It's An Emergency!

The Lost Ballad (saga of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

Oppa, when are you going to propose to Soo-Jin Unnie?”

TOP choked on his drink and the others all stopped what they were doing to turn to him to hear his answer. They were at YG Building. Lia didn’t have any work or classes that day so she decided to bring the triplets to visit their hard-working uncle. It was during their break when she asked the question.

“What made you decide to ask me that, Mei?” he asked his little sister. He wiped his sweat off with his towel and put his bottle on the bench.

She shrugged. “I was just curious. I mean, I know you two love each other. And you have been dating for almost three years now. Oppa, I know you want to marry her.”

Tae Yang, Ji Yong, Dae Sung and Seung Ri all exchanged glances. Leave it to Lia to speak for all of them what was on their mind. If any of them had asked that question, TOP would have slaughtered them. But because it was his sister who asked, there was no way he would tell her to shut up.

“So?” Lia persisted, looking expectantly at her brother with her hands on her hips.

He looked hesitantly at Ji Yong, who held his hands up. “Hey, don’t look at me,” he said, shrugging. “I married Lia so I’m perfectly fine with you and her, man.” He grinned.

Dae Sung sat next to Lia as Seunghyun sat on his lap. “I was actually wondering that too, hyung,” he spoke up boldly. Now that Lia had asked, everyone was suddenly brave enough to speak up as well.

But of course, they weren’t going to bring it on themselves just of an in case TOP does tell them to shut up about it. “Kids, do you want to see TOP-sshi to marry Soo-Jin ajumma?” Seung Ri asked with a smile on his face.

All three kids perked up and their little fists in the air. “Neh!” they cried, nodding their little heads and everyone burst out into laughter. They were so adorable!

TOP blushed furiously.

“And what more,” Lia went on, “you know how you always joked about how I ruined the marriage? Put it this way: if I hadn’t, you and Soo-Jin Unnie would not be together now.”

“She has a point,” Tae Yang said.

“Agree, agree,” Ji Yong piped in, nodding his head as he put his arms around her.

“You should ask her,” Seung Ri encouraged him. “What have you got to lose?”

“The best thing that ever happened to me in my life, if she rejects me,” he replied. He gave Lia an apologetic look. “Well, second next best thing next to finding Mei.”

“But why would she reject you, hyung?” Ji Yong asked. “She loves you. I’m sure if you take Soo-Jin out on a romantic dinner one day, sway her with some soft music, she’ll be bound to say yes.” But he cracked up at the thought of TOP dancing.

TOP was charming and all, but if there’s one thing he isn’t very good at — it’s dancing. He was quite awkward at it and always give the “I’m a rapper, not a dancer” line. And he was usually the last one to get the dance steps right. The fact that he isn’t exactly the fittest person in the world didn’t really help the case.

Everyone else laughed and TOP pretended to be hurt but he didn’t mind. He knew they were just kidding around. He glanced over at the clock. It was nine-thirty in the night. Kwan Yong and Eunhye were starting to yawn.

“It’s getting late,” Ji Yong commented as he reached out to kiss Eunhye on the forehead. She yawned, which made him yawned. Soon Lia was yawning too.

“Well I’m hungry,” Dae Sung spoke up and there was a murmur of agreement.

“Who wants to grab a late supper?” Tae Yang suggested. “We can request for a private room and just carry the sleepy kids on our laps or something.”

“Sure,” everyone said.

But Lia shook her head. “I can’t,” she said flatly. “I’ve got classes tomorrow.”

Ji Yong’s face fell. “But it’s a Saturday,” he protested. “How can you have college classes on a Saturday?”

She smiled ruefully. “I’m sorry. I took extra curriculum this year,” she explained. “I have to get up at six-thirty and leave by seven-thirty.”

“Okay. Let’s go home.” Ji Yong started to get up.

“Wait, hyung, does this mean you’re not coming?” Seung Ri asked.

Lia looked at her husband. “You should go with them,” she said. “It’s been a while since you hung out with them. It’s fine. I’ll be okay. I have King with me.”

He hesitated. He wanted to go but he felt like he should stay back to look after his wife and his kids. “It’s okay. I’ll stay.”

But she shook her head adamantly. “Go, Ji Oppa, and have fun with them,” she said. “I’ll be fine. Really.” She kissed him.

“At least let me drive you home.”

She shrugged. “How else am I going to get back home?” she shot back with a smile.

They gathered their things and left the YG building. Ji Yong dropped Lia home before he went to Big Bang’s apartment. Then the five of them went out to grab a late supper.

By the time they went back home, it was late. Ji Yong entered a dark house. He went to check on his kids and found them sleeping in their beds with a peaceful expression on their faces. They were so cute. He kissed them on the forehead gently before going into his room. Lia was already fast asleep.

He smiled, watching her sleep for awhile. He then went to bathe, letting the cool water soak his body. After he bathed, he walked out of the room in his boxers. He got into bed and snuggled up to Lia.

“Mmm?” she mumbled, turning to him.

“Hey,” he said softly. “Sorry, did I wake you up?”

