Chapter 7

To Heal the Star

It was a decent day. The weather was just the way she liked it, cloudy but still slightly warm. She even got up earlier just so that she’ll have the extra time to walk instead of cycling today. Her mind was filled with little notes on what to fix in her report, with an aim to be able to hand in it by evening.

“Yah, Yul!” She ran a little to catch up with the boy that was not too far in front of her.

“Ah, Solar-ssi.” He lazily replied, as if he had just woken up.

“I’ve finished the report. Do you want to check it before we submit it?”

“Nah, I’ll leave it up to you. I don’t think there’s anything you can do wrong since I’ve checked most of the parts already.”

Unable to find a better comeback, she began slapping Yul’s shoulder, the boy immediately made his run while snickering.

 

********************************************

I’ll be at the library to tie up loose ends, so if you can stop by if you want to do some final checking.

She rested her phone beside her laptop as she types away. An hour passed but still no sight of the boy. A sigh left her as she saved the work.

“Kim Yong Sun-ssi?” A petite girl taps onto her shoulder.

“Yeah?” She replied with a smile.

“E-erm, Yul-ssi asked to meet you at the rooftop.” The brunette is confused. Why didn’t she text me? Did her phone run out of battery? Why send her?

“Does he want to meet now?”

“Yeah, please hurry. He says its urgent.” She started pulling her arm, making the other girl even more confused. Maybe it’s something really urgent.

She ran. Please don’t tell me she’s stuck somewhere again. She followed the girl up the stairs all the way to the top floor.

“Yul?!” She called for the boy loudly. No reply. Her heart was beating fast from all the running.

“Yul, I’m here. Where are you?” She called again. She looked around and there’s no one. Is he pranking me?

“Yul is not here.” She turned to the voice, still confused with the whole situation.

 

***************************************

The boy yawned as he enters through the door. He looked around to greet an empty room.

“Geez, she said she’ll be here. Am I too late?” He took out his phone in attempt to scold the other girl on the phone. The boy heard loud vibrations from one of the tables nearby and later found that the girl’s laptop and phone were left on it.

Did she go off to the toilet or something? Why did she leave her phone?

His eyes widened when he saw the screen of the other girl’s phone.

“Moonbanggu? What kind of name is that?” a dry laugh escaped him as he disconnected the call.

He made a few stretches before looking at the report.

“Aish, I told her it’s alright already. Why panic so much?” he chuckled as he scrolls through the report.

He just sat there as he starts playing with his phone, waiting for the older girl to return.

****************************************

“Why do you like to be all over Yul so much, ?” A girl with freckles all over her cheeks said with a very irritated tone. Two girls were each holding one of her arms as they pinned her to the wall. The other girls behind were snickering, each waiting for their own turn to personally ‘teach’ the girl.

“Just because you’re slightly prettier, it doesn’t mean that you have the rights to be around Yul, you know? As long as we’re here, don’t think you could ever lay your dirty hands on Yul.”

Ahhh… They must be the fangirls Irene’s been talking about. The ones that would risk their lives for Yul, and probably even secretly worshipping the cross-dressing girl.

She felt helpless, and scared. This feeling is too familiar. Way too familiar.

“What do you mean you won’t be doing our home works anymore?”

“I-I’m just not doing this anymore. I’m just tired of this, you know?” Her heart raced as those words slipped out of .

A slap. It took a slap to make her fall hard onto the floor. She got picked up from the ground again by her collar. Her body was lifted up effortlessly and there’s where the stinging pain started to kick in.

Kicks landed onto her body and whenever her body gave out from all the beating, she was pulled up again, taking more and more hits. She would go back having bruises all over her body, but not her face, these bullies knew where to hit.

That was how life was it for her back them.

Say anything more and you’ll get beaten up.

“Look at her, she can’t even fight for her life. All she can do is talk.” And they left her there, all alone, with bruises and cuts all over her body. She curled into a ball as she held onto her stomach, trembling and sobbing silently at her pathetic life.

“I don’t think this is a good time for you to space out, ‘Solar’.”

I’m not here to repeat my mistakes. She saw the hand that’s coming towards her and caught it just in time. She elbowed the girl hard in her stomach before breaking loose, only to be stopped by more girls in front.

Yong Sun grunted as she got held back by the two other girls. The girl with short hair from earlier came back with a smug look on her face, as if she had won. Yong Sun glared but it ended her up with a slap on her face, followed by a hard punch to her stomach.

Air was knocked out of her body as she fell to her knees. She held onto her stomach, hoping that she will not have to lose her breakfast there and then. The girl felt kicks from many directions as she protects her face. She was forced into the curled up position again, which she hated a lot.

“Yah, pick her up.” The two girls gripped onto her shoulders as they dragged her up again, pushing her to lean onto the brick wall again. Yong Sun panted hard but did not lose her composure and kept on glaring, showing that she still has some fight left.

“Still so arrogant? This unnie will teach you how things are around here.” She lifted up her fist, to where Yong Sun closes her eyes to brace for the impact.

“Stop right there.” A low stern voice called out from the entrance.

“President Jung, what are you doing up here? Can’t you see that we’re having fun here?”

“Let go of her right this instant and I’ll probably spare you off with a lighter punishment.” She walks nearer to the gang.

Yong Sun didn’t know that Whee In was the president, nor did she know that the bright puppy she knew has such a cold, stern side of her like this. But with her alone with that small petite body, can she even save her?

“What can you do, Pres? You’re alone and you’re a junior. Shouldn’t you show some respect to your unnies?” she rested her arm over Whee In’s shoulder as if she’s her friend, but Whee In still remained calm with the stern look on her face.

“You all may be older but I am still the President.”

