Chapter 6

To Heal the Star

“Hey, may I know when do you want to start on the project?” She hesitated for a moment before hitting the ‘send’ button. She even went through the message several times, checked for typos and even made sure that she sounded nice.

Seen.

She gripped onto her phone, causing it to shake a little. Almost everyone finished the first assignment and the due date is in 2 days. She let out a sigh in frustration and tossed her phone aside, not wanting to deal with that at the time being.

It’s okay, you can do this Kim Yong Sun. You don’t need a lazy assed genius to do the assignment with you.

She picked up her phone again and speed typed a message to her partner once more. Just as a final resort if he suddenly regained his sense of responsibility and decides to help her at the final minute.

She rammed onto the ‘send’ button without much thinking and locked her phone right after just before the teacher started teaching.

Halfway into class, she couldn’t concentrate. Part of her finally settled into the guilt of being harsh to the other girl. Her guilt became heavier when she realised that the girl hasn’t entered class since break time.

Urggggggggh.

None of the teacher’s words are entering her brain due to the nervousness of her overthinking. Her eyes kept travelling over to the sliding door, hoping that the door would suddenly open in a rough manner like how the girl always do when she enters.

Nothing.

It wasn’t till 5 minutes till school ends when she felt vibrations from her bag. She immediately reached for it, and she didn’t even receive a reply from her raged message she sent earlier, but it made her fly out from her seat once she hears the school bell.

I need help. I’m at the third floor.

*********************************************

Yul just asked for her help. She can’t help but to either find it funny or plain weird for Yul to be asking for her help.

Her heart sank when she realised what she was there for,

Yul was somehow locked herself in one of the boy’s stall while she was escaping her usual fangirls. And that kid didn’t even bother calling out for help just because his pride is too much to ask for that (or maybe just too socially awkward and embarrassed at her own situation).

She waited outside until she was sure that there were no one around and pasted her self-written ‘toilet is under maintenance’ sign before entering. She even took the effort to lock the door and checked every stall to make sure that no one enters.

All except one stall is opened wide.

“Yul?”

“Yo.” Yong Sun scoffed at her casual reply despite the fact she’s stuck.

“So, how should I get you out?” She examined the slightly crooked door, which explains why she could be possibly got stuck.

“The lock is jammed shut. And the door is broken. So, a strong kick from the outside should suffice.” The older girl was taken aback.

“You’re calling me to destroy public property? I don’t think that’s a wise move.” She holds her chin while biting her lower lip, trying to figure out a better plan.

“I don’t think there’s other way out, Yong Sun.” She sighed, her voice sounded a little desperate.

“I-I’ll try then.” She took a few steps back, the girl in the stall quickly shifts over to the back as well so that she wouldn’t get a flying door to her face.

She kicked the center of the door hard and made a loud bang, but it didn’t budge one bit.

“Try aiming for the lock, Yong Sun-ah.” Her voice was surprisingly calm despite her current situation.

She took a deep breath this time, her eyes focused on the side of the door. All her weight was shifted in that kick, and the door budged a little, making her squeal.

“Oh my God, you’re doing well, try pushing it a little, maybe I could squeeze through the gap.” She was excited as well, but her calm voice managed to mask her emotion.

After a good 15 minutes of kicking and pushing the door, it finally gave in and falls apart. The door fell over, the two of them looked at each other with the similar shocked expression with their mouth dropped open.

They made eye contact, and immediately laughed at each other’s faces.

“Let’s get the hell out of here. It doesn’t smell very pleasant in here.” The younger girl smirked, her face was dripping with sweat from the heat.

*******************************************

Urggggggggggggh.

It was Yul’s turn to groan.

When she was almost taking off in her bike, Yong Sun stopped her because of their assignment that’s due in like 3-4 days? She didn’t really care much about it.

“2 days. Not 3 or 4 days. 2 frigging days.”

This is exactly why I don’t like to do group assignments.

“I need a bath and food.”

“Then come over to my house. I can’t let you disappear again before this report is done.”

“Hell no.”

