Chapter 5

To Heal the Star

She parked her mint bike amongst the other hundred bikes under the shed, locked it and proceeded to class. Many thoughts have been going on in her head, from to as what had happened to make Yul have such a side until how she didn’t see the younger girl for days after the incident in the library.

She contemplated whether if she should visit her house, to at least talk or to at least give company on that night, but then again, she hesitated.

But do I even have the rights to just plunge into one’s life like that?

The thought was shaken off when she brushed shoulders with a familiar figure. She dropped her books in the process, making her curse almost instantly.

The boy immediately helped her to pick up her books and stacked it nicely before handing it over.

“Be more careful, Solar-ssi.” He gave his arrogant smirk before taking his leave, making countless of girls nearby staring with envy. Why did she even bother worrying? One second she’ll act in a way that made her worry and another second she’ll act like nothing had ever happen and continues annoying her.

“Yah! I told you not to call me that!” She suddenly boomed, making the boy that was already walking away jumped. The boy turned to face the older girl, to which the other immediately reply by pulling the corner of her lips all the way down and her eyebrows as close as it could be, making up an angry yet cute facial expression. The boy raised his eyebrow in amusement, only to walk away while shaking his head, his lips curved into a smile as he chuckles.

If I don’t have the rights to get into her life, I’ll work my way in to earn it.

************************************

Yul rolled his eyes when he recognised the familiar footsteps that’s slowly trailing behind his, stopping whenever he does, and walking faster when he quickens his pace.

“Yah, why the hell are you following me?” Yul turned as he grunted, the brunette blinked a few times in confusion before smiling back.

“I’m walking to class unlike some pain-in-the--genius that would only come into class one hour after class starts.” She pokes his shoulder and gave a teasing smile before walking pass to enter the class.

The boy’s face flushed in embarrassment as he realised that their class was indeed right beside him, rubbing his nape as he cleared his throat, deciding that he should be in class early for the first time today.

Eyes stared at him from all directions, after all it was pretty weird and rare to see him early to class.

He sits at his usual seat at the back, spending the next 5 minutes staring outside the window, just like how he imagined a main character in a manga would do (since he didn’t have any better things to do anyway). He did look at the other girl from time to time, watching how every time when she laughs a little too loud, she hides her face in embarrassment, making the whole class giggle from her action.

He rests his head on his palm as he watched, before almost slapping himself from staring too long.

*************************************

“Yul-sunbaenim, I’ve been liking you for a very long time, can I be your girlfriend?” the shorter girl bowed shyly, her voive was shaking a little, and her face was flushed red when she lifted her head up to face him.

“I’m sorry.” He smiled apologetically before leaving the girl, her tears were already forming at the bottom of her eyes as he walked away. It’s not the first or second nor third time anyone’s been confessing to her since he’s been well known to be rejecting even the prettiest or most popular girls around school.

She watched her from the place she usually hides during breaks, a place high enough to get the whole view of the cafeteria.

It was just an empty room with a few tables arranged at the side and some shelves with dusty old books that were sorted out from the library. She loved the spot near the window, since she always like to stare. She’d sometimes stay in there to do her home works or just to get her daily dose of a much needed peace and quiet environment.

She watched the brunette trying her best to get along with her new group of friends, although she looked a little left out when the others made inside jokes that she didn’t understand, but laughed along just to make things less awkward.

“Such a fool.” She caught herself smiling again, making her feel like she was the one that’s behaving more like a stalker.

The old door slides open roughly, only to reveal her usual visitor, the only one other than her to have the key to their secret hiding spot.

“Annyeong, Whee In-ah.” She smiled.

“Hi Mr Heartbreaker, I knew you were present today from the cry of a rejected girl that only wants you for herself.” The younger girl smiled as she sat in front of her, opening her lunchbox and making herself comfortable. The older one scoffed hearing her referring her to Mr. Heartbreaker, as if she's the school's official playboy.

“What brings you here today? And I ain't a heartbreaker, I don't go around messing with people's feelings, okay?” Whee In placed the rice that were in between her chopsticks to let out a scoff. Well, what do you know? You messed with gazillion of peoples' hearts without you knowing yourself.

