Chapter 1

To Heal the Star

She's late. On her first day of school. How could this get any worse?

It all happened so fast. Too fast. One day Yong Sun's father came back with a news saying that he's transferred to take over the management of a company's branch out of Seoul. One week later they've already moved out of Seoul and were currently moving all of their belongings into their new house. And just in a few days she'll be attending a new school with new friends.

Yong Sun is unsure whether to take this as to start a new life or some would say turning over a new leaf. Sure, she'll miss her friends back in the city, but she felt slightly relieved because she's been pushed around her whole life in her previous school. Maybe, this time I can make things right.

Everything was new to her, the streets were too unfamiliar. It's not like the roads in the city that were constantly filled with cars stuck in jams but it was more peaceful and filled with more trees than cars. Like heck, she couldn't even remember the streets that she had to take in order to get home.

Lucky for her, she met a really friendly and bubbly girl next door when she moved into her new house. It seemed that they were going to the same school, but its just that she's a junior there and unlike her, who is already in senior year. 

"Unnie, I don't see you at the opening ceremony. Where are you?" the younger girl called her through her phone. 

"Oh. My. Gosh." She immediately hung up, bathe, got dressed and make sure she looks okay within 20 minutes. 

She ran as fast as she could. She's lucky that she actually remembers the way to school since Whee In was kind enough to show her around on the other day. Turn left after you see the big tree at the junction, the younger girl's voice rang in her head as she saw the big tree. 

She came into a halt as she recognised the building she was looking for. She ran her fingers into her dark brown hair as she fixes it from the earlier run. She doubt that she still looks okay, after all that running, but still at least she made an effort. She walked into the unfamiliar area, not knowing where to go first. 

"I should go to the office first... but where is it?" she mentally slapped and blamed herself for not setting her alarm or things would have probably be made easier. 

Yong Sun made quick turns in hopes of being able to find for at least some signboards.

No signboards. But she did saw a student walking around in the coridoor. 

Maybe he could help me, she thought as she ran towards the boy.

"Erm, excuse me." she gently tapped the boy's shoulder. The boy turned. He has this flower boy look, but with the coldest glare that didn't fit his good looks. Yong Sun felt intimidated despite the boy's small figure, but she still has to ask.

"Yes?" he said, unamused.

"May I know where is the principal's office? You see, I'm new here an-"

"After this coridoor you turn right and walk till you see the door with the word 'principal's office' on it." he cut her off and walked pass her just like that. 

"Thanks!" she shouted to him as she started running again.

Geez, I really hope all the students here aren't like him or I won't be able to survive here for more than a month, she let out a sigh.

***********************************

She felt eyes gazing on her as she passes one class by one class. She swallows hard and took in deep breaths in hopes of making her heart beat slower than her current walking pace.

Her heart races as the teacher in charge guides her to her class. What should I say? Will I be able to make friends? She got quite the attention when she passes by the class window followed by the rise in volume in the class, forcing the teacher inside to shout to shush them up.

"Ms Kim, this is your class from now on." hearing that, Yong Sun made a quick nod as she flash a big smile to the teacher beside her.

"Thank you, Ms Lee." she lightly bowed.

As she entered the class, the girls were staring in awe and some guys at the back were blowing kisses to the new girl, forcing another shout from the teacher.

"Class, as you can see we have a new student here. Introduce yourself please." the female teacher turned to face her as she faced the thirty students or so.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kim Yong Sun. I'm originally from Seoul but I moved her because of my father's job. Please take care of me well." She made a quick bow, earning claps and more blowing kisses from the same group of boys. 

"Okay thank you Yong Sun-ssi, now let's see. You shall sit beside Irene there. Irene? I'll leave this girl to you from now on."

"Yes, Ms Kang." Yong Sun walked to the empty seat beside the brunette.

"Hi, I'm Bae Joohyun but you can just call me Irene." They introduced themselves to each other and actually got along pretty well, making her heart scream in joy as she successfully made a new friend.

As she took her seat, the class continues, she didn't know anyone else besides Irene for now, maybe later she will attempt to know more people. 

It has already been few minutes into the class, but she has already gotten used to the class atmosphere. But as the teacher was talking halfway, Yong Sun almost jumped at the loud bang from the door being opened roughly which earned everyone's stare towards the entrance of the class. 