“Wow. Look, little president decides that she’s all high and mighty now. Should we teach her a lesson too?” She gripped around the girl’s collar. Whee In, run.

“Yah, don’t touch her.” A husky voice can be heard as a girl walked in. Her jet-black hair was hovering just a little above her shoulders and the dark smokey eyeshadow makes her wonder how much trouble she gets with teachers in school.

She was no taller than Whee In, but the girls seem intimidated with the girl’s presence. Her gaze was so fierce that it could kill. It wouldn’t surprise her if this girl is in a gang as well.

“Hwasa. I didn’t know that you became the president’s dog.” One of the girls said in a teasing manner. Hyejin glared at her, which made her took a step back. Coward. Yong Sun scoffed, which made the fingers around her arms clawed into her flesh harder.

“Yah, get your hands off my friend.” Her tone was calm. She didn’t bother waiting for a reply and immediately slapped the arm off Whee In and pulled her to her side.

“Hyejin-ah, don’t cause another mess here. We’re just here for Yong Sun unnie.”

“Mmm, I know.” The girl hummed as she looked at her long, manicured fingernails.

“Let go off the girl while I say this nicely. Or I wouldn’t know what my friend will do next.” Whee In stated, her voice still remained as calm as ever.

“Fine, you win this time. You’re lucky you got the president at your back. But who knows? Maybe you should be careful walking on the streets out there.” The smug look is still plastered onto her face, which made Yong Sun wants to punch it. But in her given situation, she didn’t want to die early.

“Oh please, if you’re that brave you won’t be ganging up on her like that. Cowards.” Hyejin’s smiled as she rested her face onto her palm, her eyes were still on the gang, as if threatening to kill.

“We’ll see about that, dog.” The freckled girl let out a scoff and gave her the same glare she gave earlier.

“Say what you want, chickens.”

They dropped her, but her legs were too weak to support her body that she had to lean on the wall. Whee In immediately rushed to her aid, while Hyejin eyes onto the gang, making sure that they really left.

“Unnie, unnie! Are you alright?” The calmness in her voice disappeared as she grabs onto the older girl’s arm.

“Nothing serious, just a little bumps. It’s going to hurt tomorrow.” She managed a smile, which Whee In eyed with a worried look.

“I’ll bring you to the nurse office, we need to do something about the cuts on your leg.” Yong Sun looked at her legs to see it bleeding. Ahh, that’s going to hurt during shower.

“Thanks, Whee In-ah. And also Hyejin? Thanks a lot-” A cough stopped her sentence halfway. Whee In gently massages her back as she carefully lifts the girl up.

“Ahn Hyejin, I’m just Whee In’s friend.” The girl let out a warm smile, which was unlike the fierce front she displayed earlier.

“Ah, no need for that. You’re lucky the girl that called you up decided to report to me about the incident. Or else, you’re dead meat.” Yong Sun laughed at the statement, which made Whee In gave her a long lecture all the way until the nurse office.

 

*************************************************

Yul ran to the infirmary as soon as she received the message from the president.

“Yah, unnie you have to stay still!” She heard Whee In shouting.

“Arggh, but it stings!” It was Yong Sun this time, it seemed like she was avoiding something.

Yul slid the door open, only to have Yong Sun inching her leg away from the cotton wool with iodine in Whee In’s hand, and Hyejin on one of the beds watching the two of them with a bag of chips.

“Gosh, how bad was it until she’s injured this much?” Her eyes widened in horror as she sees the cuts and bruises all over her body.

“About 4 to 5 people. She’ll probably end up in the hospital bed if we weren’t earlier.” Hyejin says before munching onto the chip.

“Unnie, you clean up this leg and I’ll clean this one. Hyejin, hold her down.” Yong Sun’s eyes widened.

“Sorry unnie, I know we just met but this is for your own good. Chips?” she hugged the older girl’s shoulders, the bag of chips still in her grip.

As Yong Sun almost screamed due to the stinging pain of the iodine, Hyejin places a tomato flavoured chip into , shutting her up for the next few minutes.

“See? All done. You’ll heal up in no time.” Whee In said cheerfully. Her whole calf was wrapped with white cloth, while they plastered band aids on the cuts and scratches around her arms and thighs.

Whee In and Hyejin left early, it seemed that they had other plans going on, leaving only the boy and her in the room alone.

“I’m sorry that this happened.” A worried look was plastered on her face as she walked the older girl home.

“It’s not your fault really. Those girls are just plain obsessive.”

“If you’re not so clingy to me, you’d probably not end up in this mess.” Yong Sun chuckled to her response.

“Well, I just want to be your friend. So, I can’t help it if there are people out there being all salty about it.” She smiled. Yul’s eyes widened, her head tilted one side to hide her smirk.

“And how are you that dumb to be follow a random girl up the rooftop?”

“She said that you needed to see me and I thought you got into some other trouble and I got really worried…”

Yul went silent for a moment and let out a chuckle.

“You’re such a fool. Let me call you Yeba from now on.” She smiled sheepishly as she leaned over to the older girl’s side.

“Yeba?”

“Yeppun-pabo. (Pretty fool)”

“Yah! Stop giving me stupid nicknames!” She lightly punched the girl, making her inch away.

“It’s cute and it suits you. And don’t think that I don’t know who decided to call me Moonbanggu. (MoonFart)”

“You are like an annoying big fart. Can’t deny that.” They both started laughing, and continue teasing each other until the older one gets home.

 

 

****************************************

Hello! Another chapter up! ^^

Thank you again to all the subcribers, voters and commenters. Y’all really know how to brighten someone’s day up.

Hope all of you have a good day/night!chapter up! ^^

Thank you again to all the subcribers, voters and commenters. Y’all really know how to brighten someone’s day up.

Hope all of you have a good day/night :)