Chapter 4

Shotguns and Bullets

 

 

Chapter 4

“Too slow, Choi” the man said as he lowered his weapon. The man had light bronzed hair, slanted eyes and thin lips.

“Long time no see, Minho”, he said the words with a smirk on his face.  “ Mr Donghae sent me to see what was taking so long for you to dispose of the girl. I see you haven’t accomplished your mission. Too long. Too much time consumed. I need to kill her and you are in my way, Choi Minho.”

For once, the Choi Minho was furious.

“ You are not needed here Jinki. I can kill her off just fine.  You are being an annoyance to me. Leave.”, Minho said slowly, emphasizing on each word.

The man named Lee Jinki for once was terrified. He knows that the man he is talking to is lethal. This time Minho looked dead serious. But this time, Lee Jinki is not going to back away from Minho anymore. He is going to face him. This time, Minho is going to die in the hands of Lee Jinki. Lee Jinki is determined this time.

“No can do. I’m going to kill her and YOU.” Lee Jinki said without a hint of fear in his voice.

“Then I have no choice but to end you.”, Minho said with absoluteness.

Both men reached for their gun at the same time. Two shots can be heard echoed through the hallway.  Minho had avoided both of Jinki’s shots by slightly moving his head. Minho took his gun and fired straight at Jinki’s leg. It hits. As expected, Minho never misses a shot.

Just when Jinki is about to fire at Minho for the third time, Minho presses the trigger and shot Jinki’s right arm. Jinki groaned in pain. Blood is already seeping into his leather jacket. One more shot. Just one more shot is what he needed to hit Minho. Jinki raises his gun and aims at Minho’s head. He pulls the trigger.

Bang !

It hits. The bullet grazed through Minho’s left cheek. Minho was late for a split second to avoid the shot. Minho lifted his head and Jinki was gone. He took off.  

Heh, he’s gotten better. Last time, he wasn’t able to scratch any part of me.

  

Sa Ran’s POV

As I was running to escape, suddenly a great pain overwhelmed me. I fell on the floor on my face. It hurts so bad. I looked at my chest and there were so much blood. I felt sick. It feels like a huge hole has been punched through my chest. It stings so much. Those were the last thought I before black spot started to cover my eyesight. I passed out.

I barely had my eyes open when I sensed someone was carrying me. The person was walking so fast that my body was moving so much. My chest seems to hurt even more.  Stay with me. Hey, open your eyes. Stay with me alright.

Someone was trying to say something to me. I couldn’t process everything that person said. My mind seems to be so clouded. The person’s  voice was so tensioned and rushed yet it seems to be warm. I could feel myself being placed on something hard and rough. I couldn’t even open my eyes. I was so drained.I passed out again.

 

I opened my eyes and felt sore all over my body. My lips feel dry. I lifted my hand and winced. There were needles shucked in my hand. Ugh. I let my eyes wander around and realized I am in a room that had white and grey walls. There is a small table right next to my bed. There are a bunch of pills on the table. There is a two paned window with flowered design curtain on the right wall. As my eyes were wandering, my breath seems to stop when my eyes caught sight of a man who looked so perfect. He looks so peaceful and soft. He is sleeping on the sofa lounged on the side of my bed. It took me second to realize that he was the man that kidnapped me. Man, he is so good looking. My heart almost fell out my chest when someone entered the room. Not that my heart could. My chest was so badly bandaged that I couldn’t even feel my heart beating.

“Oh, you’re up. Hi, I’m Key. Are you okay? You were bleeding so much yesterday. Taemin said he almost couldn’t save you, but that guy over there-” he pointed at my kidnapper “-practically almost pushed a gun at Taemin’s head when he said that. Taemin was scared when Minho did that. Minho stayed up all night taking care of you. You had on and off fever all night long. You should rest”, Key leaves the room without making a sound.

I am astounded. So, my kidnapper, Minho, that is his name from what I heard when Key said it. He actually took care of me. Somehow I am touched. I looked over to him and sees that he had a small cut on his cheek. I was seriously looking at him and not noticing that he was awake and now staring at me. We locked gazes. I was about to say something when he suddenly stands up and walks over to my bed and put his palm on my forehead.

“Are you okay?” he asked softly.

“Hmm, I’m fine. Thank you. For taking care of me”, I said it carefully.

He only nodded in response. He then left me alone in the room. Silence filled the room.

 

Minho POV

I woke up at god knows what time is it. I barely slept at all last night. I opened my eyes and sees that she is staring at me. She seems to be studying my face. She didn’t even startle when she saw that I, too was staring at her. We stayed like that for a while. She looked better now. Her face seems to have some colour. Her face was so pale yesterday that I thought she was dead. I think her fever has died down. She was so restless last night and kept gasping for air. I went over to her bed and felt her forehead and I was right, her fever is gone.

“Are you okay ?”

“Hmm, I’m fine. Thank you. For taking care of me”, she said the words so softly that I’m afraid it might break. I just nodded not wanting to say anything more. I backed away and left the room.

 I entered Key’s living room and smelled fried eggs. It smelled so good. I don’t even remember the last time I ate a meal.

I sat down on one of the chairs and saw that Taemin was sleeping at the sofa. I owed it to him. He practically saved Sa Ran’s life yesterday. He must be exhausted from yesterday. He had to remove a bullet from Sa Ran’s chest. Sure, he had been studying medic. But just theoretically and I forced him to remove a freaking bullet.

Suddenly Key’s voice broke my trance.

“Are you going to tell me what happened yesterday? Or are you going to keep quiet?”

“Jinki’s in town.” I heard Key gasp. “He’s here to kill me and her. He’s the one that shot Sa Ran yesterday. He has improved. He was able to scratch my face. So I shot his arm and his leg. That’s what he gets for messing up my face. ”

“Onew’s back huh. That’s a surprise. So you shot him just to get revenge for messing your face. That’s so you. What’s with you and this girl? Are you going to finish her off or not? Or are you doing all of this for what I’m thinking you are. Did you fell for her, Minho? You made my little brother cut her up to save her life and you even stayed up all night to take care of her. What’s wrong with you dude?”

“ I honestly don’t know.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello again ! I'm really sorry for not updating this earlier :( 

So, I decided to start some action and the romance. I introduced Onew and Taemin in this chapter ! *YAY YAY*

I hope everyone will continue reading Shotguns and Bullets! (Please comment for any suggestions or what you think)