Chapter 10

Shotguns and Bullets

Chapter 10

“I think I’m falling. Falling hard.”

His face inches closer into mine. His hands softly touching the back of my head. I was lost in the heat wave of his touch. His eyes were burning into my eyes and suddenly I can feel his soft lips on mine.

I stopped thinking.

I pulled back to catch my breath and he rested his head onto my forehead. His hands held my hands in captive.  Suddenly, the door slides open. Two men in dark grey suits appeared whilst holding guns. Why, oh why did they have to come now.

Minho stands in front of me and pulled out his gun. The first guy puts his finger on the trigger and was ready to take a shot.

“Give us the girl and we’ll all be safe” he said it with such certainty.

“In your dreams.” As soon as Minho said it he smacked the first guy’s wrist and the gun thumps on the floor. The second guy quickly makes his move to punch Minho in the face but Minho slaps his striking arm and uses his knees to hit the guy’s chest. The man groaned in pain but quickly recovered and pulled me by the wrist away from Minho. He places a blade on my throat.

“That’s enough Choi. You don’t want to hurt this pretty girl don’t you?” he crooned in my ear.

He presses the blade closer to my throat. I looked at Minho and he gave me a look that I will never forget. The look on his eyes was so filled with emotions that I can’t seem to explain, so much care and warmth and worries. In that spur of moment, I thought I saw a flicker of love through his burning gaze.

He broke the gaze and moved as fast as the wind blows. He kicked the first guy and pulled his gun out of the guy’s grasp. Next thing he did was shoot the guy holding me captive in the knees. He faltered to the ground. I scrambled out of his arms as Minho swift grabbed me by the arms.

“Are you okay?”  he asks.

“I’m okay. Are you hurt Minho?”

“No, I’m fine. Let’s get out of here.” He swiftly grabbed my bags and pulled me out of the room. We walked really fast down the lane till we reached the emergency exit. The train was almost reaching the final stop. I looked behind us the men in suits were trailing behind us. They were catching up on us.

“Minho, they’re really close.”

“Yeah, I can see them. Listen, we are going to jump out of this train in 10 seconds okay.” He said it really fast. I was looking at the floor absorbing all of his words.

“Hey, look at me.” He tilted my chin so that I was looking at him straight in the eyes.

“You’re going to be alright, okay? I won’t let anything hurt you.” He softly touches my cheek.

“Ready?” The train was almost coming to a stop.

“Yeah, I’m ready.” He held my hand and he pressed the emergency button and the door opened. We jumped out and the door closes behind us. We both fell on the ground yet he still had his arms around me.

“Come on.” He gave me one of those million dollar smiles.

 

The Aston Martin drives off into the night leaving me much thought on why so many people are chasing after me. How am I supposed to live my life when so many people are trying to kill me.

I looked at Minho and he looked like he just came straight out of a runway. He broke the silence by asking me an unexpected question.

“Are you not afraid Kim Sa Ran?”

“Afraid of what exactly Choi Minho?”

He briefly looks at me and says “Me”.

I stopped and think about it for a while. Have I ever been terrified of him? Yes, he came to kill me. Yes, he came hunting me in the dead of the night. But he also saved my life. Twice.

 

Minho’s POV

“No.” Her voice clear as bell resonated through the Aston Martin.

“Why aren’t you afraid. I did told you that I’m here to assassinate you right?”

She looks at me steadily. “You don’t look like you are.”

I tighten my grip on the steering wheel.

Suddenly she speaks up. “Can I ask you a question now?” She sounded fearless.

I nodded in agreement. “Why did you say you were falling and why did you kiss me?”

 

Sa Ran’s Pov

Out of the blue he stopped the car by the side of the road and looked straight into me.

“I’m falling because of you and I kissed you because I can.”

And within a second his lips reached mine.

 

 

 

“Officer Kim, Miss Sekyung is awake.” Finally.

Kim Jonghyun walks calmly but only he can hear his heart thumping louder than the Hiroshima Nagasaki bomb. He softly slides the door open. His eyes caught Sekyung’s face the moment he opened the door. Sekyung smiled weakly at him. Jonghyun is frozen at his spot. Sekyung signalled him closer. He snapped out of his trance and made his way to Sekyung. She held her hand out for him.

Jonghyun held her hands and softly planted a kiss on her forehead.

“I thought I was going to lose you.” He held her hand tighter.

“But I’m still here aren’t I?” She answered him with a smile plastered on her face.

“Please wear your bulletproof jacket next time Shin Sekyung.” He says it with no hint of humour.

Sekyung only laughed and said “I was actually hoping to hear something else Jonghyun. Not something about bulletproof jacket.”

“Really? What do you want to hear Miss Sekyung?” He says it lightly.

“Indulge me Jonghyun. What do I want to hear?”

Her eyes searching in his. Looking for an answer to her question.

He placed his hands on the sides of her face and says it like a real man.

“I. Love. You. Shin. Sekyung.”

“That’s exactly what I have been dying, literally dying to hear Kim Jonghyun.”

The room is filled with air as soft as spring.

 

 

“Sir, we have failed to capture Miss Sa Ran.”

 

“Failed? Again? Don’t bother. I don’t need men like you. Get me Kwon Yuri.”

 

Author's note

Hi, I hope this chapter will be a really good chapter. I've filled it with romance and action. Love is in the air. Heeehe, I hope everyone likes it. Comments are love <3