All the Prep Talk and...

Dare to Want, Dare to Reject

"She calls for us and then she goes off somewhere else...?" Sungjun is tying big knots in the curtain drapes. Anything to keep his hands busy because he is about to fall asleep standing. It is supposed to be his thirty minute nap time right now.

"Typical... typical... the universe revolves around her schedule and we just happen to be puny particles floating in that universe."

"There's probably a universe within a universe which defeats the purpose of calling it a universe."

"And what does that have anything to do with anything?"

The boys are restless. Knowing they are up against GOT7 again only to lose. Having to wait for their Queen while nothing good is keeping their minds busy. It is slightly nerve-racking. She has a way of scaring them out of their wits... not because she is scary or anything... it is just... they have no way of telling when she is seriously being serious.

"Hey Dabin..."

"It's Sunwoo, dammit. You're doing this on purpose, aren't you..."

"Anything to keep me awake, bro." Sungjun swings the knotty curtains. "Is the recording of Suwoong safe? You didn't accidentally delete it or anything, right?"

"I really hope she forgets about it." Suwoong does a little whining on cue. "I mean... we're going to go out there today and lose for her, right? So she should forgive and forget."

"I doubt she's going to forget. She takes your rebellion more seriously than she does our actual battles. She's totally hung up on controlling us to the very end."

"It's not like I wanted to disobey her command during our match against BTOB. It just... you know... happened. I felt really sick. Sick of being restrained when I want to detonate like a bomb. I had that big jerk within my grasp. I freaking disarmed his sorry , the least she could do is let me have a taste of his blood. God, I wanted to sink my fingers into his guts and just yank all the—"

"You think we don't feel like that sometimes? You need to be able to control those urges. Curb it." Wonjun has felt the same need arise more often than not, but he has successfully stomped it out time and time again without fail. For the team. It is all for the sake of the team. As their leader, he must set the example.

"What we can do is put forth our best, put out the strongest performance we can while still remaining within the limit." Minsu has a seemingly fair grip on their situation. They are a team. They must always move towards their goal as one. Not outside the boundaries... but inside. The biggest war, the most violent struggle is always inside.

"Under-rated for life, man. Remember that. Under-rated for life." Sungjun is still slightly bitter over losing to his friends... the friends he had trained with back when he was still a JYP trainee. Well... at least this talk has kept him awake. At least.

"Isn't it fine to reach out for what we want once in a while? How come she punishes me for every little thing I do?" Suwoong still has the energy to whine. That is good. He still has energy.

"Do you need a little reminder, Suwoong? She's a sadistic in disguise." Sunwoo is not afraid of calling her a ... so long as she is not present in the room.

"She's not even in disguise." Not anymore.

"All right, boys... these talks... we better put a stop here. If she comes in—"

"What talk am I not supposed to hear, hmm?" She drops in quite unexpectedly on their light discussion. They did not even hear the door open. So stealthy. The boys stand erect in their positions from eldest to youngest as their King follows their Queen into the room and locks the door behind him.

"Big Sis. Big Bro." The usual greeting.

"At ease. Now, Wonjun, speak." The usual response.

Wonjun's ability to think on his toes makes him the best candidate to explain the situation in the most coherent manner. "Suwoong has accepted his wrong. We will not allow our personal urges to affect our teamwork. We will put forth our best effort in this upcoming match and abide to your instructions."

The metal bracelets on her wrist clack loudly as she crosses the room to closely observe them. How come the bracelets did not make a sound upon her entrance? They seem only to exist when she wishes them to exist. To make a sound only when she wants them to make a sound. "Are you telling me you have not put forth your best effort in the past? Is this the reason why Little Woong deviated from the group in the last battle? If so, you are all equally at fault." Guilty.

Oh... ... they are all in the boiling cauldron now...

"You understand me, don't you? My team is one entity. We rise and fall together. The bond must remain... in any given situation. Of course, I will be take my punishment as will your big brother." She turns to Jaejoong with a thrilled, slightly sinister look in her eyes. "Won't you, dearest..."

What... she wants him to join her in this little lesson on top of all the official penalties? Good god... sure, he has the highest tolerance, but...

"Now that you all understand what I am expecting... come give me a kiss before I dismiss you. I will assume you already know when to return for battle."

Is she dismissing them because she knows they have a music show to get back to? Probably just a coincidence, right? Probably.