BR: Revolution

Dare to Want, Dare to Reject

Ayeon drags her King by the arm. He seems to be accompanying her to this place unwillingly. "I thought we were going out to watch a movie... and then... you dragged me here."

"I'm not crazy, Bernie. I'm not. You need to see it for yourself. You need to see it with your own eyes to understand. I need you to be on my side. I'm not crazy."

The more she says she is not crazy, the more she sounds crazy. "I didn't say you were. I don't think you're crazy, okay? I just think you're a little confused and paranoid, that's all. We should be relaxing instead of doing all this... whatever it is you're trying to do."

"Just shut up and follow me, Bernie. Just one match."

"You're obsessing over them a little too much..."

"Shush, Bernie. Shush." Ayeon continues to drag the defeated Bernard towards the live audience box entrance. She had reserved the seats with the best view just for this match between Boys Republic and BEAST.

"Ayeon... you know..." He scratches his ear. "I still don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for..."

"Just watch."

---

Minsu steals a glance at his teammate... the one grumbling through his stomach. "You should've ate two bags of veggie chips instead of just one."

"Yeah... I kind of regret it now..." Wonjun rubs his poor tummy.

"Kind of regret having our legs glued to the floor, too." Sunwoo tries to lift one of his legs. No. No luck.

"At least the penalty isn't weapon lottery again. It got kind of boring."

"What are we supposed to do with our legs stuck like this? We can't move from this spot... all match long."

"Well... look at it this way... we can reserve our energy to do other things besides running around with the beasts chasing after our tails."

"Like... preparing ourselves to be extra tasty when they pounce on us like free food at a buffet?"

"This won't last very long, will it... not even through first quarter. Our queen is definitely happy right now."

"Can't see her face from here, but... I can definitely imagine a sinister smile on those scary thin lips of hers."

"She's creepy... like a doll."

"What's the losing King's punishment again?"

" piercings."

"Oooooo... she's definitely smiling then... definitely."

Unlike the last match against GOT7, having their weapon of choice banned, this match against BEAST is different. This time, they have it. Their weapon of choice. The power of teamwork... and a little something something on the side. As BEAST come in for the seemingly easy kill, the boys of Boys Republic link hands like little schoolboys standing in front of a campfire. "Thank goodness we're glued close together or this might not have worked." The blue shield goes up around them like a second dome. A dome within a dome. Minsu's impenetrable lock magnified a thousand times with the help of his teammates.

"I wonder if they'll manage to get through this giant blocker before first quarter ends."

"Probably not."

"Hey Minsu, how long can you keep it up?"

"With you guys stuck here with me... probably forever?"

Suwoong chuckles. "Nice."

How long do you boys plan to stall like this? You know what I want, boys... don't you...

"Aww crap... I can feel her weakening us. I think she's taking Sunwoo down first. Sungjun, Suwoong, cover him while I think of what to do next."

"Wonjun... she's never been like this before. She usually lets us do whatever we want in the first three quarters."

"Wow... she really wants this over and done with so she can watch the piercings... probably?"

"Now is not the time to be thinking about other things."

"... I think she's getting me next. She's filling 60% of my mind with bull crap. Oh my god... she's trying to traumatize me."

"Sungjun, hang in there. We should finish this then."

"Wonjun... do you mean... are we really going to..."

"We will finish this. All together. All together as one."

I know what you boys are thinking... you can't... you can't defy me. You are not strong enough to withstand my influence. Not as you are.

"Don't let her in too easily. Just think about the times we've spent together as a group. Performing on stage, eating out, spending quality time..."

"Like pulling pranks on each other?"

"Like drawing funky designs on the sleepyheads?"

"And sneaking out after curfew?"

"I still remember the time when we slid down the pole and I ended up landing in cat poop. Damn, my favorite shoes, too."

"At least you have new favorite shoes... the new magnetic sneakers?"

"Oh, yeah... those babies are safe."

"Suwoong, can you project our desires to break free? Break free from this metal dome, break free from society's expectations, break free from these mind games, break free from her control? Sungjun, Sunwoo, are you both still with us?"

What you boys plan to do, overthrow me... it won't work. You can't do it. I am the Queen. You will kill when I tell you to kill. You will die when I tell you to die. You obey me.

"Don't let her words get to you. It's time we grew up. It's time we became men. It's time... for our evolution. Suwoong?"

"I'm ready. I'm ready. Sunwoo and Sungjun, too. My friends. My brothers. They are all with me this time."

"We're all pulling a Suwoong this time, aren't we? Are you awake for this, Sungjun?"

"Wide awake, bro. Let's do this. Let's break free and kick some asses."

"Minsu, drop the shield."

"Sure thing, mister leader."

At last, it is time. They are ready. They have chosen to rebel... not as individuals, but as a whole. Together. When they are strongest. To disregard those words of suffocation. To stand up against their oppressors. To fight. To fight, not apart, but together... as one.

Power without justice is meaningless... but justice without power is equally meaningless. They have come to harness both. Her lips curve into a smile. The most genuine smile in years. Her dear boys have grown into fine specimens.

The BR Revolution... has finally begun. At last.