She smiled sleepily at him, wrapping her arms around his neck. He hugged her as he laid her back gently on the bed, kissing her on her neck. “You have to sleep,” he murmured to her. “It’s already two in the morning.”

She nodded unwillingly but didn’t let go of her grip. He didn’t mind. He held her as they fell asleep in one another’s arms.

 

The next morning Lia woke up early to find it was raining outside. She groaned. It was the perfect weather to sleep in. Instead she got out of bed and checked on her kids. They were all still asleep. So she decided to bathe. When she came out, wrapped in her towel, Ji Yong was awake.

He smiled at her. “Good morning.”

She walked over to him and kissed him. “Good morning,” she replied. “Did you have a good sleep?”

He nodded, taking her hand and holding it firmly. “I always have a good night sleep when you’re next to me,” he replied.

She pretended to puke. “Gah, so corny,” Lia laughed.

“But you like it,” he said lightly.

She giggled as she got dressed in a simple black tee and jeans. She packed her notebooks and pens in her backpack and slung it over her shoulder. “I’m going,” she said, coming over to kiss him. “Don’t forget to feed the kids their breakfast — and you too.”

“All right, all right,” he said. “You should go to your class already.” He got up and kissed her again. “I love you.”

She smiled, throwing her purple cardigan over her shoulders. “I love you.” She hugged him tightly around the waist.

He her hair, kissing her forehead. “Have fun.”

She beamed as she went out of the place, waving goodbye. A few seconds later she was gone. Since he was already up, he decided to make breakfast.

 

Lia entered her classroom and sat down. She was excited to be in her creative writing class. It was so much fun.

Her teacher walked in not long after saying, “Today, we are going to have creative writing. Please clear your table, leaving only a pen and maybe a liquid pen for in case.”

There was a loud clattering as everyone put their things away, leaving pens and liquid pen on the table as the teacher went around placing two line papers on each of their desks.

“What’s the topic, sir?” one student asked, raising his hand.

Their teacher smiled. “The topic I want you to write about is . . . anything.”

“Huh?”

He nodded. “I want you to write whatever creative stories you have in your heads. Let the imagination flow. Be creative.”

“Can it be factual?” a girl asked.

A few students sniggered as the teacher just raised an eyebrow. “I’m sorry but that would be under persuasive writing class,” he replied but in a kind voice. “This is a creative writing class.”

“So, you want us to write anything?”

“Yes, anything.”

“How long do we have?”

“The usual time: an hour and a half. So get writing! Chop, chop!”

Great ideas flashed before Lia’s mind like a whirlwind and she picked up her pen to write them all out on the paper they were given. One thing about having so many ideas is that you always have an idea of what to write but you don’t know which idea to choose from; they all sound great in your head!

Luckily she was done in an hour, passing the paper up to her teacher. She was one of the many few who finished earlier. There was still half an hour left so she spent the time just sitting back in her chair, relaxing. She thought about her kids and about Ji Yong. She thought about how she wished TOP would propose to Soo-Jin already. Those thoughts led to how she got new prank ideas she needed to share with Dae Sung to play on people. She just let her mind wander, playing with her pen.

Suddenly the school’s secretary came in the door and whispered something to her teacher’s ear. Her teacher nodded as the secretary left the room and sat up straight in his chair. “Uh, Miss Choi, could you come up here to my table for a while please?” he called out to her.

Lia got out of her seat and walked up to the teacher’s desk. “Yes, sir?” she asked.

“You may pack your bags and be excused for the rest of the day,” he said. “Your brother is here. He said there was an emergency and to pull you out of class early. Go, now.”

Puzzled, she did what she was told. What’s going on? Why is TOP here? Why is he pulling her out? It’s not because he wanted to spend time with her, is it? Because if it is that, she will kill him.

She hurried out to the entrance where her brother was waiting for her with a frown on his handsome face. Suddenly Lia found herself dreading the reason why he was here. It was not because he wanted to spend time with her, she was sure. Please don’t let it be the kids.

“Oppa, what’s wrong?”

He frowned. “It’s Ji Yong,” he told her. “He had an accident. He’s in the hospital now.”

Lia gasped, covering . “Omo! Is he okay? What happened?”

He shook his head and she was shocked to see tears. “Mei, we were practicing in the room when suddenly he slipped,” he said in a hoarse whisper. “He slipped, banging his head on the edge of the bench.”

She whimpered. But his next words took her completely by surprise.

“Mei, he’s in a coma. And the doctor isn’t sure when — or if — he’ll ever wake up.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehe I left a cliffy! :D

Anyway, I have to say I'M SORRY! For not updating that much. I've been really busy, with Christmas coming. And my parents sorta forced me to sign up for events to get myself some fresh air (although I think it's because they don't want me to sit in front of the computer all day long >,<)

And I'm also saying sorry because I won't be able to update again until maybe Wednesday or Thursday. See, I'm going for another event and I'll be going to Penang. Won't be back until Wednesday night. I say I might be back on Thursday because I'd probably be too tired to update on Wednesday night.

Sorry guys! I promise I'll make it up to you guys! I hope you'll wait for meee. :D

Love you guys and happy holidays! Sorry for the wait.