"Even on the first day of school you had to come in late don't you, Yul-ssi?" Yong Sun's eyes widened as she recognised the late boy. The boy just gave a short glance to the teacher and just continued walking, ignoring the teacher. The teacher then also went back to teaching, as if this was already a norm in the school.

"Who's he?" She whispered as she leaned towards Irene.

"Him? I don't think you should mess with him. He's Yul. One of the most popular guys in school.His fanbase is scary as heck." Yong Sun eyes him as he walked towards his seat at the back of the class. One of the popular guys, huh? That explains the cold attitude.

"Why does Ms Kang didn't bother too much about him?" She asked as she find it weird that the strict teacher didn't even bother saying much to the late student.

"Well, he's really good in his studies so teachers couldn't say much about him. After all, he's a genius. He skipped a year."

"Oh wow..." thats all she could say. 

To Yong Sun's surprise, Yul was the first person she knew that comes in late for class and will be the earliest to leave and yet, still get top grades. She felt a little envious, but who knows, maybe he has his own unique ways to study.

Whenever she comes to school, she sees Yul making his own grand entrance with the fancy black sports bike, taking off his helmet, revealing the messy brown hair that sent 90 percent of the girls to faint on the spot. Yul is one of the top scorers, top athletes, has good looks, charming smile and basically owns the whole 'perfect boyfriend' package. 

But something seems off about him. He has no friends, he spends his lunch time alone somewhere in the school that no one knows off. And there were a lot of rumours about him. Some groups said that he was the town's head gangster. He'll disappear by the time school ends and it'll be a miracle seeing him walking around town. Some said he will be handling his biker's gang after school to increase their territory or maybe even racing. 

Moon Yul. 

She finds that he's a very mysterious person.

Or maybe just another weirdo.

Class went on well for the week, not that she wanted any drama to revolve around her.

*************************************

New town, new stuff to explore. Her dad got her a mint coloured bicycle, which she thought to put it to good use by going around town. As she cycled around the small town, she noticed that maybe things aren't so bad here, the view is great and she even found a great cafe at the other end of town. 

She sat on the grass facing a river as she took a sip on her latte. She smiled as the bitterness is just the way she liked it. Just the right amount of milk and not too bitter. Her heart felt at peace as she felt the wind brushing her face as she plugged in her earphones, blasting it at full volume. Sure, it's so much different from the city she used to live in, but here, she could finally find the peaceful life she wanted.

"Yong Sun-ah, can you please do my homeworks for the week? I have yoga lessons to keep up to." she remembers how she used to do everything just to be able to fit in, but now that she got over it, she decides that in this new school, it's better to just blend in than to follow the popular people's tail.

"Him? Oh you shouldn't mess with him, he's one of the most popular boys in school. His fanbase is scary as heck."

Popular kids? Pfft.

Time passed as she reminises her past and before she knew it, she realised that she had fallen asleep only after being woken up by the sudden pour of rain, making her quickly gather her stuff up. She made a quick dash with her bag as a cover towards the nearby building for cover. 

She squeezed the end of her soaking wet shirt, questioning why and how she had slept. She checked her phone as well and let out a relieved sigh when it is still working fine.

The town darkened due to the heavy rain, and it's impossible to go back anytime soon. As she waited there, the building behind her lighted up, as if welcoming her to come in. She realised that the building was actually an old library and decides to stay in it until the rain stops.

The antique wooden door creaked as she pushed it open, the scent of strong lavender perfume mixed with the smell of old pages with a slight hint of vanilla towards the end rushed out to greet her. It's a strange scent indeed, but it was somewhat soothing and it actually made her warm for a moment, before coming to realise that she was still soaking wet and cold from the downpour.

She walked into the building, it was so quiet the only thing she could hear was the slow spinning fan at the counter well, other than the heavy rain outside.  

"Hi! How may I help you?" A women in her thirties with the warmest smile walked out from behind the counter. She gasped seeing the seaweed monster in front of her and immediately gave her a towel to help dry her out.

"Sorry, I'm just taking cover from the rain. I'll leave after the rain stops." She said as she hugged herself for warmth.

"Just stay here as long as you want, alright?" she smiled. Yong Sun smiled back as she tugged onto the baby blue towel, smelling the same scent of that when she enter. 

