Chapter 9- The aftermath

It's all my fault

The lifeless Naeun was still in Chorong’s arms. Chorong’s eyes were swollen from cryng and heartbroken which could never be fixed.

Bomi and Eunji came back from meeting with Bomi’s parents. They open the door to the dorm and see Chorong hugging Naeun. The 2 girls thought nothing was wrong and just greeted them happily.

Bomi: Unnie! We’re back!!

When they don’t get a reply they head closer to Chorong carefully.

Eunji: Chorong unnie? Naeunah?

Chorong starts crying again from the sound of Naeun’s name.

Bomi and eunji start to get worried.

Eunji: Unnie. What’s wrong? Puts hand on Chorong’s back.

Chorong whimpers: S-she’s gone….

Bomi: Unnie what are you talking about? What do you mean she’s gone?

Chorong: Naeunnie is dead! She’s dead because of me!!

Bomi and Eunji take in the news.

Eunji collapses onto the floor tearing up . Bomi stands tears forming in her eyes. Not knowing what to do.

Just at that moment Namjoo and Hayoungie comes in.

Hayoung: unnies. We’re home! And I bought dakbal!!

When they don’t get a response.

Namjoo sees everyone crying: Unnies?

Bomi turns slowly to face the two maknaes…

Bomi: Naeunnie… is gone…

Hayoung drops the dakbal in her hands and freezes on the spot. Namjoo fumbles to pull out her phone.

Namjoo: H-hello? Oppa?

Manager: Is there something wrong Namjooyah?

Namjoo: N-naeun unnie… I-is g-gone…

Manager: WHAT!! O-okay. I’ll be right there.

Namjoo gets off the phone and heads over to the unnies. She goes to Chorong and Naeun.

Namjoo tries to speak calmly but can’t stop the shaking in her voice.

Namjoo: Chorong unnie? You have to let go of her…

Chorong is still crying.

Namjoo pulling Chorong away: Come on unnie…

Chorong resists. Bomi comes back to reality and helps Namjoo.

Bomi now crying too: Please unnie you have to let go. Chorong was forcefully rejecting.

Bomi and Namjoo finally manage to get Chorong off naeun. Chorong falls into Namjoo’s arms and cries. She cries all her tears out until there are no more tears left. Namjoo comforts the oldest while crying herself. Chorong’s cries turn into a form of hysteria she was screaming wailing because she lost the love of her life, half her heart and it was all her fault.

Hayoung was still frozen in front of the door. She quietly opened the door and ran up to the roof top of the building.

Hayoung screamed: WHY?!!!

Finally tears came out of the maknae’s eyes. Hayoung practically melted onto the concrete floor and cried. The 93 liners were no different they were hugging each other and just crying, not saying a thing.

Because they all lost a sister, Hayoung’s best friend, Chorong’s love, Apink’s one and only centre of the group, Son Naeun.

The manager had finally come with the ambulance even though it was no use anymore. The doctors wheeled Naeun onto the ambulance and took her to the hospital where she would be officially pronounced dead.