The Battle of Dreams

Dare to Want, Dare to Reject

The platform supporting Boys Republic rumbles, rapidly descending into the dome where their opponents are comfortably situated, waiting. 

"I knew it... I just knew this would happen." Sungjun waves his utensil of death in the air. "I get the damn spork again."

"But this time, it's not plastic. Shouldn't you be thankful?"

"It's wooden. You can give them hellish splinters now, isn't that great?"

Misplaced. The light, playful atmosphere seems unusually natural... especially when they are about to enter battle mode... especially when they are about to lose the fight for their sadistic Queen. But, then again, that does not mean they must give up the fun. Losing comes at the end, after all. What happens at the beginning and middle... is left all up to them.

This is an opportunity to play, boys. You mustn't let it go to waste. As their platform reaches the end of the track, their queen arrives in all her grand, unnerving calmness. With her throne suspended in mid-air just outside the black metal dome on their side, and the obnoxious-looking gold goggles on her head, she is ready... to cause more than just a little disturbance by simply existing.

The lights go out... to increase heart rates... to instill pre-battle fears... to set the stage for what is to come. Idol Battle Dome. Season 9.

The lights return. The boys of Boys Republic have seemingly vanished from the platform in which they stood upon before the darkness. GOT7 members raise their heads to spot their opponents hanging from the top of the dome. Wonjun, with one arm hooking the the dome bar like a monkey. Sunwoo, with both arms resting like a heavy latch through the cage. Sungjun and Suwoong are swinging upside down with legs bent at the knees. Sungjun has his deadly spork in his mouth while playing pat-a-cake with Suwoong. Minsu seems to be the only one dangling naturally with his two hands gripping the bars... probably because his injured head prevents him from swinging upside down right now. Damn that witch. He wants to hang upside down, too, and join in on a three-way pat-a-cake. Damn that witch to hell.

"What the are they doing up there? Is this some kind of new technique?" One of the GOT7 boys sends the question to their leader.

What are you doing, JB? Get them down from there and take full control of the playing field.

"Get down from there and let's dance." JB extends a hand in a courteous invitation.

"No. You can't tell us what to do. You're not our Queen Mother." Wonjun switches arms as well as any monkey in any tree.

"We don't want to dance with you. Also, Minsu's not feeling so well, so dancing is out of the question."

"Hey, don't use me as an excuse. I can dance perfectly fine in my condition. I just don't feel like it, that's all."

"We'll just avoid you seven dotties for the first quarter or two. Don't mind us. We'll just be hanging up here and out of the way."

JB signals for the group to be on their guard. "Damn, these clowns."

Entertainment at its best.

"If you won't be coming down, don't blame us for coming up."

"Oh... hmm... maybe we were being too optimistic, hoping they would just leave us alone for a while. You know... with Minsu being beaten up by a girl and all... he needs some more time to recover mentally. They don't seem to understand this."

"They're inhuman, unfeeling creatures."

Provoke them some more and observe. I want to see it. Where they are now... GOT7, under such a Queen. Where are they now compared to you, my dear boys.

"All they can do is follow orders, you know... Queen says kill and they got to kill. Queen says die and they got to die."

"Isn't that the same for us?"

"Hmm... I wonder. Should it be?"

"Enough!" JB lifts his hand and draw a horizontal line in the air. It burns bright while bubbling, expanding like white foam.

"Oh, look... he can draw a soap trail."

"No, Sungjun... that's not a soap trail. That's an explosive technique. Disperse everyone. Every man for himself!"

JB's acidic line makes contact with the metal frame on top, forcing the boys to scatter and sparks to rain down.

Suwoong's laughter rings as he crawls around like Spiderman with his magnetic footwear, a gift from the weapon lottery.

"I'm dying right now. I love these new shoes so much. I really want a pair of my own after all this." Suwoong continues to laugh away... to their opponent's utmost dismay.

"Damn... I want those shoes, too. I want to slink around like Spiderman."

"We already know that, Wonjun. You told everyone you wanted to be Spiderman during our Video Game promotion, remember?"

Sungjun pops up behind JB while the rest of GOT7 are chasing the other Boys Evasiveness. "Knock, Knock." Sungjun sends a surprise by tapping his wooden spork on JB's head. "Is JR in there? Is he? Sounds kind of hollow."

"Damn you, Sungjun! It's JB! It's ing JB!" JB turns and grabs air.

Too slow. "Huhuhuhu, is it now? JB like in... Jelly and Butter? Jesse Belle? Juicy Box?"

"Jaguar Bong!" Wonjun shouts his suggestion while monkey bar-ing away from his pursuer.

"Jelly Bean!" Suwoong ducks out of the way of an incoming sickle chain.

"Jesus Christ, Suwoong! You moved out of the way on purpose so it would come directly at me." Sunwoo experiences a near death... but thanks to his fluffy pillow, a gift from the weapon lottery, he is perfectly okay.

"Sunwoo... that's not JB... that's JC..."

"Fine! JAMES BOND!"