She wrapped her arms around her knees as she eyes the one of the fluffy eggrolls in the younger girl’s lunchbox. The younger noticed this and offered her a piece, but the older girl just shook her head, making the younger girl let out a soft sigh. Still don’t trust me, eh?

“Need a break from dealing with too many humans in a day.” Her eyes were red from the soreness of staying up, but still managed a weak smile, ensuring that she’s okay.

“Teachers bothering you again?” She cast a worried look.

“Both teachers and students.” She sighed again before she stuffed a mouthful of rice with her mum’s kimchi. After all, she only eats her mum’s kimchi which was undoubtly one of the best around the area. Her smile became wider as she munches onto the freshly marinated cabbage, as if food is her only source of happiness in life.

“Say, I heard you made a new friend lately. I’m happy that you actually have someone other than me for once.” Her statement made the other girl almost choke onto her own saliva.

“Yah, she’s not technically a friend, but a busybody. It’s not that I can help it, she knows who I am.” The younger girl’s cheeks were pulled up in a wide smile, revealing her one side dimple.

“She’s a nice person. If you break her heart, I'll break your leg. So, treat her well, okay?” She giggled, making Yul immediately roll her eyes.

After the younger girl finishes her meal, she’d instantly leave to get back to her work, after all, being the student council president ain’t no easy job. But at times when she just had enough, she would just nap in that room or blasting music into her ears, just to rebel a little before going back to work.

Yul was left all alone in the room again, and subconciously stared out of the window again, only to find out that the older girl has already left.

“Oh well.” She mumbled as she laid back onto the wall and closes her eyes, just to kill fifteen or thirty minutes before entering class.

****************************************

It was one of those hot days where the best thing to do was to stay at home with the air conditioner blasting to the max. And that’s what she did exactly. She got her favourite hoodie, blanket wrapping around her body, a consoler in her hands, and a cup of warm coffee not too far from her blanket amour.

She was smiling to herself as she managed to kill one of the opponent, twisting and turning the buttons at ease as she leads her team to victory. That’s how she usually spends her day if she wasn’t in the library or performing. She would just sit there all day, switching between the consoler and pc from time to time.

But it was a different day. She jumped when her usually-untouched-doorbell rang and echoed through her house, making her sprint all the way to her door.

“Hi!” she saw the wide grin through her intercom and almost flipped. What is she doing here?

She quickly ran her fingers through her hair, making final brushes to her precious bangs before praying that her hair got a little neater before opening the door.

“W-What are you doing here?” The older girl smiled as she lifted a pink paper bag towards the younger. The blonde took it and immediately peeked into the bag for inspection; a few books and a lunchbox. Interesting.

“I thought I should bring you the home works when you’re absent.”

“And what’s this for?” she took out the yellow coloured lunchbox.

“Ah, I thought that maybe you haven’t have lunch yet and my mum made extra food today so, it’ll be a waste if no one eats it.”

“So, am I a rubbish bin to you?”

“Yah, the food is clean. If you don’t want it, you can give me back.” She tried snatching it from the younger girl, but the other quickly pulled it close to herself as she smiled mischievously.

“I didn’t say no to the food, Solar-sshi.” She gave her usual smug grin, which kind of pissed her off a little every time. She paused for a moment before trying to peek into the younger girl’s house.

“Are you not going to invite me in?” Her bold statement gave the girl a shock.

“Sure, but it’s a little messy since I wasn’t expecting visitors.” Yong Sun was immediately invited by the cold air, followed by the scent of those strawberry flavoured aroma sticks. She took her time to inspect the girl’s house, earning a chuckle from the blonde. The older happily skipped into her house, her eyes widened at how surprisingly neat her house is despite living all by herself.

Everything was surprisingly in order, except for the thick blanket on the floor, a game controller with a cup of coffee that was half drank not too far from it. The tv was on but it was only in a game menu where she supposed it was an army shooting game? (She doesn’t really know about games besides those in her phone)

“Is my house that interesting to you? It’s just like any other houses here though?” She crosses her arms as she leaned onto the wall not too far from where the older girl was standing.

“It’s not my fault that I was expecting to find pizza boxes laying around and the house to be in complete filth, just like any other typical lazy people like you would.” Yong Sun pouted a little as she faced the younger girl, both of them burst into laughter as they stared at each other.

