Happy Ever After

The Lost Ballad (saga of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

 

The wedding day arrived. TOP was in his room, all jumpy and nervous. Finally, he was going to marry the girl he loves!

Seung Ri came inside the room and smiled when he saw the rapper fidgeting and pacing about in his room. “Hyung,” he called out. “Are you really that nervous?”

TOP turned to Seung Ri, his eyes wide with fear. “What if Soo-Jin suddenly gets cold feet?” he gasped. “What am I going to do? What if I end up being a bad husband to her? What if she changes her mind about me? I can’t bear to think —”

“Soo-Jin has known your ways for six years so don’t you think that she would know what you are like by now and loves you in spite of it all?” the maknae pointed out.

He nodded. “Good point. But I don’t know. What if —?”

“Hyung, you need to relax,” the maknae advised him. “Go lie down or something.”

“Do you think Mei will come for my wedding today, after what Ji Yong told us what happened between them the other day?” TOP asked worriedly, completely ignoring Seung Ri.

“Your sister knows better than to let her issues with her husband get in the way of her brother’s wedding day,” he replied. “Stop it. You need to smile.”

TOP grimaced.

Seung Ri sighed. “I was actually hoping for a much nicer one.”

“Oppa?”

They turned to see Lia standing by the door, looking absolutely stunning in an electric blue halter neck dress. Relief washed all over TOP’s face and Seung Ri smirked, knowing that she would appear.

Lia came over to them and helped her big brother with his tie. “Aigoo, someone is really nervous,” she chuckled nervously.

“I thought you wouldn’t come.”

She frowned. “Even I’m not that stupid to let my issues with my husband interfere with my brother’s wedding,” she replied. “Besides, are you sure you’re not getting cold feet?” she went on.

Seung Ri cracked up. “I told you so, hyung. I told you so.”

“Shut up. Leave.”

Shrugging, Seung Ri left the room, leaving the Choi siblings together in the room, one very nervous and the other one extremely calm.

“Deep breath, Oppa,” she advised him.

“Mei, what is going on between you and Ji Yong?” he asked.

She sighed. “Nothing.”

“Are you guys still together?”

“We’re not divorced, right?”

Are you getting a divorce?”

“No.”

“Do you still love him?”

Lia stared at her brother exasperatedly. “What is this, Twenty Question?” she snapped testily. “Look, you shouldn’t worry about this right now. You should, instead, worry about whether you’ll stumble on the aisle or do something incredibly stupid while you’re up there, about to marry Soo-Jin Unnie.”

TOP raised an eyebrow. “Thanks for the words of encouragement,” he replied.

“You’re welcome,” Lia replied with a straight face.

Dae Sung came in. “It’s time,” he said. Then he paused. “Oh, Lia, I didn’t expect to see you here. I thought you’d be there at the reception instead.”

Lia gave him a half-smile. “Someone has to calm this idiot down,” she explained, gesturing to her brother.

“I’m right here,” TOP replied evenly.

Dae Sung grinned. “Let’s go!”

TOP gulped while Lia led him to the car that took him closer to marrying the love of his life.

 

I do,” Soo-Jin said, smiling as she stared into her lover’s eyes.

The priest smiled. “I now pronounce you husband and wife.” He turned to TOP who was beaming like a mad man. “You may kiss the bride.”

TOP leaned in the same time Soo-Jin tiptoed. As their lips met, the audience all erupted into cheers. The other members of Big Bang, members of SHINee, BEAST and MBLAQ, along with Lia and the triplets were the loudest, happy for the couple.

During the wedding dinner later in the night at a hotel’s event hall, while everyone was wishing the newlywed couple blessings and congratulations, Lia wandered around the hall. She walked out to the balcony, the sounds of music and easy chatters fading into the lone background and was instead replaced by the sounds of joyous laughter coming from below her, in the garden. She looked down and smiled when she saw her three kids playing around together.

Seunghyun looked up and waved at his mom. His brother and sister did the same. She waved back. She’d missed them so much even though she’d kept in touch with them all through the time she was away.

“Hey.”

She turned to see Ji Yong standing by the entrance. She smiled sadly. “Hey,” she replied back.

“Can I join you?” he asked.

She nodded and he walked out toward her. They stared at their kids in silence. Finally Ji Yong turned to her the same time she turned to him. They locked eyes and soon Lia found herself kissing her husband.

Ji Yong was thrilled that she was kissing him back. He only hoped that she wouldn’t have second thoughts and push him away again like she had a couple of days before at the park.

