Good Morning, Sleeping Beauty

Not Without You

Heechul's eyes fluttered open to the light glow of light peeking from behind closed curtains. She already knew she didn't want to get out of bed. The down comfortor was wrapped warmly around her and she snuggled into the fluffy pillows. The smell of fresh sheets was still strong from when they were washed -- wait a minute. This wasn't the smell of her sheets or sheets in general for that matter. The strong scent of cologne engulfed her as her eyes shot wide open. She jumped away from the scent and the comfortable bed, knocking over an alarm clock and a couple of books in the process. Where in the world was she? She didn't recognize anything in the room. This was most certainly not her house. Panic washed over her when she looked down to find herself in a pair of sweats and an oversized t-shirt that were not her own either. The shock of it all was too much for the poor girl. She screamed.

Not too far from his bedroom, Hankyung sat in the kitchen sipping on a cup of coffee, a slow smile spreading across his face when he heard the scream. Heechul was awake. And about time too. The clock over the door chimed, signaling that it was already two o'clock in the afternoon. The door flew open and a considerably ruffled Heechul ran out, stumbling over her own feet due to the length of the sweat pants. She ran for the door and started fumbling with the lock.

"And where do you think you're going?" Heechul froze. She knew that voice. Turning around hesitantly, brown eyes met dark orbs. Heechul straightened her back, regaining her composure and any lost dignity. Hankyung walked towards her slowly, looking as if he were approaching a frightened animal that could attack at any moment. Slowly the events of the previous night came to mind and she recoiled against the massive headache that took her by surprise.

"There it is." Hankyung said, helping the girl steady herself and walk into the kitchen. He dimmed the kitchen lights and sat her down in the nearest chair, allowing her to cross her arms on the table and rest her throbbing head. He chuckled when he heard her groan. Heechul squinted when she looked up. Hankyung had put a large glass of water and two pain killers in front of her.

"Take those and drink all the water. You're dehydrated." He sat down and watched her. She glared at him, not appreciating the fact that a younger man was telling her what to do. But still she complied: her desire to get rid of this excruciating headache was much stronger than her desier to maintain her pride. 

"Could I at least have coffee?" she asked, taking another sip of the water after swallowing the pills. The cool liquid felt good running down her dry rough throat. Her voice wasn't in any better condition. Hankyung shook his head. 

"Not until that headache's gone." he replied, smirking at Heechul's trademark scowl. She gulped down half the glass this time. "Take it easy. You're going to -" He couldn't even finish his sentence before he saw the girl shoot up from her chair, rushing to the sink to empty the contents of her stomach. "Get sick." he finished. Hankyung stood up and walked to a retching Heechul and held her hair back with one hand, the other on her waist forcing most of her weight against his hip. When she was finished, he backed up, giving the woman her personal space again, but staying close enough to grab her should she fall. She leaned against the sink limply, washing out, the cabinet doors the only things keeping her knees from giving out from under her. Hankyung shook his head pitifully at her. Heechul saw this from the corner of her eye and glared at him, wiping her lips with the back of her hand.

"Care for a kiss?" Poison honey. That's what Hankyung likened the sarcastic remark to. Well, she was obviously okay now.

"I'll pass, sweetheart. Maybe some other time." He turned around and walked back to his chair, Heechul following close behind.

"Quick question." Heechul started. She wasn't feeling much better but this thought had been eating at her since the moment she ran out of the room screaming. 

"I called my neighbor, Victoria, to come and change your clothes. I didn't see anything." Hankyung answered, knowing where the conversation was going. 

"You have got to stop doing that." Heechul looked at the man in front of her in shock. There was no way she was that predictable. He shrugged.

"You didn't seem like the kind of girl who would want a guy to change your clothes for you. You're dress is in the wash." He added when she opened . She closed it with a sharp snap and took a smaller, slower sip of the water in front of her. What was up with this guy? 

They sat in silence for an immeasurable amount of time in some sort of unannounced staring contest. A small satisfied grin spreak across Heechul's face when Hankyung finally looked away. 

"Sungmin brought your laptop over." He said, motioning to the bag sitting in the corner of the counter. "He said you left it at his place when you went over there yesterday." 

"Thanks." she murmured unintelligibly. Her headache was only slightly better and the lights, even though they were dimmed, weren't helping any. Neither was Hankyung's consistent talking. She dropped her head onto her crossed arms with a dramatic moan. 

"Go on back to bed if it hurts that bad." Hankyung ordered. Heechul glared once again. She stood up and walked out the room, muttering something about dogs and deadlines. Back in the bedroom, she passed by the mirror on the opposite wall and jumped back, nearly displacing the stereo system from its shelf. Wow, she looked rough.

An hour later, Hankyung looked up from the show he was watching to see Heechul emerge from the bedroom wearing cargo shorts and a t-shirt. His cargo shorts and t-shirt.

"You raided my closet?" he asked amused.

"Well, I have to wear something, don't I?" Hankyung could hear her roll her eyes, though he couldn't be absolutely sure due to the dark sunglasses she wore on her face to lessen the effect of the lights. His sunglasses. He smirked at the thought.

Heechul grabbed her laptop from the kitchen and looked for the most comfortable looking chair in the room. There was a black suede lazyboy in the corner with a fluffy white pillow. She decided that it would have to do. She really needed to get this final chapter finished so that she could send it in to her editor. Leeteuk was not a very patient man when it came to his work.

She walked over to the chair and was inches from sitting when a snarl followed quickly by a bark had her across the room in hardly a second, heart pounding and adreneline rushing. The fluffy thing she thought had been a pillow was, in fact, not a pillow. 

"RongRong, that's not nice. Bad girl." The dog wined as she looked at her owner with typically puppy dog eyes, then back to Heechul with a snarl. "Sorry, I meant to warn you. That's RongRong's chair. No one else sits there." Hankyung continued, trying not to laugh at the woman clutching at the shirt, trying to catch her breath. He could feel her glare through the sunglasses.

"I hate dogs. Mangy m..." The rest of her mumbling was lost to Hankyung as she walked towards the only other spot open for her to sit in: the spot next to him on the couch. She pulled out her laptop and began writing after checking her emails. 

Hankyung respected her space and tried not to look over her shoulder too much. But what she was writing was interesting. Apparently, the main character was trying to uncover some government secret and had just had a run in with a bunch of guard dogs (he tried not to laugh at this) which led her straight into the arms of her male counterpart. But what really kept his attention was Heechul's expressions. When she started typing, her face had been tense and guarded. By this point though - Hankyung had no clue how long it had been - her expressions were shifting back and forth from soft and loving to intense and inspired, both equally as attractive as the other in his eyes. She had taken off the glasses a few pages back, allowing him a better view of the light brown eyes that he noticed sparkled each time she pressed the save button at the end of a page to make sure she didn't lose the document. At the same time she would run a hand through her hair, pushing her bangs out of her face only to have them fall back into place, waiting to be pushed back again at the end of the next page.

Hankyung didn't know what came over him. The moment Heechul turned her head to ask in what he knew would be a snarky tone what he was staring at, he cut her off, his lips claiming hers in a soft kiss.