Pre-battle Skirmish

Dare to Want, Dare to Reject

Baek Ayeon, JYP's young starlet catches sight of the old opposing lady. Excellent timing. Bernard Park, her fellow teammate and King, spots the smirk... the smirk fortelling disaster. More for them than for the opposing team.

"Ayeon... don't. Don't do it. Save it for the match, will you? Haven't you had enough fun? She may be weak in battle mode but outside of that she's a veteran at—"

"Shut up, Bernie. I'm gonna get her this time. I'm definitely gonna get that old hag. With an ugly face and that mediocre voice, how the hell is she still afloat in this cutthroat industry?"

"Is there a right answer to this question?" The answer is no, Bernard. Whatever you answer, you will still be shoved aside because she is the Queen. She is the mind power behind the team. You cannot out talk her. And... as anticipated, Bernard is pushed out of the way. It is a grudge between women. He has no place in it.

Ayeon marches up to the little lone woman sitting in a dim corner enjoying her little cup of coffee. Ayeon slams her hand down against the coffee table, it splits in two, causing a scene, dragging them both into the spotlight. People are starting to whisper in the surrounding lounge area. "The strong ones usually possess a foul temper, don't they... I've noticed." "Nah... I've seen strong, badass, elegant Queens minus the temper." "Who?" "CL? Taeyeon? They're strong, but they don't go around causing a ruckus."

"You got some nerves challenging me again, old hag." Ancient fires re-ignite as old hatred floods through open doors.

Cyndi Wang Xinling, also known as "old hag" to a few, sighs while returning her coffee cup to where the coffee table should have been... before it was broken by youthful rage.

Upon release, the coffee cup sits perfectly still in midair as if the table was still there supporting it. "Me... challenge you? All your life... has it not always been the other way around?" Cyndi seems to be pushing all the red buttons at once. "Besides... I leave the unimportant matters of issuing and accepting challenges to my sponsor. If you have concerns, please take it to Veelah Entertainment. You are barking up the wrong tree here."

"Like I can talk to them seriously." Ayeon scoffs. "Your sponsor is out of their damn mind... continuing to back a failed team? Your losing streaks are one of the worst in the league."

 "Ho ho ho... you seem to have great interest in my team. Or... perhaps an individual on my team..." Cyndi pushes the biggest red button of them all. Her cold, straight face betrays nothing though.

Ayeon turns beet red. How can she lose to this loser? What does she lack compared to this little Taiwanese ? Why had she been rejected... for this woman?

He will never be yours. He is my King. Mine. Cyndi's bright eyes send the telepathic message, brilliant and clear, piercing through layers of skin and bones, stopping right outside the heart. Taunting. Provoking the beast within.

Why? Why did he choose to be the King of such a Queen? Ayeon retrieves the hunting knife from her loose sleeve. Her pride is wounded... wounded beyond repair. She is willing to die with this woman. She is willing to take them both to hell.

"Please, Ayeon..." Cyndi seems extra courteous with her sweet voice... now that a sharp object is on display. "Put that thing away before you hurt yourself." Or not.

"Okay ladies... back to your corners." And in walks the object of their mental battle, the much desired Kim Jaejoong, Cyndi's current King.

"Oh, so you finally decided to come out of the room? Ayeon and I were just thinking about you."

"Is that so..." He hooks Cyndi's arm and yanks her up to her feet most forcefully. Cyndi's concentration breaks for a split second and the coffee cup crashes. "That is both very sweet of you. I have made a quick recovery as usual."

Cyndi looks up at Jaejoong with a knowing smile. "No... not that kind of thinking, Jae."

"Okkkkayyyy... I am very sorry for the disturbance here. Please accept my deepest apologies." He addresses everyone in the surrounding lounge area including Ayeon and Bernard, their next opponents. "We must get going to prepare... prepare... yes. For the next match." He pulls Cyndi closer and whispers. "The boys are assembled and waiting, Cyn... prep talk, remember?" The little woman seems to be quite unconcerned about the situation.

"Yes... right..."

Jaejoong tosses his Queen over his shoulder and the crowd parts like the Red Sea to make way. Kim Jaejoong may be a King for a lousy team, but he still has some power in his corner. His concert sales and album sales speak for themselves. Cyndi props her head up with a hand while being carried away. "Mmhmm... look who's over doing it now..." She pats his back with her free hand. "You know you still haven't fully recovered from the penalty round. Tossing me over your shoulder like a sack of rice... trying to prove something here?"

"This is nothing compared to what you've been up to, Cyn. What is wrong with you? Picking a fight with Ayeon again right before a battle?" He gives her thigh a hard pinch for causing unnecessary disturbance.

Cyndi returns the favor with a harder pinch to his neck. "I want to see how well she can perform with that messy rage sprouting all over the place. You know she's crazy in love with you, right?"

"Should I be sad that this fact doesn't bother you... at all?"

"Why should it bother me? You're mine and I'm yours."

Jaejoong is feeling extra down. Great. Just before a match. "You don't understand it at all... but it's not like I can make you understand when you choose not to."