Chances.Imprints.Chemistry

Just the Girl

 

Chapter 10:

*Donghae’s POV*

“What if the guy was you?” Ye Eun stares at me. “I’m confused. First you told me earlier than you like me then you take it back. The next minute you told me that you have a crush on me, the other minute you take it back..AGAIN! Now you’re asking me if you have a chance?”

Okay, she’s really cute whenever she does that. I mean, her expression: confused, eyes-crossed, pouting lips, and a look saying ‘I’m-a-complete-egghead-of-not-understanding-your-alien-language.’ Oh Gosh! From all the girls in the world, why on earth does it have to be my very best friend?

“I’m asking you what if the guy was me. Do I have a chance?” I asked again. I feel like I’m a jerk asking such silly question.

“I don’t know.” Ye Eun answered and start to walk again. I immediately follow.

“YAH! It’s a simple yes-or-no question!” I said and hope she’ll answer for real this time.

“I don’t want to be part of your dumb cheering squad.” She answered shortly.

“Cheering Squad?” I asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Those girls in school that fantasized about you.” She starts to say. “They see you as the boy-next-door-wannabe and I don’t understand why.”

“What fact don’t you understand? The fact that I’m y, free and single or I’m every girl’s dream guy?” I said, posing like a hunk model of a designer’s clothes, seeing myself like I’m in a fantasy land where every girl is screaming for my name.

“The fact why a total weirdo like you are being dreamt by those poor bastards.” She said, breaking my imagination.

“A cute face like this? You’re calling this a face of a weirdo?” I said sarcastically.

“What else?” She said and laugh.

“YAH! Just answer the question!” I said, pissed on her joke.

“You’re not my type. Screw that question!” She said, look at me and smile. Ouch! That hurts. That answer quite crushed my heart.

“Really? With no further deliberation?” I asked, sound offended.

“Like I said, I don’t want to be part of your cheering squad, or a stupid fansclub.” She answered back. I kneel in the sidewalk, look at the sky and open my arms. “ALLELUJIAH!”

“YAH! Would you stand up and stop such nonsense?!” Ye Eun yelled at me and pull me up. “What was that all about?”

“Thanking the heaven that my best friend is not one of my stalkers.” I said laughing and pitched her on the cheeks.

“You know what? You’re sooo confusing! I don’t know if I would have to believe on what you just told me earlier.” Ye Eun complains to me.

“Which part?” Iasked, dumb move.

“ALL OF IT!” She shouts at me and walk away.

“YAH! WAIT UP!”

 

I hold her wrist when I caught her and turn her, ballroom style, towards me.

“I said ‘WHAT IF’, I didn’t actually said that I like you.” I said, chuckling. “Unless…”

“Unless what?” She asked with a panic voice.

“You like me, don’t you?” I said, leaning my face to her. I could feel she trembles. She bend backwards, but I caught her. Now our face were really so close to each other, like were almost gonna kiss. Closer now, then.. “AAAAH!” She stepped on my foot.

“ERT! YAH! What the heck was that?!?” She said and suddenly standing in front of me.

“WHAT? I was just asking if you really like me, then you stomp on my foot!” I yelled in agony. My foot really hurts.

“It’s your fault to get much closer to my face!” She yelled, stomp my foot and start to walk again.

 

I dropped Ye Eun at their house, which is just 2 houses away from ours. She told me to go inside but I refuse to enter since my mom is already expecting me to be home before my curfew. After my mom found out from Leeteuk-hyung about the rumble I’m involved at school and coming home with bruises the other night, she started to put a curfew. She even plan to take away my phone and laptop but I’m glad she didn’t.

When I got home, I immediately greet my parents and rushed to my room. I instantly turn on my computer and put my bag on the floor and change. When I sit on my computer chair, the picture of me, Kibum and Ye Eun flashed on the PC monitor. The picture was taken way back in Junior High during our fieldtrip.

“You know what? You’re sooo confusing! I don’t know if I would have to believe on what you just told me earlier.”

“Could it be possible if she like me as how I like her?” I asked myself, reminiscing what she told me earlier I keep on staring at the monitor. “From all the girls, why it has to be you?” I asked myself again.

