Match Introduction

Dare to Want, Dare to Reject

"Goddammit! I swear, she did it on purpose! Next time I see her, I'm going to rip her... gah!" Minsu cradles his head. Although the seven centimeter cut on his head has healed up nicely in a matter of minutes, the pain still lingers inconsiderately.

"Next time it happens, Minsu, you will smile like a gentleman and do nothing as usual. We are not out to cause trouble above ground. All the fighting should be reserve for underground." Onejunn eases his injured teammate into a sitting position. They are waiting for the introductions to finish up before entering the dome.

"Just our luck, having Minsu down fifty percent. Maybe we should have him sit out on this one. I mean... four against seven instead of five against seven... how much difference would it make?" Sungjun coughs.

"I'm not bailing out at the last second, buddy. We're all in this together. Remember that? I want to be out there with you guys. Up on the stage, down in the dome, that's where I belong... together with you guys."

"One second he wants to rip some girl up, and then the next, he's spouting mushy stuff from his ears. It's giving me the shivers... I can't believe I dorm with this guy."

"Minsu is a cool, peace loving guy, but he's water and has a boiling point, too."

"You mean... human?"

"We'll just make sure to keep him far, far away from Dahye... as far away as humanly possible when we next brush up with BESTie."

"You better keep that evil girl away from me. She's always out to get me! Like a witch... a crazy witch!" His head is doing that bang bang thing again. Dammit. It hurts like hell.

"Maybe Dahye has a little crush on you? Because some girls resort to acts of violence on their crush to convey their affections and you know..."

"Don't throw that bull crap at me, Sunwoo. Just don't."

"No, no... Sunwoo has a point. I saw it on National Geography a few times."

They all stare at their leader. A lot of eye-rolling going on in the waiting pen. Wonjun is cracking jokes again... animal kingdom jokes... oh god. Do they really need this right now?

Since GOT7's "Fly" comeback has garnered much love from the world with three music show wins and over ten million views on YouTube, they will be given use of their personal effects along with...

"God, I hate introductions... they're so damn long. Why are they so damn long? No wonder no one watches the beginning. Why do they still need to do the introduction with no one watching?"

"It's more of a tradition... probably..."

"At least they didn't mention—"

Boys Republic's "Get Down" comeback appears to appeal to the younger generation through explicit violence, but they have endured struggles upon struggles bringing their music video's YouTube viewership to half a million... since their debut three years ago, they have yet to win a music show unlike BTS debuting around the same time...

"Yep. There it is."

"Just rub it in our faces some more, why don't you, mister MC guy. Why are we always compared to BTS?"

"Maybe because we both have 'Boys' in our group name?"

"I doubt it. They're just finding ways to drag us down."

"How much lower can we possibly go?"

"I think MC guy just doesn't know... half a million is pretty good compared to our other comebacks. We are totally improving."

Since the members of Boys Republic have been struggling to keep their footing above ground in the idol world, why don't we give them a little more struggle underground in the Idol Battle Dome? During today's match against GOT7, their original effects of preference will be banned from entering the dome. Their new equipment will be chosen through a wild, unpredictable lottery...

"The weapon lottery thing again? Aren't people getting bored of that already?" Suwoong is hopeful.

"I just hope I don't get the spork again. God... it wasn't even made of metal. I mean... what am I supposed to do with a plastic spork? Stab it so deep that it gives my opponent plastic poisoning?"

"What? Plastic poisoning?"

"Hey... at least the spork has pointy thingies coming out of it. I was given a roll of dental floss and became a tooth fairy."

"I don't see why you're complaining. It's just you don't know how to use dental floss to perform lethal maneuvers. I know of ten ways you can apply dental floss to the deadly arts. That's your own fault."

"Well... I know plenty of ways you can make a spork deadly. After passing through my hand, it will be known throughout the world as The Spork of Hell."

"You two... shut up already. We're about to go out there and do the weapon lottery..."