“Wow, so this is how you treat someone that just saved your . Cool. Fine. I’ll do this myself. I don’t need help from an like you.” She stomped away and pushed her bicycle out. Her anger boiled even more when she heard the roar of the other girl’s bike heading into the opposite direction.

**********************************************

The tapping sounds on her keyboard filled her small room ever since she reached home. Her mother was a little worried ever since she saw her daughter rushed home with a not-so-pleasant mood and never left her room since then.

Minutes became hours and her work was at least half done. She let out a sigh as she noticed the skies have turned dark. There’s still more stuff to do.

Argh, I’ll just do it after this.

She closed her eyes as she laid her head on the table, slowly drifting into her dreamland of rainbows.

A pair of hands gently took the white laptop away from the girl, making sure that no sounds were made so that the girl wouldn’t wake up. The same pair of hands slowly travelled along the mousepad to scroll through the piece of work. Her eyes didn’t leave the screen until she reaches for her rimmed glasses, making sure that she doesn’t miss out on any small details.

The slender fingers moved along the keys, correcting mistakes here and there and adding more information in places that were lacking. Her hands didn’t leave the mouse as she began scrolling through the report again and again, reading everything word by word until she was finally satisfied.

It’s almost done, but she decided to call it a day.

She took off her glasses and stretched her back, twisting it from side to side as she let out an inaudible relieved groan. She quickly turned to the older girl, thinking that she woke her up but to her surprise, the girl is still in a deep sleep.

The girl scoffed as she looked at the brunette.

I swear, even if a meteor lands in front of your house, I’ll bet my life that you’ll still be sleeping.

************************************************

“Yah, how long are you planning to sleep? Wake up.” She shook the older girl, but she’s still motionless.

She poked her cheeks and realised the softness and squishiness of the girl’s cheeks that she wouldn’t stop poking it, which eventually leads to the other girl waking up.

“Mmmmfghhh? Why are you poking my cweeks?” her voice was muffled.

“Because I just realised that you ‘ve been hiding stress balls in your cheeks. Heck, what are they even made of? Mochis?” Her eyelids flew when she recognised the owner of the voice.

“Arggh! W-What? How are you in my room? And why are you dressed like a boy?” The brunette was clearly startled and quickly stood up from the table. She winced a little when her body began to ache from her awkward sleeping position.

“You’ve been sleeping the entire time and for some reason you wouldn’t wake up.” Yul kept her arms crossed.

“A-and why are you here as a boy? What would my mum think?!” She placed her palm onto her face and rubbed her eyes, still feeling a little dumbfounded.

“Well, I have an identity to keep. And chill, I told your mum that I’m here for school stuff.”

“That’s very ‘convincing’, Yul-ssi.” The sarcasm was clear in her tone.

The younger girl suddenly stood up and walked towards the brunette. The older girl, shocked and backed up from the approaching girl until her back hits her room wall. The younger’s face went closer to her own face till it was just a few centimeters apart.

“If your mind wasn’t that yellow, you could’ve finished the work earlier instead of fantasising erted stuff, Solar-ssi.” Her lips hovered close enough till she could feel her breathing on her cheeks.

“ARGGH! Don’t do stuff like that! It’s strange!” She did some slapping motions, which made the younger retreat while giggling.

“Anyways, I got some coffee. Is americano fine?” The older girl pursed her lips.

“I assume that’s a yes.” Yul had a proud smirk, as if she had won.

*****************************************

“This is for you.” The younger girl awkwardly placed a box on the floor as the brunette sips onto her americano. Her eyes sparkled when she realised that it was a huge slice of strawberry shortcake from one of the café around the area.

“That’s for helping me out, and as an apology on what happened after school earlier.” She played with her fingers as she looked away. Yong Sun took a bite and couldn’t hide her happiness for long due to the sweet creamy texture of the slice from heaven.

“Forgiven.” She grinned. The other girl smiled sheepishly as she rubbed her nape.

"I’ve done most of the parts in the report already. You just need to finish up the rest and we’ll be done.” She began packing her stuff into her sports bag.

