The Game of Minds

Dare to Want, Dare to Reject

"There is no greater enemy than oneself." Cyndi chuckles while gazing at her static reflection in the full-length mirror. Her Little Woong did quite well... quite well, to be sure.

"You seem like you're in an extra good mood, Cyn." Jaejoong lifts her hair and ties it up into a ponytail.

"Today is a beautiful day. A certainty that cannot be rattled. Now, I leave the rest of the prepping to you, Jae. I have a concert rehearsal in five." She re-adjusts the ring on her index finger and vanishes into thin air. He can feel her hair retreating like ocean waves, trying to pull him with it. As much as he wishes to go with her, he must stay here. Because here... here is where he now belongs.

---

"!!" Sungjun flips a table... the empty one not holding the snacks and drinks. "How did we all end up in the same sinking boat? What the hell did we do wrong?"

They are all back in the waiting room. Minsu goes to unlock the door. Has his impenetrable lock been jimmied? Nope.

"We'll have to spend some time reflecting after this live performance and that GOT7 match... don't need her chasing us with that ing chainsaw again." The boys give their leader the wide eye look like... why the hell does he have to mention it? "I'm serious. I'm ing serious. You all may have somehow wiped that event out of your memories, but I will always remember it like a damn nightmare."

"Oh my god... I can't believe we're afraid of that little woman."

"You know our y Queen can ing tear our minds to shreds without even lifting a finger, right? We should all be thankful she enjoys exercising with various deadly weapons instead."

"Sunwoo has a point. She's definitely capable of that... since we did swear allegiance to her and all."

"Suwoong... you seem extremely quiet. Perhaps... are you—"

"I have nothing to say." Maybe he finally got some sense knocked into him... maybe...

"We should all follow Suwoong's example and start the reflection right now. The sooner, the better."

The loud knock on the door informs them they are up in ten minutes.

"Okay, okay. Let's push all this into a little corner somewhere and get ready for our performance. We ready?"

"We're definitely doing it right."

"Of course, of course."

"Sungjun... you still sleepy?"

"No." After the little table flipping episode... definitely a no.

"Right now, we're a little lacking in self-respect, aren't we... our image will suffer."

"Can it be helped? We've sworn to follow our Queen, and in doing so, lost our ability to choose the path." Minsu tosses the navy blue jacket to Wonjun before securing a beanie hat on his head.

"Maybe one day... one day things will change and we'll be able to stand up to our y Queen and stand up for ourselves." Sunwoo slips on his grey cotton trench coat and heads directly for the door.

"But not today, boys... not today. We got plenty of other things to do today. Those thoughts will have to wait. Definitely after the period of reflection. Definitely." Wonjun buttons up his jacket and follows Sunwoo out.

Sungjun hooks his arm around the back of Suwoong's neck. Another choking session about to start? Nope. "Well... when the day comes when we all pull a Suwoong stunt, I'll surely be wide awake for it."

That day of revolution... it will surely come... sooner than they think.

---

The members of GOT7 shimmer away, heading out for a quick radio recording before their battle against Boys Republic, leaving their King and Queen alone again in the large, well-furnished room.

"The boys didn't question you, but they will put forth extra effort to cover for any unforeseen weaknesses that may arise during the fight. Ayeon... you need to answer me honestly. How are you feeling?"

"Better. I seem to have calmed down a great deal after the prep talk. That old hag... she must be playing mind games with me outside the match. What a dirty tactic."

"Does that not prove she wishes to win against us? Then your theory about their intentional losses... that must stem from the mind games, too."

"Bernie... I cannot say that with absolute certainty. After our match, I will report this and have the directors search for any suspicious activities. Since she's full of bull, We'll have the boys interrogated. If they're up to something, we'll know."

"It sounds like a nice, unnecessary plan... but how are you getting the directors to open up an investigation based on a hunch?"

"What? Do you doubt my connections in the higher circles?"