“He’s imprinted alright.” Someone mention from my back. I quickly shifted my chair to face whoever is a at my back and found my brother and sister.

“How did the two of you get here?” I asked at Jonghyun and Amber. Jonghyun sitting on my bed, while Amber is standing in front of me.

“The door. Duh?” Amber sarcastically answered, pointing the door.

“it was open and looks inviting, so we went in.” Jonghyun said and plays with my nemo plushy. “Mom said to call you for dinner.”

“You are madly and crazily in love with unnie are you?” Amber said, smiling at me.

“No I’m not.” I defended back.

“You’re so obvious. You don’t have to hide it.” Jonghyun smirk and saying what I’ve said ealier. “From all the girls, why it has to be you?”

“It’s not her alright.”

“Then who? Or what? The monitor? Who’s dumb to confess himself to a PC monitor?”? Amber said and laugh. “It’s too obvious Oppa! You’re like a werewolf; you got imprinted on someone that happens to be your best friend since nursery.”

“Imprinted? What kind of word is imprinted?” I asked, curious as if hearing some alien word that my sister always says.

“You’re so slow. That’s what happened to Jacob upon seeing Renesmee in the fourth book of Twilight Saga.” Amber explain and open my computer. “The one who sees the other person as if holding his world, without the other, his life is meaningless. That’s how you are to Ye Eun-unnie.”

“Why are you taking so long? Dinner’s at the table!” My mom yelled from the kitchen and my siblings rushed to the table for dinner. Before I went out, I stare at Ye Eun’s face from the monitor. Am I really imprinted to her? “Amber has a point.”

 

During dinner, I asked permission that I would go to Ye Eun’s later.

“Why do you need to go there at this time?” My mom asked me while eating her food.

“I’ll be helping her on Chemistry.” I calmly said and continue to eat my food.

“You’ll be teaching her Chemistry?” My mom and dad, Jonghyun and Amber stare at me in disbelief.

“What?” I asked as if I said something wrong.

“Did we hear it right? You’ll gonna help your class’ future valedictorian in chemistry?” My dad clarify and then I nod.

“YAH DONGHAE! Don’t make lame excuses for you to go out and be beaten by some crazy people again!” my mom said to me, not believing on what I said.

“YAH! Why are all of you like that? Do you really think I’m fooling around?” I asked them and they’re all nod. “Well, I’m sorry to disappoint you people, but I’m dead serious here!”

Just before my mom would about to say something, the doorbell ring. Jonghyun went out to see who it was while we continue to eat as my mom keeps on blabbing unbelievable words to me. Jonghyun came back with Ye Eun in the dining room with a book and some notes.

 

“Annyong Hashimnikka!” Ye Eun greet us from the living room.  All of my family members look at Ye Eun then to me, and then back at Ye Eun.

“Ye Eun, you sit beside Donghae. Join us for dinner.” My mom suddenly stands up and ushered Ye Eun to sit beside me.

“No need Umma. I just had my dinner.” Ye Eun said, but my mom insisted.

“What brings you here?” My dad asked Ye Eun, whose still holding her notes.

“Donghae agreed that he’ll help me on Chemistry.” Ye Eun replied and earning disbelief reactions from my parents and siblings. “Hehehe. Weird isn’t it? Donghae don’t really pay attention in class but he’s the topnotcher when it comes to science.” All of them got choke on the food they eat, serves them right. HAHAHAHAH!

I dropped my chopsticks on the table as I finish my food and excuse ourselves. I pulled Ye Eun from the dining room and we went to my room.

“You’re just in time.” I said in relief as we entered my room. “Mom won’t allow me to go out from the house. They think I’m making excuses.”

“I thought that this would happen. I told oppa that I’ll rather be the one to go here as long as you drop me home after.” Ye Eun told me as she put her things in bed. “Now, can we get started?”

 

____________________________________________

UPDATED! Sorry for the long wait you .. :(

as well as for the lame update.. I'm realt sleepy already..HAHAHAHA!

I'll be updating soon!

 

Subscribe and Comment!

<3 baboiefrelin