Just Like Old Times

The Lost Ballad (saga of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

The leader of Big Bang, G-Dragon — or Kwon Ji Yong as he was known to close friends — woke up one bright and sunny morning and smiled when he saw a pretty face sleeping next to him. “Lia,” he murmured under his breath. He smiled hugely. He and Lia had been married for almost four years now with triplets living under their roof. He wrapped his arms around her body, pulling her close. He closed his eyes, still smiling when he felt her lips on his.

He opened his mouth to see her smiling at him. “Morning,” she greeted him.

He nuzzled her. “Good morning,” he said as she turned to face him. He kissed her softly, pressing her lithe body against his. His hand traveled down to her stomach. Suddenly he found her nightgown separating them and he tugged on it impatiently.

She giggled as she pulled away. “I’m glad you have a day off from work,” she said to him. “We haven’t been able to spend much time with one another in a long time.”

He pulled her back. “So why are we still wasting time, huh?” he asked with a cheeky smile. He wanted her so badly. He loved her so much, always had, ever since they met.

She was seventeen back then and he was twenty-two. Lia happened to be on a field trip when Big Bang bumped into her. She caught Ji Yong’s eyes, they went on a date, found out that TOP and Lia were siblings and they fell even more in love. Their love was unusual but even they had their share of ups-and-downs, breaking up and getting back together again.

Lia came to live with them when she was eighteen, thinking that she’d get to be with Ji Yong forever. But then again nothing goes according to plan. They broke up and then Seung Ri, the maknae of Big Bang, swept her off her feet. Ji Yong was heartbroken but he accepted it.

Then they found out Lia was pregnant. The boys didn’t know who the father was so they took a paternity test. TOP told them Seung Ri was the father so Ji Yong had no choice but to forget about Lia. He did and began dating a girl he met, Park Soo-Jin. He proposed to her and they were going to get married! But then a week before the wedding Lia found out that TOP lied — Ji Yong was the father. Everyone was confused but in the end at the wedding, Soo-Jin told Lia to marry Ji Yong and they have been happily married ever since.

She giggled as they kissed each other, his hands roaming all over her. She never felt safer than when she was with him. Suddenly she felt something was wrong and pulled away.

“What’s the matter?” he asked her, propping up on his elbow to face her.

She looked at the clock. It was nine in the morning. “Don’t you think the house is a little too quiet?” she asked.

He stared into her eyes and then the two of them scrambled up to their feet and rushed out of their room. Ji Yong ran to the boys’ bedroom while Lia hurried to Eunhye’s bedroom. Both rooms were empty. They ran around the place, calling their kids but there was no answer. The house was silent except for their shouts.

They met each other in the kitchen, their eyes filled with horror.

Where were their children?

Ji Yong saw Lia rushed into his arms and felt her whole body trembling. “Omo, this can’t be happening,” she kept repeating. She began to cry in his arms. “Where are they? Where are my babies?” she wailed.

“Lia, don’t panic,” Ji Yong said but he was just as worried.

“Why didn’t King — oh crap, King is over at the other apartment!” She began sobbing. “I am such a bad mother. How could I not have heard my babies when they were kidnapped?” She looked like she was about to hit herself but Ji Yong grabbed her hand.

“You’re not a bad mother,” he said firmly. “I’m sure there’s a logical explanation.”

She snatched her hands back. “What logical explanation?” she asked, tears pouring down her face. “My babies!”

Ji Yong didn’t like seeing his wife scared and upset like this. “I’ll call the police,” he said and reached out for the phone. But a piece of paper on the kitchen counter stopped him. He picked it up.

 

Ji, Lia,

I thought I’d stopped by and take the kids out the whole day, giving you two a day to spend for yourselves. I’ll return them by seven in the evening so Ji, spoil Lia plenty, arraso? Oh and don’t worry, I won’t spoil the kids too much. Have fun.

Se7en

 

“Uh, Lia?” he called to his sobbing wife. He handed the note to her.

She read it silently and Ji Yong began to get scared. When Lia was silent, it meant that a lot of things were rushing through her mind. At last when she finally looked up to him, she had a scary look on her face. “I am going to kill that Dong Wook-sshi!” she shouted and he flinched at her raised voice. “Babo! Scaring me like that! What was he thinking? He could have at least woke us up to tell us!”

Ji Yong burst out laughing.

She looked at him, fuming. “Why are you laughing? It’s not funny!”

“Sorry, sorry! I’m not laughing at you,” he chortled, clutching his sides. “Okay, yeah I am but I’m laughing at myself too.”

She frowned. “What do you mean?”

He shrugged, stifling a laugh. “Well, you gotta admit our face expressions were funny,” he replied.

A small smile crept upon her face and pretty soon they were doubled over with laughter. At least now they know that their children are in safe hands with Se7en.

“He’s gonna regret doing this,” Lia giggled. “The triplets are a handful.”