Lia knew that there was no way she could stay away from him, especially now that he had regained memories of her again and it was confirmed he was still deeply in love with her almost as much as she was in love with him. And the kids.

They could be a family again.

“I love you,” she murmured between kisses. “I really love you.”

Ji Yong only held her tighter. “Lia, don’t leave me alone again,” he replied. “I’m so sorry for hurting you so much.”

She shook her head. “You couldn’t help it,” she replied forgivingly. “After all, you lost your memories because of that accident back at the practice room all those years ago. It’s all in the past now.”

They kissed again, this time more fervent and desperate than before as Ji Yong began to touch her bare shoulders, wishing he could just take it off and make love to her right there and then, not caring that there were people all around them.

When they broke apart, Lia had tears in her eyes. “Ji Oppa,” she whispered, “we can make this long-distance relationship work, right? When I go back to Kingsridge, we’d have to try our best to keep it going.”

Ji Yong kissed her. “Baby, you know that now that we’re so old, Big Bang is no more?” he told her.

She nodded.

“So, I was thinking, maybe it’s time we go our ways.”

She gasped, realizing what her husband was saying. “You mean you’d move with me to Kingsridge?” she cried out in disbelief and in shock.

He nodded. “At least until you graduate,” he replied. “The kids could get used to the different atmosphere, and at least that way we are all together.”

“But what about the other members?”

He shrugged. “We’ll still come back here once in a while to visit them. Besides, it’s a high time they all start finding their own lover and making a family,” he replied. “Big Bang will always be a family, but why can’t we make the family bigger?”

Lia grinned and kissed Ji Yong again. “Are you sure? I mean, do you think the kids would want to move? They’ve already got a life and friends here in Seoul. Would it be wrong to take them out from their comfort zone and into a different place?”

He nodded. “To be honest, you know I like to plan ahead. So I planned that when you come back, I’ll somehow win your heart back and then we’d all move up to Kingsridge. I’ve talked to our kids about it and they’re all up for the idea.”

Lia shook her head. “Baby, you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”

Ji Yong hugged her.

“Umma!” their kids burst out as they came out into the balcony. They threw their arms around their parents and sandwiched them into a big family hug.

Eunhye stepped back, blinking innocently, even at the age of ten. “When are we moving to America?”

Lia laughed and kissed her daughter on her forehead. “As soon as we finished packing our stuff,” she replied.

“Almost done,” Seunghyun replied. “Appa made us three days ago.”

Lia turned to Ji Yong who looked really sheepish. “But that was the day that you and I bumped into each other.”

He nodded. “I know. That was fate telling me that I needed to act before I’m too late. So I came home and told the kids to start packing because we were coming to live with you very soon and they all scattered about and began to pack.”

Lia shook her head. “Well, aren’t you a confident one,” she remarked proudly. “But what if I said no?”

Ji Yong smirked. “Baby, you’re too sweet to say no,” he replied.

“Yay!” Kwan Yong cried out with blissful happiness. “We’re going to live together again! Umma is back!”

“Well, about time.”

The family looked up to see TOP and Soo-Jin smiling at them. The new couple smiled as they saw Lia in Ji Yong’s arms while their kids were crowding around them.

TOP smiled at his sister. “Mei, be happy,” he told her. “Ji Yong planned really hard for this. He even already booked plane flights for all five of you.”

Lia choked on her own saliva and Ji Yong just grinned.

She shook her head. “My husband never fails to amaze me.”

“Of course,” her husband replied, giving a soft kiss on her lips. “Someone has to make sure that the spark in our relationship is still burning strong.” He had a twinkle in his eyes as TOP rolled his eyes.

“Come on,” he said, turning to Soo-Jin. “We should leave the happy family alone and go see who else we haven’t talked to yet.” With a wink, he left the Kwon family outside of the balcony.

Lia turned to Ji Yong and smiled, knowing just what the future was awaiting for them.

She did get her happy-ever-after after all.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apologize immensely for the EXTREME late update. I had no mood to continue and I didn't want to just say I was forgetting this fic. So here's the final chapter. It's not that great :/

Thanks for always surpporting Fate's Sweet Melodies series (:

If you're interested, please do check out my other fics. Comments and subscribers are loved (:

 

 

1. In Love with a Criminal (GD fic)

2. You and I (GD fic)

3. I'm Related to MBLAQ??? (MBLAQ)

4. I'm Engaged to a BEAST??? (MBLEAST)

5. The Heartbreaker's Game (Exo)