Are You Going?

Not Without You

This was the first time in nearly three years that everyone met together in the same place at the same time. (Everone knew who Hankyung was by this point so no one seemed bothered by his presence, much to Heechul's chagrin. Apparently, she had been the last one to find out and if it hadn't been for the immense headache she now had, she would have gladly thrown a fit.) The whole gang was back together, all of them saying that they had received similar threats.

Leeteuk sat at the head of the long table they were all gathered around. He had his head in his hands as he waited for everyone to quiet down. Heechul was sitting next to him, leaning back in the booth, sunglasses dawning her face. Hankyung, who was to one side of her had his arm around her shoulders, supporting her head so as not to make the headache worse. Donghae, one of the younger members, was stretched out with his head in her lap, nearly asleep from being woken up from his late night.

Yesung and Ryeowook were sitting at the other end of the table, trading a couple of papers back and forth discussing what menu changes needed to be made that day. Well, it was more Ryeowook telling Yesung what he was going to have to do once they opened the cafe and Yesung nodding drowsily, probably not even paying attention. Kangin had claimed his spot next to his leader and brother. Shindong was sitting on the other side of Ryeowook, leaning over and thanking Hankyung for the breakfast. Sungmin sat next inbetween the chef and Kyuhyun who was dozing next to him from his late night of playing video games with Donghae. Eunhyuk sat next to Kangin, across from where Donghae was stretched out, keeping an eye on the man. Siwon and Kibum took up the remaining two seats, Siwon chatting animatedly to the expressionless man next to him.

"Okay, everyone, please. Quiet down." Leeteuk tried to say over everyone's voices.

"But can we finish it before we open?"

"Hyung, this is delicious."

"Kyu, why are you always..."

"Why are you so stubborn?"

"Quiet please."

"...a new tray..."

"...throw it out the window..."

"...what's in it..."

"...what did I do..."

"SHUT UP!" Everyone froze at the screech. Heechul yanked her glasses off of her face and glared at everyone. Her eyes were glazed over, red and swollen and had bags under them from the night before. The coffee her boyfriend had put in front of her wasn't helping any with her hangover. And neither was the noise. She slid the glasses back on and leaned back again after nodding to Leeteuk, motioning for him to start their meeting. He nodded a thank you to Heechul and turned to look at his unit.

"As you all know, we have been receiving, whether it be through the mail or over the phone, threats on our own lives and the lives of our loved ones." Leeteuk noticed as the couples around the table either moved slightly closer to each other or made some small movement of reassurance to their partner. Kyuhyun's arm visibly tightened around Sungmin's shoulders. Yesung squeezed Ryeowook's hand. Eunhyuk, who now had an awake Donghae sitting on his lap, threw the other arm around his waist. Siwon placed a quick kiss on top of Kibum's head and start fiddling with his hair. Heechul tilted her head into the crook of Hankyung's neck and Leeteuk felt his brother's hand tighten on his shoulder. Shindong's face had glazed over, no doubt Nari filling his mind.

"My question is, what are we going to do about it?" All at once suggestion were thrown out, the noise level reaching higher than it had earlier that morning.

"Alright! That's enough!" Leeteuk shouted, managing to calm everybody down this time. He mouthed a sorry to Heechul when he felt her glaring at him through her glasses. That hangover was pretty bad. "One at a time will suffice. Everyone will be heard." Everything was quiet for a while before a timid Ryeowook raised his hand. "Yes, Ryeowook."

"Are we going to have to relocate again?" He asked. More protests filled the air but were immediately silenced by Heechul leaning forwards, her hand moving to her glasses, threatening to remove them. She heaved an annoyed sigh and reached for her coffee instead, Hankyung squeezing her shoulder in an attempt to relax her. Leeteuk rolled his eyes.

"Only if you want to, Wookie." He looked around the room at all of the members of his unit. "I'm leaving that option open to anyone who wants it. I can't force you to stay." He gave them a moment to consider. "But if you're going to leave, I suggest you go now." People shook their heads in refusal. No one wanted to leave. The moment almost brought a tear to the leader's eye. The only one who hadn't protested or accepted was Heechul. Leeteuk looked at her. She appeared to be staring off into space, but then again, her face was hidden behind bug-eyed sunglasses, so he couldn't know for sure.

"Heechul, what about you?" Said woman took off her glasses and looked at the man, the full force of her gaze boring into him. It sent a shiver down his spine. Her eyes looked a little bit better although the bags and dark circles were still prominent. There was a small movement as she moved her hand to trace her finger over the ring on her hand. Thankfully, only Hankyung noticed this.

"If I haven't left you by now, what makes you think I'm leaving any time soon?" Leave it to the resident diva to bring a grown man to tears. She rolled her tired eyes and tucked herself back up under Hankyung's arm, dark lenses hiding the light sparkle in her eyes caused by threatening tears. "Oh quit with the tears. You're the biggest baby out of all of us, including Ryeowook." Heechul fussed harshly, pointing to the effeminate man who was also tearing up at the second-in-command's words. The roughness of her words was countered by her softly and comfortingly nudging the leader's ankle with her foot. The man looked at her with a teary smile and laughed. Seeing that he couldn't continue now, Heechul sat up and looked at the rest of the members, taking over the leading position.

"If none of us are willing to relocate, the only other option is that we fight back." she started. Mutterings vibrated the air around the table. No one dared speak any louder in fear of Heechul's wrath. "Is everyone in agreement?" Silence.

"All in favor?" Hankyung finally spoke. No one moved. One unit standing against a full fledged government barely stood a chance. "We understand it's a hard decision and you don't have to decide now. As for the three of us," Hankyung motioned to himself, Heechul, and Leeteuk. "we will be standing our ground here. We're not going to force anyone to do anything they don't want to do."

"Well, you know I'm not going to miss out on this. If Jungsoo's in, I'm in." Kangin stated, smacking his elder albeit smaller brother on the back nearly knocking the man off of his chair. He whispered an apology as Leeteuk tried to catch his breath from having it knocked out of him. There was a moment of whispering between the remaining people in the room before anyone spoke again.

"Donghae and I are in." Eunhyuk said, his strong voice sounding oddly confident. Leeteuk nodded at the man with a smile.

"Same for us." Ryeowook added his and Yesung's names to the list of those staying.

"I'm not going to miss this for the world. It's just like the game I played last week." Kyuhyun said. Sungmin rolled his eyes.

"Then I'll stay as well. Someone's gotta look after you."

Soon after everyone had decided they would stay with their leaders and make the stand. By the time everyone left to go to their respective jobs, it had been decided that the basement of the cafe would be used as the unit's headquarters. It had enough rooms and was enough of a maze that it would serve nicely for that purpose. And it wasn't as if they felt they were ready, in fact they had no clue what they were going to do or how they were going to do it. They just knew it needed to be done... and it would be done together, as the family they knew they were.