I Always Will

The Lost Ballad (saga of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

After lunch Ji Yong and Lia decided to go back to their apartment and rest. Lia cleaned the house while Ji Yong stayed in the room, writing new song ideas that came to his mind. Once Lia was done, she went in the room. She watched by the doorway as her husband bent over the table, busy writing, totally into what he was doing. She sauntered over to him and wrapped her arms around from behind.

“How’s it coming along?” she asked him.

“Mmm, it’s fine,” he replied. He looked up to her and kissed her. Then he pulled her into his lap, kissing her deeply. “I love you.”

She smiled, his cheeks tenderly. “I love you too.”

He chuckled. “You know, I always thought that I would be having a pregnant wife by now. Instead I have a lovely, beautiful wife and three . . . wonderful . . . kids.” He tickled her and she squealed.

“Ji Oppa!” she shrieked, pushing him away. Once she’d calmed down, she said, “Do you like what you have now?”

He nodded. “Of course,” he answered. “I love you, and the kids. You guys are my life. I don’t know what I’d do without you guys.”

“Good.” Lia had a sneaky smile. “Because it means you’re on bedtime stories duty tonight. Have fun!”

Ji Yong groaned and buried his head on her back. “No fair! That’s cheating. You know how hard it is to get Kwan Yong to sleep!”

She giggled. “Well, too bad. If you love him so much, you’d do it. If you love someone that much, you’re willing to do anything for them. And that includes reading bedtime stories to your lovely son even if it takes forever to get him to sleep.”

“You’re lucky I love you,” he said with a smile. He paused. “Baby, you love me, right?” he asked.

Lia just grimaced. “Sorry. I love you, but I don’t love you enough to help you out.”

“You’re mean!” He pouted and tickled her again, knowing her weak spots.

She jumped up from his lap but he pulled her. “I have to go to my assignments for my class,” she said. “I might as well use this quiet opportunity to do it. Who knows when I’ll be able to?”

He nodded, letting her go. “All right. I’ll be over here then.” He gestured to the papers on the table.

“I’ll be on the bed.” She went to lie down on the bed, turning her laptop on. She began to do her assignment.

After an hour or so, Ji Yong decided to have a break. He turned back to his wife and saw she was still typing away. He went over to her and lied down next to her. He watched her and studied her as she typed.

She was so engrossed in her assignment she didn’t notice him. He watched her as she had a look of amusement in her eyes. Sometimes she would bite her bottom lip; her fingers paused on top of the keys before typing again. Other times she would rest her head on her hands. Then she would perk up and begin again. One time she frowned, biting on her thumbnail. She looked so serious. He watched her scrunched up her nose, tilting her head. Then there was this one time when she placed her head on her hands, lying face-down. Ji Yong was worried and wondered if she was okay. Just when he was about to ask her if she was okay, her head flew up, her eyes bright with new ideas, and resumed doing the assignment.

He chuckled. Lia was so cute, so adorable.

Finally she noticed him. She turned to him and smiled. “Hello,” she said. “How long have you been here?”

He checked the time. “About half an hour or so,” he replied, still smiling.

“Eh, weren’t you bored?” she asked.

He shook his head. “It was quite amusing to watch you, actually,” he replied. “You were so cute!”

She blushed and he pulled her in for a kiss. She climbed on top of him and he hugged her close to him. She giggled, climbing off. “Ji, I really need to get this assignment done. Why don’t you go see what the others are up to?” she suggested.

“But I want to see my wife work!” he said.

She shook her head. “You’ll get tired of just watching me eventually. Go, have fun with the guys. I’ll come over when I’m done.”

He nodded reluctantly. He kissed her one more time before going out. “I’m just a floor away! Call me if you need anything! King will be with you!”

She giggled. “Yes, Sir!” she mocked saluted him and he grimaced. Seconds later the door closed shut and she turned back to her work. She sighed, shaking her head. “One more page to go, then I’m officially done,” she murmured to herself.

“First sign of madness,” someone spoke up, “talking to yourself.”

She jumped, looking up. “Omo! Mir Oppa!” she squealed. She got up and jumped on Mir, the maknae of the MBLAQ group. She met him a few years ago and they became really good friends. She hugged him tightly around his neck. “What are you doing here? I didn’t hear you come in!” She paused. “Wait, how did you even get in here?”

He laughed, hugging her back. “I came to see how you were doing. Your husband came out the same time I was about to knock on the door so he let me in.” He looked at the laptop. “You’re doing your schoolwork?”

“College assignment sounds much cooler,” she replied as she turned back to her work.

He laughed, lying down next to her. “Are you almost done?” he asked, poking me.

She swatted his hands away from her. “Aish, leave me alone!” she moaned, pushing him aside to the side. “Let me write my report. I only have one more paragraph and then I’m done with it.”