“Going so soon?”

“I have a piano to play.” She swung her bag over her shoulder and she fixes her wig a little.

“Oh.”

“Well, you can come if you want to… It starts at 11.” She smiled shyly before leaving the door. The older girl’s eyes lit up as she heard those words.

“Okay!” She exclaimed, unable to hide her excitement.

************************************************

Her room became the aftermath of a war.

What do I wear? What should I wear? Skirt? Pants? Sweater?

Clothes were everywhere. On the floor, bed, chair, table (basically everywhere possible). Her mum is going to kill her when she walks in.

After a lot of mental debates with herself, she chose to go for a simple pale blue dress shirt tucked into her denim shorts. She made a run out after saying goodbye and sorry to her mum. Her mum was a little confused at the ‘sorry’ part, but Yong Sun could’ve sworn hearing her mum cursing from far after making her way out of the house.

It was 10.55 pm. She hoped that she could reach there in time.

She pushed the glass door, only to greet a fully packed bistro, noises of people chattering and glass clinking filled the whole shop, making it as lively as ever. She’s lucky to find a seat not too far from the stage, despite having almost seats at such a late hour.

“Yo.” She almost jumped at the voice.

“Yah, aren’t you supposed to be performing?” She made eye contact with the blondie, who just kept her style simple with a black leather jacket, white dress shirt paired up with a black ripped jean.

“Chill, why the rush?” She smirked, but the look didn’t last long when her eyes roamed over to the other girl’s thighs, which were exposed due to the shorts she was wearing.

The girl let out a long sigh as she took out her jacket, the older girl stared with a very confused look.

“Cover up, okay? There aren’t many nice people around here at this hour.” She placed the jacket gently on her thighs, making the other girl let out a playful groan.

“You’re too conservative.” She laughed, the other girl just shrugs playfully before going back to the working area.

Yul’s popularity at the bistro is no joke. Although everyone didn’t know her, but they always come back for her performance. Her ability to perform on stage with the charisma and the way everyone is so captivated by her songs she plays is just on another level.

Yong Sun just watched. Her head resting on her palm as she eases up on the calm melody, sipping the iced lemon tea on the house by the boss she knew. Yul did switch it up from time to time, sometimes an upbeat cover of a hit song to the slow classics. She makes eye contact with the audience from time to time, and even gave the older girl a little wink.

Greaseball.

Her performance always end up with a standing ovation, in which she replies with one full bow and a satisfied smile. Someone’s in a good mood today.

A grin crept up her face when she made eye contact with the girl again. The older girl had her thumbs up as she smiles, making the other girl laugh as she covered her face in embarrassment, like how a mum would congratulate a kid after they do something great.

*****************************************

She waited at the same spot, right outside the kitchen door. The metal door swung open with the girl saying her goodbyes to the staffs, and slammed shut as she meets the older girl.

“Someone’s in a good mood today. Tteokbokki?” She hands back the jacket. The younger girl eyes her with a suspicious look, but nodded since she’s a little hungry herself.

“Someone must be a big fan to be able to tell the difference.” She teases as she swung the jacket over her shoulder.

“I used to play the piano. I know a thing or two.” The blonde raises her eyebrow, as if in surprise that this airhead somewhat knows how to play.

“Cool, maybe you can fill my space up if I’m gone or something.” She said playfully.

“Pfft. No way.”

They munched onto their tteokbokki, the older girl smiled as her all-time craving was satisfied.

“You’ll never get sick of tteokbokki will you?” She said as she watched the girl eats as if it’s her first time every time.

“I don’t think so. I can eat this for a month straight.” The younger girl shook her head in disbelief with a smile plastered on her face.

Such a happy idiot.

 

******************************************

Wow! That took me a while. (not a while actually XD)

But anyways, thank you to all that’s always waiting for me despite me not updating very regularly. And also special thanks for those that subscribed, commented and upvoted. It really motivates me to do better :D

I’ll try updating as soon as possible so it’ll be lovely if y’all could wait. (sends loves)

See you in the next update!