Lost and Forgotten

The Lost Ballad (saga of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

 

All the boys rushed out of the apartment. She couldn’t have gotten that far! But then again, she was quite a fast runner. They split up to look for her.

Dae Sung looked for her at the park. Seung Ri went back to the hospital. TOP called Mir and the other bands to keep an eye for her as he searched for her all over the city. Tae Yang stayed back to look after the triplets.

TOP was getting frustrated. Where was that girl? He was very worried about his sister. Lia could do reckless things when she was upset. He hoped she’s okay.

Seung Ri felt immensely guilty. If he hadn’t taken her to the hospital, none of this would’ve happened. He blamed himself for Lia running away from them.

Dae Sung and Tae Yang were just worried about her. It was dangerous for a young, pretty girl like her to roam about the streets of Seoul, especially when it was getting late.

They all searched everywhere they could think of to look for her. But they couldn’t find her. They thought of all the possible places she could be but she was not there. And no one had seen her either. They even called TOP’s parents to ask if she was there but they said they haven’t seen her since the last time they took the kids down to visit them.

Where is that girl?

After the entire day of searching for her and calling for people, soon night fell and they all retreated back to the apartment, dejected that they couldn’t find her.

“Should we call the police, hyung?” Seung Ri asked TOP.

He shook his head. “Knowing Lia, she’s just hiding. She’s not lost. She just refused to come home and answer any of our calls. She’ll come back soon.”

“Are you sure?” Dae Sung said hesitantly. “I mean, it’s dark and you’ll never know what will happen to her.”

“For all we know, she might just be outside but hiding,” he replied. “Besides, she’s mature enough to know better. She’s just feeling sad. I don’t think we have to worry about her getting kidnapped.” But TOP was lying. He was dead worried about his sister. Even though she’s a grown woman, he will always consider her as his baby sister. She will always be the little girl he loves.

“I think we should call if a night,” he went on. “We’ll continue to find her tomorrow. I’m sure she’ll turn up soon.” He went back in his room, closing the door behind him.

Seung Ri sighed in frustration. He felt like TOP was giving up on everything so easily. He wanted to go out and continue searching for her. They shouldn’t leave her out like this, not when she’s so emotionally unstable now. It’s not right.

“Maknae, leave it,” Tae Yang said softly. He noticed his frustration.

He ran his fingers through his hair. “But we shouldn’t just —”

“Stop feeling guilty about her missing,” Dae Sung cut in. “We all know the reason why you so badly want to go look for her is not just because you care a lot about her. It’s because you feel guilty for taking her to the hospital. Yes, you shouldn’t have done that but what’s done is done. You can’t erase the past.”

“Since when did you become so smart?” he muttered under his breath.

Luckily for him, Dae Sung didn’t hear him and just trudged to his bedroom, leaving Tae Yang and Seung Ri in the living room.

“Maknae, get some sleep,” Tae Yang said. “We’ll find her tomorrow, all right? There’s nothing we can do now.”

Seung Ri sighed, knowing he’s right. “Okay but if anything bad happens to her, I’ll never forgive myself.”

 

If there was one place they didn’t search for Lia, it was at the beach. She looked up to see the hotel that stood over. She smiled softly. It was the same hotel in which she and Ji Yong made love for the first time. She closed her eyes as she remembered the night where the triplets were first conceived.

It was also the night where they broke up because Ji Yong cheated on her.

She looked up to the starry night, tears in her eyes. She played with her wedding ring on her finger. She smiled. Years ago, she would never have believed she would marry the boy she loves.

But she did.

And she was happy. At least God gave her a few years of happiness. Would it end now?

“Ji Oppa . . .” she murmured softly. She heard the waves crashing ashore and she took a step nearer until she was at knee-length in the sea.

The water was cold. Well, it was at night. So the water temperature would have dropped down. She shuddered but soon she got used to the coldness.

She went deeper until it was up until her neck. She started to shiver, but deeper she went until her whole head plunged into the cold darkness of freezing water.

 

The next morning, Big Bang continued to search for Lia. They tried different places as well but no luck. They called people who knew her, drove around the city, and asked people if they had seen Lia (using a picture of her) but they all said no.

Seriously, where could she be?

They decided to try searching the places they searched yesterday. Today they had more help: SHINee, BEAST, MLBAQ, Se7en, YG and a lot more people were driving around the city to look for her.

Tae Yang stayed home again to look after the triplets who kept asking for their mom. He stayed back just in case something comes up as well. He was feeling bored, but luckily the triplets kept him entertained.

