Three Courses... and Coffee?

Not Without You

Jae was in the apartment when the friends showed up. Sungmin grabbed Heechul's hand and pulled her through the house to where he knew her room to be and closed the door after them, completely ignoring the man curiously watching them while he nursed what appeared to be a monsterous hangover. Serves you right was the only thing Sungmin could think that would keep him from going off his rocker and giving the man what he deserved right then and there. He was extrememly grateful that Heechul's room was as close to the front door as it was.

"Little black dresses are the answer to every fashion question." had been Sungmin's explaination when he forced the girl into the designated changing area and threw the dress in after her. He could hear her grumbling as she slid it on, trying not to mess up her already fixed hair and makeup. 

"You look magnificent!!!" Sungmin exclaimed, looking at the young woman that had just emerged from her closet. Heechul looked in the mirror behind the door and smirked, satisfied with the results of the uncounted hours with the man who had raided her closet more times in those few hours than she had in her entire life. I can pull off anything that I wear had always been her excuse. It's not my fault my parents gave me this gorgeous face. But tonight, she looked shockingly stunning in a little form-fitting black number. It reached to just below mid-thigh on the girl. The sleeves were made up of three slim sections of cloth that criss crossed just above the shoulder blades of her completely . Heechul's hair had been tied back into a simple low ponytail and he had applied a smokey eye with light pink lips and a pair of black strappy pumps to finish the effect. Sungmin had one word to describe the woman in front of him now: y. 

Now she was on her way to the restaurant, her arm hooked through Sungmin's. (He would pass the restaurant on his way back to his apartment so he offered to her since it was beginning to get dark.) She had tried to tell Jaejong in an as normal way as possible that she wouldn't be back until late. He had nodded his consent and waved her out the door, hand moving to his eyes to block the light. She sighed with relief when they were finally out the door. Sungmin squeezed her hand reassuringly and placed it in the bend of his arm as they walked out the building and down the road. 

"Well, here we are." He said as they reached the thin double doors of the restaurant. Heechul nodded and removed her hand, thanking Sungmin when he opened the door for her; though she was sorely tempted to take back the thank you when he stuck his head in and shouted, "Take care of her, Hankyung. And watch out. She's a fiesty one!" The only thing that kept her from slapping him senseless was the fact that he had disappeared down the street before she could turn around, his laughter ringing in her ears. She looked into the large dinning room of the restaurant when she heard a deep chuckle in response.

Hankyung was bent over a small circular table with a white table cloth wiping the edge of the plates with a cloth napkin. He slung it over his shoulder and approached the woman who was giving him a skeptical look, handing her one of the glasses of a dark red wine he had in his hands. The color of the wine went well with the all black attire he dawned. The collared black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to mid-forearm was tucked into black slacks. His black shoes had obviously been shined. And she had to admit that he was handsome with his hair spiked the way it was. 

"Hello." he said with a bright, excited grin on his face. Heechul smirked into her glass. The wine was dry and the burn of the alcohol felt good going down as if it was exactly what she needed after a day like she had just had. She had to restrain herself from downing the entire glass in one gulp. "Come on in." He gestured his free arm into the room with a flourish.

"Thank you." She answered before taking another sip of her wine. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to accept the glass from him. They walked deeper into the room to the table Hankyung had been standing at when she walked in. He pulled her chair out for her after setting their glasses down respectively. She sat down, the chair sliding under her until she was close enough to th table to be comfortable. Then Hankyung took his spot, grinning ear to ear as she put the napkin from over his shoulder into his lap. 

"Enjoy." He said, gesturing at her in encouragement to eat. Heechul looked at her plate for the first time. The man had done a fairly good job making the basic chinese cuisine look elegant enough for the atmosphere he had set for the two of them. The lights had been dimmed and there was a lit candle beside a single rose in a skinny vase in the center of the arrangement. How cheesy can this guy get? Heechul thought to herself. Normally this kind of thing would be too much for her to handle but for some reason, this time she thought it was nothing short of cute... or perhaps endearing. Well, she could give him one thing: the man was an excellent cook. After a few minutes of silence, giving the two of them time to start eating, Heechul spoke.

"So, since you apparently know everything there is to know about me," she started, referring to their exchange earlier that day (had it really only been that morning?) "tell me a little bit about yourself." Hankyung chuckled.

"Alright. My name is Han Geng. I moved to Korea a few years ago from China just for a new atmosphere. I live with my dog, RongRong," 

Ah, so he's a dog person... Heechul thought.

"in an apartment down the road. I'm the head chef here and I'm currently single. I love heart-to-heart talks and long walks on the beach." He laughed at Heechul's expression. "What?"

"You didn't mention you were a comedian." Sarcasm dripped from her voice like poison. She took another gulp of wine. He laughed again. Heechul wondered why it was such a beautiful sound to her. No! No! Snap out of it! 

"What about you?" Hankyung asked. "Who is this Jae you were talking about last night? Your boyfriend?" Heechul winced inwardly when her hand flinched at the name. The action went unnoticed. 

"No. He's just my flatmate. I'm single." Another sip of wine. "Don't plan on being otherwise." She watched the man in front of her in silent satisfaction for the reaction she expected that never came. She frowned as she poured herself another glass of the dark red liquid. 

"Careful with that. You'll get a headache." Hankyung warned as she finished half the glass, no longer caring about how unladylike she looked. She only cared that the numbness she had been wanting was starting to set in. They finished the rest of the meal with pleasant small talk. Hankyung got up at one point and brought out coffee with the dessert. Hankyung's black; Heechul's black with two sugars. After the dessert, they sat back and talked more, Heechul bringing out her wine again and ignoring Hankyung's warnings of regretting it later. She didn't care.