He chuckled and let her type away. When she was done, she saved and closed her laptop before turning to him with a big smile. “Okay. I’m done.”

He shook his head. “Where are the triplets? I don’t see them around.”

“Oh. Dong Wook-sshi took them out for the day,” she replied. “He thought he’d give me and Ji Oppa a day off from taking care of them. It’s his way of repaying kindness because Big Bang stayed back at YG until late because his concert is coming and they’re helping him to prepare.”

“Oh, I see. Did you and your husband have fun today, then?” Mir asked her with a cheeky smile.

She blushed.

“Wow, Lia,” someone said from the door and the two of them looked up, “I left the place an hour ago and when I came back, I found my wife in bed with another man.”

Mir chuckled. “Hi, hyung,” he said.

Lia beamed. “Ji Oppa!”

Ji Yong smiled, coming to them and sat on the edge of his bed. “The others were playing video games. I grew bored and decided to see how your report was coming alone,” he told her. He turned to Mir. “Hello. I hope you were kind enough to wait until she was down with her report before you disturbed her.”

“No, he poked me!” she pouted.

Mir grabbed a pillow and whacked her on the head with it. “You finished it in the end,” he shot back and she giggled, collapsing on his chest. He hugged her.

Ji Yong smiled when he saw the smile on Lia’s face. He wasn’t jealous when he saw the two of them sprawled over the bed. He knew Mir used to like Lia but because she was with him, he eventually got over her and now saw her as a little sister. Lia, being Lia and being as oblivious as ever, never knew and only saw him as a big brother.

Mir sat up, a fearful look on his face. “Omo, is that the time?” He gave a little cry. “Seungho hyung is gonna kill me if I’m late!” He gave Lia an apologetic look. “Mian, but I have to go for practice now.” He practically shot out of bed and ran for the door. “I’ll stop by soon!” And with that, he was gone.

Lia giggled as Ji Yong placed his arms on her shoulder. “I wonder what that was about,” she said.

He shrugged, leaning down to kiss her.

She closed her eyes, kissing him back. “Do you love me?”

“Of course. That is a silly question to ask.” He hugged her tightly, lying down on the bed. He touched her on the cheek and smiled at her. He chuckled softly when she blushed. “Why are you still shy whenever I look at you?”

She blushed deeply. “Because my husband is so hot,” she mumbled.

He kissed her. “You would think that after being with me for so long now, you’d gotten used to it.”

She shook her head. “I’ll never get used to the fact that I married my favorite idol. I mean, how many girls get to have that lucky chance to be in my place now?”

“Only one,” he replied, nuzzling her. “And I would say she’s very lucky that I love her so much.” He kissed her hungrily, touching her everywhere.

She kissed him back just as hungrily. Of all the years she’d been with him, Ji Yong always somehow managed to make her shy whenever he looked at her intently with his mesmerizing eyes and playful smirk.

“You know,” he murmured, his lips never once leaving hers, “whenever I look at you, my heart beat a little faster and I tell myself every day that I am so lucky that I get to marry such a wonderful girl as you. And that I must never do anything stupid to lose you.”

“Really?”

He nodded. “Really, really.”

“I don’t get it.” She frowned.

“What don’t you get?”

“Well, there are other girls out there who are way prettier than me.” When he opened his mouth to protest, Lia quickly placed her hand on his mouth and continued, “And I’m pretty sure that most of them are probably better than I am too.”

“I’ll tell you why,” he said before she could even ask her question because he already knew what her question is going to be. “It’s because I love you. I don’t need another girl when I have you. Your love is enough for me. It’s more than enough. Lia, I love you. Okay? I know having an idol as a husband is hard. I know you get worried whenever I go on tour. But honestly? Every time I look at a girl, every time I talk to a fan, I start comparing her to you and I always think that she cannot be compared to you. No girl has met your standard. You’re the only one for me, babe.” He kissed her again.

“Do you promise?” she murmured. “Am I really the one for you?”

“One hundred percent,” he replied firmly. “Even if I lose my memory, I’ll still be in love with you. I fall in love with you every single time I look at you and I’m falling in love with you again now.”

Lia smiled, butterflies in her stomach. He would never know how happy he made her when he said those words. She kissed him and hugged him. “I love you.”

“I love you, Lia. I always will.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, okay. I know.

This chapter is boring.

I'm sorrrryyyy! T.T

But you cannot rush straight into the turning point of a story! You have to read bits and bits first before it comes. That way it comes unexpected.

And I realized I pretty much gave away my writing style. Hahaha.

But don't worry.

The interesting things will start from the next chapter.

I PROMISE! :D

Feel free to comment and subscribe yea~ ^^