Chapter 6

Shotguns and Bullets

 

 

Chapter 6

“Clean yourself up. We need to leave in 10 minutes.” Minho said and closing the door behind him.

I just have gotten better. My doctor also known as a nineteen year old boy named Taemin said the gunshot wound is okay and my pulse is fine. The needles that were shucked to my hand is now gone. Now, I’m standing in a room wearing nothing but my underwear and an overly white large size of men shirt. I presumed it is Key’s.

Key has been nice to me these past few days. Well, nice isn’t the greatest way to describe it. He’s been cold and yet he still prepares my meal and make sure I am okay. He’s at his best behaviour when Minho is around the apartment. Which rarely happen considering the fact that Minho is never around. I honestly think that Key is cold towards me because of some agenda that I probably would not know. I think he isn’t that bad of a person. Then, there is Taemin. He is a really good kid. Once, he came into my room and offering me some banana milk. He’s very bubbly and positive. A great energy just vibe off from him.

When I think about these things, it saddens me. Deep down in my heart I knew I hated them so bad. They are practically the ones who helped Minho kidnapped me. They are the ones who cause me to be in this situation. In a situation where I might be killed any minute, where my future is uncertain and where my life is standing on a fine line. It makes me so angry at these people for causing me all of this. I can be killed, I can be sell off to some random person and be a slave. Nevertheless, these people still kidnapped me. Not caring about my damn life.

The life I had been living in wasn’t that great. It isn’t that bad either. I would wake up every morning with a maid next to my bed handing me a bath robe. I would enter the grandest bathroom and wash myself in the most comfortable way there is. After a morning shower, I would go down the spiral staircase and enter the dining room to enjoy my breakfast. The dining table is a long rectangular shaped wooden table. I would sit at the furthest seat and eat my meal. Unfortunately so, I have eaten my meal alone for 7 long gruesome years. My father is never home. He is always working. Never having enough time to spare for his one and only daughter. I used to be so loved. The love that I received once before my mother passed away is something that cannot be bought for all the wealth in the world. My father was once an affectionate person, always prioritizing my mother and myself. He used to shower me with love and care. He loved my mother with all his life. My mother was the most caring and loving person I have ever known. She would always smile and hug me if I told her I scored the highest mark in the class. She was the first person who embraced me when I broke up with my first boyfriend. She let me wet her most expensive dress with my tears. She was always there when I look back. On the day she died, I died with her and so did my father. My life from that day was bleak and empty. I haven’t felt alive for more than seven years. That was until Minho came into my room with a gun on my head.

Choi Minho POV

Taemin told me that she is fine enough to go travelling. I couldn’t wait anymore. She needs to be sent to LA, and the sooner the better. Key’s word kept lingering in my mind. How could he assume something so impossible? She is target that I have been assigned to send to Los Angeles. Just a target. We need to get on a plane as fast as possible. Key had detected that someone had place a tracking device on my car. Key deactivated as soon he detected it. But that doesn’t change the fact that someone was tracking me. It could be neither Jinki nor some other assassin that is also targeting Sa Ran. She is worth more than an average life. The news that the heir of Kim Corporation has been kidnapped had set some other businessmen ticked off. They too wanted to get their hands on her. Jinki’s not the only threat I’m facing. Last night, I found out that South Korea’s best officer is handling Sa Ran’s abduction. Rumour’s had it that he is one of the best shooter in the country. Bad news for Jinki, someone else is also trying to kill me.

Key had finished doing Sa Ran’s fake ID and passport for her to pass the guards at the airport. The problem is that the guards would probably do face recognition.

“So, this is the plan Key.” I’m now sitting in front of Key to explain the plan.

“We enter the airport like every other people. We get to the guards and they’ll check our ID’s and passport and then they will probably be doing computerised face recognition and thumb print scans. I need you to hack the airports’ firewall security system and gain us access to pass the guards without any delay. You got it?” I explained the plan to Key and he looks like he is calculating the chances of success.

“Yeah, I got it. If I pass through the firewall I can gain access to the elevators and all the CCTV cameras in the airport. This will go smoothly Minho. Don’t worry too much.” Key looks confident. At least someone is.

I needed to inform Sa Ran that we’re leaving. I twisted the door knob and sees that Sa Ran is standing still in the room with a blank look. She looked defeated. “We need to leave now.”

She looked straight at me and said “Where are you taking me?”

“I’m taking you to Los Angeles. You are going to be a ransom exchange.” I said without a hint of doubt.

“Am I going to be killed once they get the money from my father? You should tell me now you know. I might as well brace myself. Who knows maybe I can yell for help and a knight in shining armour can come to rescue me from you.” she may looked defeated before, but now, she looks as if she’s going to a war. Once the words left , she was smirking.

“Yes. You might be killed. Worse, no knight in shining armour is going to save you.”

She looked like she wasn’t even shaken, her body didn’t even show any sign of fear. But her eyes gave her away. Those deep brown eyes show fear and anxiety. Somehow, I felt a tinge of regret for saying the words I said before. Now, I felt like I needed to protect her. But I needed to cast these feelings aside. I keep chanting these words in my head. She is just a target. Just a target.

 “Go wash yourself up. Take your toothbrush with you once you’re done. Here’s a bag. You can put your necessities in there. Your fake passport and ID is in there. Don’t lose them. Oh, and one more thing.” I move nearer towards her and whisper in her ear. “You scream for a knight in shining armour, I’ll make sure you’ll never speak again. Got it?”

She pushed me off her and stalked off to the bathroom. Suddenly she turned around to face me. “Don’t try so hard, Minho. If I don’t get out of this alive, I myself will make sure to never speak again” she said those words sarcastically.

  Kim Jonghyun POV

“We got a lead, Jonghyun. One of the CCTV cameras caught this image” Sekyung said as she handed me a photo. It’s a green Lamborghini.  “Who does it belong to?”

“We don’t know yet. We can’t see the driver’s face because the windows were tinted and there wasn’t anything for us to track it with.” Sekyung had her face all scrunched up when saying that.

“So, we basically have nothing on the case now?” I said.

“Uh huh. We’re lost Jonghyun. We got nothing on this person. He’s too good. He never gets caught on the CCTV or anything.” Sekyung says tiredly.

“I need to call the local police.”

“What? Why?” Sekyung looks at me questioningly.

“I think that this person will probably transfer the girl somewhere else. Maybe out of the country. We need to get polices all over the airport. I don’t know if this will work, but I have a hunch that they’ll be there. I want every CCTV and elevators access and make sure that the airport staffs are informed about the girl’s face, so that they can help us search the girl. Okay Sekyung?”

“Yes, I’m on it.” Sekyung said.

Come on kidnapper. Show yourself !

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Hi ! I hope everyone will continue reading Shotguns and Bullets.

This chapter is just a glimpse of where the action is going to take place. There is gonna be a bunch of shotguns and shooting. Minho will probably have a duel with Jonghyun *OOPS SPOILER*

I wrote about Sa Ran's mother and father. I almost cried when writing about her mother. I hope you will get Sa Ran's feeling when you read this.

Lastly, I watched Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol last night. It was AWESOME :D