Chapter 10

To Heal the Star

Yong Sun tried having casual conversations, telling funny stories on the way home to distract the girl from whatever that happened back there. The younger was clearly nervous and didn't give any sort of response like she usually does, making her worry more. She held the younger girl close, trying to give her a reassurance that she's safe.

It was then she felt the slim figure slipping off her grip, falling onto the floor. The red umbrella dropped as her instinct kicked in, barely catching the girl in time. She could hear her heart pounding in her ears as the panic sets in, repeatedly called the other girl's name as she shook the girls unmoving body.

A grunt escaped from her as she slumped the girl's arm over her shoulder, slowly making their way back to her house.

She was thankful that the younger was lighter than she looks, and that her house was just a few more meters away. Her feet staggered, barely able to balance both their weight, and the rain hadn't make things any better.

It was a challenge carrying someone through the heavy rain, and she was thankful that she made it to her living room, with the other girl still unconscious in midst of all the trouble.

She remembered that her parents won't be around for a short trip back to Seoul to tie up some loose ends. She bit her lip, having an actual adult here would be helpful.

"Yah, Yul." She repeatedly called her name, in hopes that it might wake her up, but to no avail. Her fingers gently tapped her cheeks but still didnt get any response.

The elder noticed that the both of them were completely drenched, and brought out towels to dry both of them up.

She wanted to change the girl's drenched shirt, so that she wouldn't catch a cold. As the buttons unravelled, Yong Sun couldn't help it but admire the girl's toned body. She sure kept her body fit, as expected of the school's most popular guy. Its no wonder that girls would swooned over her.

Her long gaze was cut short as her eyes travelled to the skin below her chest, revealing what it seemed to be remnants of a deep wound. Her eyes widened at the sight, making her felt like she had seen something that she shouldn't.

The younger was disoriented, panic kicked in as she had no recollection on what had happened and where she was. She was drenched, with a towel covering her front. Upon seeing her ed shirt below, she immediately tugged it close together, eyes darting around the room immediately as she felt her heartbeat rise again.

"You're finally awake! You got me so worried!" The older girl smiled in relief as she ran over to the younger girl.

"W-where am I?" The grip around she shirt tightened until it formed wrinkles around her grasp.

"We're at my place. I wanted to change your clothes for you since it got wet and I didn't want you to get sick. I'm sorry for scaring you." The grip on her shirt loosened as she let out a relieved sigh, her hand still remained on her shirt, holding it close together.

"It must be tough carrying me here, isn't it?" She managed a smirk, to which Yong Sun smiled as she shook her head.

"I'm just glad you're alright. By the way, you should change. You can wear my clothes." She hesitated at first, but she was left no choice as the girl was very, very persistent.

She settled for an oversized tee with a black trainers after the older girl had called her to take a warm bath. She wrapped her hands around her body, keeping herself warm. She walked to the kitchen after changing, to which she saw Yong Sun cooking some fried rice.

"My parents are not going to be in until tomorrow night, so the house is all ours." She smiled.

"Do you want an egg in yours?"

"I like mine with kimchi."

"Did you bathe the rice in ketchup?" Her eyes widened as she noticed the redder than usual kimchi fried rice laid in front of her. Yul couldn't stand it any longer when she saw the older girl adding a spoonful of sugar into the pan.

"ITS ONLY GOOD THAT WAY!" 

"NOOO YOU'RE RUINING IT!" Yul tried grabbing the arm that was about to drop the abomination of an ingredient into the frying pan, but the same arm managed to yank off her grip, dropping the entire spoonful of sugar into the fried rice. It no good, it can't be saved anymore. 

She sighs in defeat, clearly disgusted with the food, but fortunately it didn't taste half as bad as it looked. She looked over to the older girl, who was happily eating her self-cooked food. The girl began rambling on how talented she is in making kimchi fried rice that people would be flattered just by having her to cook for them. Her lips unknowing curved upwards as she felt the raging waves in her began to calm down bit by bit, slowly being replaced by a sense of gratitude towards the girl sitting across her.

"Thanks, unnie." She mumbled, the other girl almost choked on her fried rice.

"W-what did you just called me?" Her face beamed with joy, to which Yul looked away in embarassment.

"Nothing."

"Call me unnie again, pleeeeeeeeeeease? I didn't hear it right the first time" 

"No." The blonde girl began stuffing her face with the overly-sweet kimchi fried rice. The older girl pouted as she whined to at least hear it one more time, to which the younger refused repeatedly throughout the whole evening.

************************************************