Test

Black Umbrella

“Hyung? Am I handsome?” I look at the small boy before ruffling his hair.

“Of course you are” I answered with a smile.

“But hyung is much more handsome! One day, when I grow up, I want to be just like you!” he said giving me a goofy smile, a cute one.

“You will be” I caress his hair until he fell asleep, I let out a slow sigh before standing up, leaving the small boy’s bedroom. I took one last peek at the boy’s fragile figure before a curve formed on my lips.

 

 

 

 

But I’m not smiling.

~*~

The first thing that meets Jinhwan’s eyes as he stepped in the photography club is Hanbin’s mad stare. Then, he saw the number of students who he assumed volunteered sitting at their meeting table. Somehow, his eyes are focused on someone on the table. They locked gaze and Jinhwan quickly recognize the person. She’s the girl that had been rejected by the cold Koo Junhoe yesterday. He quickly look away to meet Jiwon’s eyes who is also saying 'I’m mad' while standing near to Hanbin. And then, there’s the others who are just being them, being pitiful. Yunhyeong is sitting at the end of the table, writing reports maybe. Donghyuk on the other hand just stands behind his senior, unsure what to do while Chanwoo is standing behind one of the participants, probably his best friend with a clueless face.

“Why the hell are you late?” Jiwon asks coldly, it doesn’t matter if Jinhwan’s his best friend, but when it comes to club activities, no, you won’t dare to pick a fight with him.

“What? Hanbin knows why I’m late, he would’ve probably told you, besides its only 30 minutes” Jinhwan said as he raised both of his hands. Yes, Hanbin knows why Jinhwan is late, Mrs Jung wanted him to help her carry a stack of books to the teacher’s room which is not that far, so he assumed that Jinhwan would arrived around 10 minutes. If it’s around 10 minutes late he might’ve not been this angry but another 10 minutes, he felt irritated. He stared deep in Jinhwan eyes who seems a bit taken aback.

“Oh come on, I’m sorry, okay?” Jinhwan makes his cutest gesture that eventually softens Jiwon’s heart but not Hanbin though (cuz we all know why). Hanbin just glared at the now smiling Jiwon before he coughed fakely to gain the couple’s attention. “Can we start now?” Hanbin said as he left, taking his seat next to Yunhyeong.

~*~

The first test;

A Q&A session with Kim Hanbin! Each participants is given a piece of paper each, before being told to write their answers of the questions that is going to be asked by Hanbin on the given paper. What are the questions about? Mainly photography but also other life-related subjects. There is no correct or false answers. The one that grabs the judges (Hanbin and Jiwon) attention will immediately qualified while the others had to say goodbye. Yes, the ones that failed had to leave. Hanbin doesn't need 'normal' people. He needs uniqeness and of course, determination. He could tell from the answer sheets if the participants are even willing to join his club. When the name of the chosen participants are called only 4 are left from a total of 10 applicants.

 

The second test;

The second test was quite easy. It’s a physical test, 10 rounds around the school field within a limited time, at least 30 push-ups, 30 sit-ups, 15 squats … and the list goes on. This is simple… simply torture. That's what Jinhwan thought. Jinhwan could only watch the 4 students suffering from the bleachers. Hanbin bragged about a photographer needs to be fit and intelligent or whatsoever, he even thought of making Jinhwan join them but the latter knows too well of Hanbin’s thought, so he avoided Hanbin by fake helping out Yunhyeong with his paperwork. Donghyuk on the other hand was in charge of taking photos while Chanwoo just follows Jiwon and Hanbin around.

Jinhwan was busy looking at the suffering students when suddenly he realised someone was sitting at the bottom of the bleachers. He knows too well that tall figure, the boy with raven black hair and a black umbrella near him. The boy is reading something, probably academic-related books. This is the opportunity to seek the answers he's been looking for. Jinhwan took a deep breath and gathers all of his courage to go down and meet the tall boy, face to face.

“Excuse me, Koo Junhoe?” the tall boy turned to look at the voice who had just greeted him. A petite boy is standing next to him, smiling but not convincing. But somehow, he felt something different, something warm and comfortable. He stares at the small boy, scanning every inch on his face. The light brown hair, the small cute eyes, the pointy nose and the mole under his right eye but his mind is focusing on the eyes. It glows like a ray of sunshine, swarming with happinness and somehow it felt familiar. He keeps on staring at the boy until he realize the light blush on the small boy’s cheeks. The boy seems flustered for awhile and he thinks that he's cute. Upon realizing the long stare, he quickly looked away.

“Who are you?” Junhoe asked as he closed the book he was reading and keep it in his bag.

“… erm, I’m Ki-kim Jinhwan” Jinhwan stutters as he speaks, probably because of the sudden increase of heart rate.

“Do I know you?”

“… you don’t know me?” he asked confused. Wait? He doesn't know me? 

“Well, I’ve never meet you before” Junhoe said as he stood up, “Well, it’s nice to meet you… err Jinhwan is it?” the tall boy smiled at the smaller and then Jinhwan saw those eyes. Those black eyes are not cloudy, instead they look calm like the moonlight, shining its radiance through the clear night sky. He looks different from what he remember. Jinhwan's mind is crowded. A lot of things came in and he couldn't connect any of those events. His eyebrows furrowed earning a confuse look from the taller.

“Err… Jinhwan?”

“Ah, yes. It’s Jinhwan”

“I’m sorry, I would love to talk but I have to take my leave” already?! Jinhwan didn’t even had the chance to ask him anything. The tall boy smiled again before waving him goodbye, leaving Jinhwan standing there, dealing with his own emotions.

Jinhwan didn’t realize that the second test is over. He didn’t realize the eyes that had been looking at him. He didn't realize the eyes that are judging him. He didn’t realize the pair of eyes who’s been glaring at him with a hint of jealousy. And no one realize the pair of eyes who’s been watching the small boy from the beginning.

~*~

“Jinhwan-hyung!” Donghyuk called in a weird tone. Jinhwan was laying his head on the table, thinking about what had happened just now. There's a lot of things in his mind that he didn't want to deal with anything for now. The sudden noise makes him annoyed and he was about to glare at the younger but he was surprised to see the shocked or more to scared face from the younger. He was holding a picture in his right hand.

“You need to see this!” Donghyuk said as he slams the picture on the table. Jinhwan look at the picture and realized, it was the picture that he took from the last two nights. It was the picture of Koo Junhoe, where he visited him that night in front of his house. The picture of the sad, cloudy eyes of Koo Junhoe and yet he was smiling. Yes, it was a perfect picture, the scene was perfect, the night sky was clear, everything looks fine for him until he realized the reason why Donghyuk was scared.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The tall boy in the picture has no legs.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry for the short chapter, but lately, my ideas are messed up. There's like 5 different plots for this chapter that I couldn't make out which I should choose. 

Probably because my exams are getting near that my focus on this fanfic was a bit, out of line. I promise to write a better update after the exams.

Anyway, there's Koo Junhoe! I'll let you solve the mystery first. I'll tell you all these mysteries in the next chapter which I probably update tomorrow before going on hiatus. You guys would go crazy if I left you with your imaginations. So guys, who's Koo Junhoe?

Tell me your opinion and do subscribe. :))

Thanks for those who commented, you guys never failed to brighten up my day and thank you also for the subscribers. Thanks to those who upvoted this story. Tbh I was surprised. Thank you so much! Love you guys! XOXO

-akirazinan