After successfully making herself look less like a seaweed monster, Yong Sun walked around the library to explore only to find out that the library was bigger than it actually looked with endless rows of book shelves. She find it really amusing when she saw that there is a reading spot beside a huge glass window that has the perfect view of the river that she was at earlier.

As her eyes wandered around, she spotted a young girl around her age sitting by the window, her blonde hair was tied into a low ponytail and she was staring into a distance, her brown eyes were clouded as if it beared the saddest thing in the world. The girl rested her elbow on her propped knee, the other leg was laid straight on the cushion. She looks at the sight of the river which was now flowing at a high speed due to the pouring rain.

The girl suddenly turned and their eyes met, which gave Yong Sun a jolt. 

"I noticed that you've been staring for quite a bit. How may I help you?" Yong Sun felt a sense of familiarity when she saw the face of the girl. She bears resemblance to...

"Yul?" the name slipped out, which made the girl's eyes widen a little, but she manage to remain cool.

"Yul?" she scoffed, as if Yong Sun had insulted her.

"I think you got the wrong person, miss. Now, if you may excuse me." she immediately took her black leather jacket off the spot she was sitting and left.

The girl left, although it was still pouring outside, which made Yong Sun felt that something was fishy or maybe she just like rain that much, huh? One part of her thought that maybe she shouldn't put much thoughts into this. She doesn't want to bring trouble to herself.

After the rain finally stopped for what it seemed like for hours, Yong Sun returned the towel, thanked the librarian and proceed to return home as it was already getting late.

But the image of the girl was still stuck in her mind. Yong Sun never forgets faces and she was so sure that the girl looked the same like Yul.

"Perhaps they're siblings." she thought as she cycled. 

One part of her feel like slapping herself for being too bold earlier. Why did she even do that?  

**********************************************

"AHCOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" this might be her hundredth sneeze. Thanks to her 'shower' the other day, now Yong Sun has gotten a mild flu. So much for exploring town. She's been holding up well in school, although she has this headache from time to time but it's still bearable. She prayed that she could hold up till end of school but during the second last period, Irene insisted that she shoud go to the infirmary to at least get some medicines or something.

Yong Sun didn't protest either, mainly beacuse she felt like her head was about to spilt into two, or maybe even more than that, who knows.

After swallowing two pills of paracetemol plus a 20 minute nap, she decided that shes all good enough to go back to class. But one part of her tells her that maybe it's a 'better' idea to stay till school ends. Her lips curved into a mischevious smile as she laid back down.

As she closes the curtain around her bed, she saw Yul walking in with his bag and immediately locked the door. Yong Sun panicked and instictively closes her curtain shut. Didn't he leave 10 minutes ago before I did? Why is he still here?

Yong Sun heard rustling sounds behind the curtain, carefully not to even breathe too loudly to conceal her presence. When she thought that the boy was being too quiet, she took a peek outside to see if he has already gone.

Her eyes widened as she couldn't believe what she had witnessed. Well, besides that she actually got to see the school's most popular guy's back and there's blonde hair flowing down from it? 

It wasn't a brown haired guy in front of her anymore. It was a blonde haired girl, the exact one she saw in the library. And Yul's figure is too slender to be of a guy's. This could only mean one thing.

"You're a girl?" the sudden statement startled the girl.   

The blonde tugged her white uniform close as her face flushed in red. 

OH. MY. GOSH. The school's most popular guy is a girl. What a joke. 

To her surprise, Yul began running towards her, and pushed her down, pinning her onto the bed.

"Spread a word and you'll be dead." he she said in a deep voice. Her eyes were casting dead glares but all Yong Sun sees was the tears forming at the bottom of her eyelids. She's scared.

Yong Sun nodded lightly as she stared at the girl. Yul let go of her and ruffled her hair in frustration.

"Follow me." She said as she swung her slingbag behind her back.

For some reason, Yong Sun followed obidiently although she actualy doesn't want to. But one part of her is interested and curious in this girl's life. Why is she crossdressing in school? Whatever is it there must be a reason behind it. And she's going to know it.

"What have I gotten myself into?" she took her own bag and ran out of the school with Yul.

 

 

HALLOOOO~~~

I'm new to all these writing stuff so if there's any errors feel free to correct me ^^

See ya in the next chapter! XD