Busted

Just the Girl

 

“Do I really need to do this?” I asked as I look at the bouquet of flowers in my hands.

“You want a help or not?” Ye Eun asked me. I nod. “Then yes, you have to do this.”

“With all of these paraphernalia?  I’m asking for an apology, not make the gym a place for sweet sixteen or something.” I said while looking at the whole surrounding.

 

Donghae and Ye Eun, with Leeteuk-hyung’s permission, decided to reserve the school gym and fill it with all the decorations, balloons and paper strips. In the center of the basketball court placed a mini gazebo made of balloons. Very cheezy right? Well, it was quite my idea to make it like this anyways.

“This is what you called a ‘grand gesture’. Girls love this kind of things, well, as how we seen on tv and some girls.” Ye Eun said, satisfied on what she and Donghae have done to the gy.

“When did you get so interested on a girl’s likes and dislikes? I thought you’re one of us?” Donghae .

“It’s still looks more of a proposal to be someone’s wife or sweet sixteen rather than a peace offering.” I said to them.

“Well, who’s idea was it?” Ye Eun asked and of course I said it was my idea. “Now, just shut up or I’ll blow these away.” Ye Eun replied, pissed.

“What time will she be here?” I asked, looking on my watch.

“She’s supposed to be here around this very minute.” Just before Ye Eun finish talking, here phone beep and get it. She read the text message and looks at us. “She’s here. You, prepare yourself. You (referring to Donghae) try to do anything stupid, I’ll swear to tear you apart.”

 

Minutes later, Yoona came in with Ye Eun. She got stunned on the decorations and over-all appearance of the gym then looks at me. I can’t help but flash a big smile to her as she walks towards me. As she’s already infront of me, I immediately give her the flowers.

“What’s going on?” Yoona asks as he looks at me and the flowers and the whole gym again.

“I want to apologize to you after what happened and every time I try to apologize, you keep on avoiding me. And this, well, this is to show you how sincere I am.” I said and rub my neck. I could feel myself blushing. I look at her, she’s blushing also! Aaawww! How cute!

“And you did all of these to show your sincerity?” Yoona said in awe expression. I shyly nod and smile at him.

“Well, Ye Eun and Donghae did all of this but it was my idea. I help them decorate the place too.” I said as I keep on smiling.

“I’m stunned. By the effort that you did today and the days you spent just to talk to me, I forgive you Kim Kibum.” Yoona said with a smile and I grin widely.

“Th..Thank You.” I hugged her happily. “Ah, Yoona, there’s still one more thing I want you to answer.”

“What is it?”

 

*Ye Eun’s POV*

“I think I’m watching a drama.” I said as we look at Kibum and Yoona from the lower bleachers where we currently sit.

“I see happiness in them.” Donghae said as he, too, look at them. We were just looking on what’s happening to the two and suddenly Kibum hugs Yoona. “Looks like they’re okay then.” Donghae said and was about to stand up when I grab his wrist to sit down.

“Wait! There’s something going on.” I said as I pull Donghae to sit back beside me. With my own eyes, Kibum suddenly kneel in one leg and look at Yoona closely. Yoona, at first look shocked on what Kibum is doing then covers then nod. “Is it just me or..”

“I knew something like this will happen.” Donghae said as he chuckles.

“Something like what?” I asked in confusing as I look at Donghae.

“Well, Kibum has a crush on Yoona since 4th grade.” Donghae said in a-matter-of-factly tone.

“4th grade? He didn’t mention anything like that to me.” I said as I look at the new couple. “When did he told you?”

“On the 4th grade? Duh? Don’t tell me you forgot.” Donghae said sarcastically. “He said it during Valentines day. When we had our poster making contest. Yoona was the representative of our class while you were in your class.”

“He was talking about Yoona back then?” I asked and he just nods. So does that means he was admiring Yoona’s work saying it was pretty and solemn and al those jazz? I thought it was my drawing he was talking about.

“Yah! Wait a minute… You have a crush on Kibum-sshi?” Donghae said as he looks at me all of the sudden. I look at him and wave my hand. This is a good love triangle!”

“Yah! Don’t think stupid like that you fish!” I said and smack his head. He looks at me and gives me an evil smile. “shut up if you don’t want to have your arms break.” I threaten him. I don’t want ANY ONE  to know that I have a crush on Kibum.