Ji Yong shrugged. “I guess he thought he’d just pay me back for making me work so hard yesterday,” he said. He smiled at his wife. “So, where were we?” He waggled his eyebrows at her and she laughed. He picked her up bridal-style and carried her back to their room. “Let’s continue, shall we?” he asked, laying her down on the bed and he got in next to her.

She smiled and nodded. “Sure.”

 

Ding dong!

“I’m coming!!” Dae Sung opened the front door and grinned when he saw Ji Yong and Lia at the door. “Omo! Annnnnyyyyeeeeoooonnggggg!” He hugged them in a tight squeeze.

“Can’t breathe,” Lia gasped.

“Let us go,” Ji Yong added through gritted teeth.

“Dae Sung, let them go or you’ll kill them!” Tae Yang scolded from the living room.

Dae Sung immediately let them go. “Mianhae. I’m just so happy to see you guys!” he said as he beamed at his favorite couple.

“Wae? Babo. You saw us yesterday,” Ji Yong grumbled as they walked inside the house. Lia could only shake her head in amusement. Dae Sung acted like such a big kid at times.

She wandered over to the kitchen where her brother TOP was making lunch. “Annyeonghaseyo,” she greeted him.

“Annyeong,” he gruffly greeted back at his sister. “Where’s the Three Terrors?” he asked, using his sister’s nickname for the triplets.

“Dong Wook-sshi took them out for the day,” she replied, making a face as she recalled the scare she and Ji Yong got in the morning earlier on. It was funny but she nearly had a heartattack.

“Oh. Grab a plate, I’m nearly done with the prawns,” her brother said and she took a bowl for him to put the curry.

“Mmm, it smells nice,” she remarked.

He smiled. “Of course. Anything I make is nice,” he shot back and she rolled her eyes. He put everything down and hugged his sister. “I hope you’ve been happy.”

Lia turned to look at Ji Yong who was now watching a football match with the others in the living room. She smiled and TOP saw the happiness in her eyes. “I’m more than happy,” she replied, turning back to her big brother. “I married the man I love. I have three incredible — yet very troublesome — kids, I go to college, I have friends, you guys are happy. I’m really, very happy.” She smiled at TOP. “So how are things with you and Soo-Jin Unnie?”

TOP blushed deeply at the mention of his girlfriend. “She’s really nice. I like her a lot. It’s cool that Ji Yong and Soo-Jin are fine with all that happened and are good friends despite it being a bad turnout at the end.”

“Oh come on,” Lia pouted, poking him on the sides with the end of a spoon. “You make it sound like I broke up their relationship.”

“Technically, you did,” he joked, moving to a side to avoid being jabbed again. “Eh, that is painful! Put it down!”

She giggled as she chased her brother. “No. Not until you tell me you’re happy.”

“Yah! How can I be happy when a crazy girl is chasing me around and place and threatening to poke me with a spoon?!”

They were causing such a huge racket in the kitchen that everyone turned to look at the sight of them. They all burst into laughter and watched them instead of helping out their friend.

“Yah! Help me out here!” TOP pleaded.

Dae Sung shook his head, laughing. “Nope. This is far more interesting than the game."

Tae Yang grinned. “I agree.”

Both Seung Ri and Ji Yong were too busy laughing to say anything.

After a long while Lia skidded to a halt in front of Ji Yong and grinned up to him. He smiled down at her and looked up to his hyung who was trying to catch his breath.

“I hate you,” he wheezed. TOP wasn’t the fittest person in the world.

“That’s probably the most exercise you ever get,” Lia shot back as they all sat down around the table to eat lunch.

He winced. “Yah, go and pick on me, why don’t you?” he muttered childishly.

“Choding,” Dae Sung remarked, digging into his food happily. He flicked Dae Sung on the forehead. “Ow!”

“Be grateful I didn’t take your plate away,” he snapped.

“Baby,” Dae Sung muttered. He was lucky TOP moved on to putting vegetables on Lia’s plate.

“Ugh, Oppa!” she groaned.

“I can’t believe it,” her brother grumbled. “After all these years you still need me to put veggies on your food. What a baby.”

“No one asked you to,” she mumbled.

“I’m sorry, Jun Mei, what was that?”

“Nothing.” She scowled darkly. She stabbed her veggies with her fork.

Ji Yong smothered a laugh as he bit onto his food. He exchanged smirks with Tae Yang and chuckled softly under his breath.

Nobody talked as they ate their food. Lia looked up around the place and smiled. This sight reminded her of how things were before all the drama — back when she would come over to Seoul for a visit, when she and Ji Yong were still dating. Back before she and Seung Ri fell in love, before she got pregnant.

She sort of missed those times.

“What’s up?” Ji Yong asked, noticing her little smiles. He peeled the skin off the prawns and gave it to her.

She smiled. “Thanks.” She laughed. “I was just thinking about how this feels like how it used to be before,” she explained.

TOP nodded. “Back when everything was normal.”

She shook her head. “Nah, even then things were never normal. Saner, I guess. But normal? Don’t think so.”

Seung Ri nodded, agreeing.

It really was just like old times.