“I’m sorry I’m not as what you think, Solar-sshi.” the girl said in between her laughs. They both sat at the square dining table, as the older girl watched Yul help herself into the lunchbox.

“So, by the looks of this, I bet you’re here to ask for a favour.” Yong Sun almost spat out the water that Yul gave to her as she sat, the younger girl started laughing when her guess was spot on, the older girl was clearly flustered by the statement, bringing amusement to the other girl.

“So spill it, since you bribed me with food already.” She said as she stuffed herself with a spoonful of rice.

“Although I don’t really like you, but you’re the only option left for the class partner thingy.”

There was this thing in class where everyone has a study partner to do your group projects with throughout the year, and Yong Sun learnt it the hard way that her options were limited since Irene and Wendy were partners since the start.

“Why? No one wants you to be their partner?” The older girl let out a dry laugh as she scratched the back of her head (to prevent her from chokeslamming the girl in front of her).

“I figured that you’ll be a better partner, to be honest.” Yul laughed, thinking that the older girl was joking about her being dependable, but stopped when she realised that the girl actually really meant it. She sighed as she leaned back onto her chair, feeling a little flustered and guilty for laughing.

“You know, I don’t really take part in this kind of stuff, they’re stupid and I don’t really need those marks to survive high school you see?” She let out an apologetic smile as she said it, internally hoping that the girl wouldn’t argue with her.

She thought she finally manage to wriggle herself out of the matter until she noticed the change of expression on the other’s face. It wasn’t obvious, but she managed to see the slight sad frown before the older girl pulled her usual smile.

“Ahh, it’s okay then. I’ll just find someone else.” Maybe this was a bad idea after all. There was a short pause before the older girl got up as she packed her things.

“Going so soon?” She watched as the girl throw her stuff into her white bag.

“I wasn’t going to stop for long anyways, I have some errands to do. See you tomorrow.” She swung her bag over her shoulder as she made her way out of her house.

Yul sighed as she watched the door close. She sighed again as she looked at her unfinished ricebox, her appetite was half ruined due to her guilt.

**************************************************

Having to know that she’d probably had no partner left due to the fact that you’re actually supposed to get your partner weeks before (which was when Yul was absent) and she cursed at herself for putting all her hopes onto the younger girl, which made her reject almost everyone that actually offered to be her partner.

Urghh, Kim Yong Sun. You really done it this time. And to think that she actually felt bad at first if Yul was the only one left without a partner.

She mentally slapped herself a billion times. So much that she didn’t realise that a guy was actually standing at the class entrance, awaiting her presence.

“So Yong Sun, do you have anyone partnering up with you yet?” The guy has the sides of his head shaven and hasn’t has his uniform tucked in, probably one of those thugs in her class. She sighed mentally and proceeded to question herself if she’d have to end up with the one final choice that no one would actually go for.

“Well, I guess not.” She smiled, making the guy jump as if he had won the lottery.

“Yah, just what do you think you’re doing with my partner?” A hand reached for one side of the guy’s shoulders, and slowly pushing him back to increase the distance. Yong Sun got a shock when their face almost met when she turned her head, one part of her was actually happy that she instantly recognise who the voice belonged to.

“Geez, you’d never take part in this kind of stuff. Give the guy a chance will ya?” The guy let out a hopeful smirk, hoping to let Yul know that this might be his only chance to ‘get the girl’.

Oh, hell no. Instead, his serious look didn’t waver as his slight glare was fixed onto the guy, intimidating him almost instantly.

“Yah, this noona is mine.” Yul slumped her arm around the older girl’s shoulder and pulled her closer, making Yong Sun stared at him both shockingly weirdly.

Yeap. The younger girl was clearly out of her mind. Well, at least on the bright side is that she has a partner(?) that she could depend on.

HOPEFULLY.

What's the worst that could happen anyways?

*****************************************

Well, that took me quite a while didn’t it?

I. Am. So. Sorry. *bows all the way to the floor* XD

But I’ll be sure to update so stay tuned ;) (Please? XD) 

Oh, and feel free to leave a comment cuz I like reading it but if you don’t it’s okay as well *silently cries at a corner*