“You’re soooo defensive!” He said and stuck his tongue out. “I’ll tell Kibum!”

Donghae said and stands again and went running towards them. I was just simply sitting at the bleachers while looking at them. I feel hurt, I just can’t believe that my long time crush proposed to her crush already and now they became a couple. I know it’s weird since I didn’t show any efforts just to show that I’m head over heels with my best friend. But seriously, I AM HEAD OVER HEELS ON KIBUM! I’m jealous right now and I can’t do anything about it anymore. I look at them from afar, they were happy. Kibum keep on screaming like hell, Yoona simply laughs at Kibum’s yelling and Donghae is like a stupid baboon who just won a lottery out of nowhere. With that, I stand up and went to them.

I ran towards Donghae as I see him about to say something at Kibum with an evil eye smile in his eyes as he looks to me. Oh  hell no! He won’t do that! I ran to him and he rans away from me.  He was shouting at Kibum while I keep on running towards him until I caught him.

“Gotcha!” I smirk and pull him towards me and we stumble in the floor from what I did. I almost hit my head on the floor when Donghae put his hand under my head to keep me from hitting my head in the floor. I got smash because he was on top of me. Sudden;y, as if the world came into a stop. I was looking at Donghae, he’s looking at me. Our eyes met and I could feel that something weird is going on inside me as we keep on staring at each other. Suddenly, the staring ended when we landed on the floor.

“Ouch!” I yell silently as my head bump into the floor. Obviously, Donghae fail to catch me after all.

“Are you two alright?” Yoona and Kibum run towards us and help as stand up.

“Neh.” I said and rub my head. My head freaking hurt alright? “Dude, you’re sooo heavy!”

“You were the one who pulled me. It’s your fault.” He said and shake his hand that he used to pull my head. “Are you okay Eun?”

“Neh,” I replied shortly and look at Yoona and Kibum. “I assume you want to say something to us?”

“Well, She’s my girlfriend already!” He said with a grin on his face. Upon hearing this, I feel a stab in the heart.

“Wow. Congratulations!” I said, smiling at them. “I’m happy for you two!”

“No you’re not!” Donghae in and I give him an evil glare. “Hehehe.. I’m just joking.. She’s really happy to see you together.”

________________________________________________

“Hey! Don’t be down in the dumps. It’s not the end of the world.” Donghae said, teasing me as we walk our way home. Of course, Kibum’s not here since he need to drop his ‘girlfriend’ at her house. I just sigh as we keep on walking. “Someone’s jelly!” He sang as he walks beside.

“An how sure are you? I don’t have a crush on the guy.” I said as I look sarcastically to him.

“Yeah, right! Say that to the birds if you see one!” Donghae said as he continue to tease me.

“Again, I don’t have a…” I was about to continue to finish my sentence when I look at him. “Am I too obvious?”

“Quite.” Donghae answered shortly and starts to walk again. I immediately follow. “Don’t worry to much, he’s not the only guy in the world that fits on your standard. That’s if you have one.” He said, laughing at his own joke.

“Seriously, are you trying to make a joke? Believe me, its not funny.” I said and sigh. “FYI: I do have my standards.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Well, why not liking guys who likes you?” Donghae asked me out of the blue. Yeah, I know were talking but the question is out of the blue.

“Like who?” I said as I play along with the bricks piled up on the sidewalk while Donghae holds my hand so I won’t fall. “I barely don’t know anyone.”

“Why not like me?”

____________________________________________

I suddenly stop and look at Donghae whose just beside me. “Donhae, did you just told me you like me?”

“Yeah. I like you.” He answered and continued, “As a friend, of course! What I’m trying to say it that, what if there’s a guy, some guy.. Let’s say for example the guy is me who likes you and has a crush on you…”

“You have a crush on me?” I asked, cutting him on mid-sentence.

“I said FOR EXAMPLE.” Donghae corrected and shrugged. “what I mean is, what if there’s a guy who really likes you and has a huge crush on you. Do he have a chance?”

“I don’t know.” I said as I continue to play at the bricks. “That depends if I also like the guy or if he has qualities I like.”

“What if the guy was me?”