A fresh start..

Just the Girl

 

*Ye Eun’s POV*

“Ye Eun, wake up!" Heechul-oppa said as she tries to wake me up.

“What? Can’t you see I’m still sleeping?" I groaned as I curl myself back in bed,

“YAH! It’s almost 7:30 am! You’ll be late for school if you won’t get yourself out from your bed!" Heechul-oppa said as he pulls my blanket away from me.

“Will you keep quiet? I’m sleeping!" I shout from my pillow, trying to retrieve my blanket.

“Park Ye Eun!" He muttered and bugs me until I got totally disturbed. I forced myself to get up from my bed and walk towards the bathroom.

“Alright! Alright! I’m awake now!" I said as I marched to the bathroom

 

I really hate waking up early in the morning, especially if its weekdays. My big brothers and sister always does that! I mean, waking me up as early as six in the morning! I need to be and have to be early because if not, I’ll be punished by our school disciplinarian who happens to be my eldest brother: Leeteuk-oppa. Sigh.

 

“There’s my baby girl!" My dad happily said as I came down from the stairs. “Good morning!" I greet them back.

“Finally!" Leeteuk-oppa said in relief as he take a sip from his coffee.

“Where’s Unnie?” I asked them as I take my seat.

“She just went out.” Leeteuk-oppa answered. “Today is Yuri’s presentation. She needs to be early.”

“Where’s Heechul-oppa?” I asked as I take a bit on my food. “He woke me up this morning.”

“At his room, sleeping. He just got home from work.” Leeteuk-oppa answered me again.

“Anyhow, hurry up eating if you don’t want me to be late.” Dad said to me as he read the newspaper.

 

I eat fast and it only takes four spoonfuls for me to finish my whole plate. I kiss my dad and heechul-oppa on their cheeks and rush outside to catch up with Leeteuk-oppa. As I came out, Kibum’s already there, talking to my brother.

“Good Morning Ye Eun!” Kibum greets me as I went towards them.

“Hi Kibum! Good Morning!” I greet back. “Where’s Donghae?” I asked him. I haven’t seen the weirdo yet.

“He’s coming late, as always.” He smiled at me. Oh yeah, the weirdo’s always late.

______________________________

 

A little intro to my friends:

Kibum and Donghae are my two bestfriends since Nursery. We went to the same school together, live in the same neighborhood and share almost anything.

Kim Kibum is the quiet type. He’s a true gentleman and probably the sweetest person I ever met. He doesn’t only have the looks but the brain as well.  He’s not boastful and considered in school as the chickmagnet, plus a student body officer.

 

Lee Donghae is a lot different from kibum. He’s the laziest person on the planet! He loves to fool around, sleeps in class and a troublemaker. Well, it’s not all the time that he starts the fights, but sometimes it’s me or because of me. A very thrifty person, he keeps praising me and Kibum just for us to treat him. He keeps stealing my lunch, my assignments and other stuff. What a total moron! But still, he’s my savior whenever I get trouble. I can’t believe that I’ll be admitting this, but he’s considered as the “boy-next-door” not just in class, but by the entire school. He also has the ‘brains’, I can’t forget that. I mean, who would believe that despite of being lazy and all that, he A’s Chemistry in just a snap?

____________________________

 

Few minutes after I got out from the house, Donghae came not yet fully dressed. We climbed into Oppa’s car and went off to school.

 

“Eun, are you done with your math assignment?” Donghae asked me as we walked through the hallway.

“Yep!” I replied proudly.

“Great! Give it to me so that I could copy. Donghae said with confidence and present his hand infront of me. As expected.

“No.” I replied and open my locker.

“Why not?” Donghae asked from my back. “C’mon, its just for the last two items. Don’t tell me you’re scared if Hyung would found out?”

“Quite.” I said as I put some things inside my locker. “Why not copy at Kibum’s?

“Those were the items he can’t solve either. Right Kibum?” Donghae said as he shot a glance at Kibum.

“What? Oh yeah.” Kibum suddenly agrees on Donghae. “C’mon Eun, you’re the math wizard.”

“Yeah, please Eun? It’s not like we’re not friends for like forever!” Donghae started to say. “We promise to each other that whatever happened, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, we’ll gonna stay strong and help each other.” He told me as he pat my back. Okay, now I know where would this leads.

 

Just as  expected, Donghae narrates everything that he done to me starting from the day he helped me after I tripped in kindergarten, when he took me out from the manhole in third grade, he fixed my bike in fifth grade, sends me to the hospital and the tree incident when we were in junior high.

“See? I’ve done a lot of things for you already and just for copying two items on your math assignment you won’t allow me?” Donghae tried to reason out. “In fact you should thank me!”

“Ahem, Mr.Lee Donghae,if you must forgot, none of those things would happened if it wasn’t for your war freak behavior!” I said sarcastically and start to put track on those incidents. “First, if you didn’t try pushing me out from the swing, I won’t get tripped. Second, if you didn’t throw unnie’s kitten from the manhole, I won’t go after it and get stuck! Third, If it weren’t for your lousy experiment n putting nails on the sidewalk, my bike won’t get flat! Fourth, if you didn’t push me into a 8feet-high swimming pool, I won’t get drowned! And lastly, if you didn’t pull the branch of the tree just to get even with Thunder, I won’t get sprained!” I said sarcastically, almost screaming infront of him. “None of those things happened if you weren’t stupid!” I pointed out and bang my locker door. I started to walk away.

“Okay, so it’s quite my fault too, but you’re still in one-piece right?” Donghae said as he and Kibum catch up on me. I shot an eye on him.  He put his arm on my shoulder and try to speak again.

“How about this..” Donghae starts to say.

“What that? Another ‘lets-make-a-deal-I’m-sure-you’ll-like-it’ proposal?” Kibum said and laugh.

“The last time I check, I didn’t like the outcome of what you proposed last time.” I said remembering how we damaged Heechul-oppa’s motorcycle. No, no. I’m not doing it.

“Chill dude. This is way too cool than the last time and I’m sure you’ll like it.” Donghae said, trying to persuade me.

I stop and look at him. “Better be or I’ll rip you alive.” I said in a deadly tone. “Now, speak.”

“If you let me copy your assignment, Kibum and I will help you to make a move on Yoona.” Donghae offered.

“WHAT? Why am I included?” Kibum said in shock, like stabbed in the back.

“I can’t believe .. Oh my Gosh!” I uttered in unbelievable manner. “What the hell? How come Yoona’s included in this? What the heck got into you brain?!”

“What? Eun, we know it. You’re one of the boys and we’re your BESTFRIENDS. We totally understand.” Donghae said to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

“Understand on what?” I said in shock.

“You’re in love with Yoona for years already.” Donghae said to me..