Finally the phone rang around three in the afternoon. He quickly answered, hoping it was Lia who is calling.

“Yeobosaeyo?”

 

TOP and Seungho were searching around the streets of Seoul when TOP’s phone went off. He checked the caller ID. It Tae Yang who was calling him.

News, he thought as he answered the call. “What is it?”

“I’m on my way to the hospital.”

What?

“Hyung, I think you should come. . . .” Tae Yang sounded scared.

 

Lia woke up and looked around. There was something bothering her. It was the sun. The sun was shining radiantly in her eyes. With a start, she realized she was at the beach. She had spent the night at the beach.

She sat up, trying to remember what had happened the night before. She shook her head, placing a hand on her forehead. Oh yeah, she’d took a swim in the ocean but decided it was too cold so she swam back to the shore. She then crashed on the sand, exhausted from everything that happened.

Her clothes were dry due to the blazing, scorching hot sun. She stood up and dusted the sand off her clothes. Maybe she should go back home. That way she’d get cleaned up. She was sure the others would be worried about her. She didn’t mean to make them worried. She just needed to get away.

She checked her cell phone and saw that she had over a hundred missed calls from all she knew: SHINee, BEAST, MBLAQ, Se7en, the people of YG, 2NE1, her college friends and her work friends.

She winced.

She was in heaps of trouble.

Sighing, she checked her messages and saw she had over fifty messages too. Brilliant, just what she needs. She opened the newest one. It was from her brother:

 

Mei, he’s awake.

 

The boys of Big Bang all rushed to the hospital. The doctor and Tae Yang were in the room so Seung Ri, Dae Sung and TOP were all outside, waiting nervously.

“What did Bae say?” Dae Sung asked TOP. “You sounded pretty scared on the phone just now. Is everything all right?”

“He said there’s something wrong with Ji Yong,” he replied softly.

“What?”

He shrugged, sighing. “I don’t know.” He looked around. “Where are the triplets?”

“Oh, Dong Wook sunbae took them out,” Seung Ri replied. “Does Lia know yet?”

His hyung nodded. “I tried calling her but obviously she didn’t answer so I texted her. I hope she sees it,” he said quietly.

Dae Sung squeezed his shoulder. “I’m sure she did,” he replied.

The doctor came out and they stood up. Tae Yang came out not too long after, his face pale and white.

“What happened?” TOP demanded.

“Is everything all right?” Seung Ri asked nervously.

“Will hyung be okay?” Dae Sung added.

Tae Yang sat down, groaning.

The doctor bit his lip, unsure of what to say. “Well, it’s quite critical,” he began.

“Wae? What happened?” The three of them all looked back and forth between Tae Yang and the doctor.

“Would someone please just tell us what is wrong with him?” TOP snapped impatiently.

The doctor opened his mouth to tell them everything.

 

The four boys all entered the room quietly and hesitantly. Ji Yong was being tended by a nurse. The nurse looked up and smiled at them. “Oh, where is Lia?” she asked. “I would have thought she would be here.”

“She should be on her way,” Tae Yang said. He went up to Ji Yong. “How are you?”

“Tired,” he replied. He glanced curiously at the other four. “TOP hyung,” he said, nodding to TOP. “Dae Sung. And Seung Ri, the maknae. How . . . are you?” he asked hesitantly. He was not sure of what to ask.

“Oh, hyung,” Dae Sung burst into tears. He can’t believe what the doctor told him. Seung Ri, too, wanted to cry, but he held it back in.

Just then, Lia burst into the room. “Ji!” she cried. “How is he?”

Dae Sung stopped crying. “Lia, why are you covered in sand?”

She looked down. “Oh. I was at the beach.”

“The beach?” TOP said incredulously. “Of all the places, why didn’t we think of looking at the beach?” He smacked himself.

Tae Yang grabbed her before she could go to Ji Yong. “Lia, listen,” he tried.

But Lia pulled away and sat down on Ji Yong’s bed. “How are you?” she asked softly. “I’ve missed you. The kids missed you.” But then she frowned.

Something is wrong.

“Mei,” TOP said quietly.

But Lia did not look at him. Instead she turned to her husband with questioning eyes. “Ji Oppa, are you okay?” she asked tentatively. She was suddenly scared of what he was going to say. She felt all eyes on them.

Ji Yong looked at everyone and saw their pained expressions. He knew they pitied Lia. He turned back to the girl sitting in front of him and frowned. “I’m sorry,” he said and he really was sorry.

“But I don’t know who you are.”