my grandson-in-law,” Madame Jung nods.

Donghae brings her back to the room and settles her down in the bed. “You should take a rest now.”

“Ani, I have been resting and resting. I want to go out and take fresh air. I am not a sickly patient, and I can walk now,” she sits at the edge of her bed.

Donghae bends forward to meet her eyes level. “Are you not going to listen to me?” his eyes is so charming and yet dangerous to stare at for seconds.

“Yes, I am not listening to you,” she pokes her tongue.

“Then I will have to – “ he chuckles as he is ready to flick her forehead.

“I am not allowing it!” she quickly grabs his wrist to stop him from flicking her forehead again. Her force is too great which result her pulling him towards her as they together falls back on the bed with him on top of her.

Their faces are inches apart, their lips are merely about to brush against each other. They gazes through each other soul, lost in their little world of mixture of feelings,

Thump… Thump… Thump…

Their heart is pounding so hard and they feel difficulties in breathing.

“Jessica…” his breath blows against her lip.

“Deh?” she mumbles nervously.

“Shall we forgo those rules we set?” he asks seriously, eyes still not breaking from one another.

She bites her lip. “Why?”

“Because I have broken the most important rule,” he confesses.

This time, her heart rate accelerates to the max and she is speechless.

“I have fallen in love with you, Jessica,” he finally admits.

Jessica eyes blinks rapidly. I don’t know if it is love or just infatuation for you.

“What do you say?” he asks nervously when she is not speaking.

“I – “she manages a word out.

Before she wants to speak again, he closes his eyes and seals the gap of their lips. His lip is soft and gentle when he kisses her, Jessica finds herself responding to his kiss.

The kiss lasts not long more than a minute when he breaks apart. “It is okay if you don’t have the same feelings for me. I will make you fall hard on me,” he promises with confidence and smiles charmingly at her.

She goes speechless again when he detaches himself from her and pulls her up to sitting position. He kneels before her and brushes her fringe behind her ear loop. His little gestures are making her heart too much to handle.

“Take a rest and think over your feelings for me,” he kisses her forehead which again caught off her guard and he makes his leave thereafter.

She watches him leave and closes the door behind him. Her body numbly rests onto the bed, her finger traces around her lip as she remembers clearly how he kisses her.  

It is my kiss!

Donghae stands behind the door as he smiles to himself. Finally, he has admit his feeling for her and he don’t know when or how but he just fallen for her. She is truly irresistible and it makes him happy that she responds to his kiss.

Jessica, I will make you realized your feelings for me. 

XOXO