005

거울 [THE MIRROR]

*flashback*
“Jini-ah! Yang Jini!” The girls squealed. Jini blinked and ran to the window. As she went out,
“Yang Jini! SARANGHAE!” A big love was drawn on the field.
Jini widened her eyes and covered her face in embarrassment, trying to get out from the scene. As she was about to go, “EVERYONE STOP YANG JINI FROM GOING!” The guy shouted.

“Omgee Jini-ah you’re so lucky having such a guy to confess.”
“Heol, such a cutie!”
“Yah Yang Jini accept him!” Jini blinked and turned to the guy.

The guy smiled at her and Jini smiled back.
*end of flashback*

“Whoots President Yang Yena, please receive a word of congrats from the ex-president.” Jini nudged Yena, the new school president which was her one and only friend that she trusts in school. Yena laughed and linked arms with Jini. Jini and Yena had been friends since primary school, even before Jini met Yibyeol and Eunmyeong. Sharing the same surname, they were known as the ‘Yang Chingu’ in their school.

Both of them were sitting at the bench in the school’s garden sharing the same earphone, listening to the same music through Yena’s phone. “Anyway Yena-ah, do you want to go to Yibyeol unnie’s house today?” Jini asked excitedly. “Yibyeol unnie? Aren’t her house very far from here?” Yena gave Jini the heol-are-you-serious expression. Jini chuckled and shook her head. “She moved. Besides that I want to show you somethi-” The music stopped as someone was calling Yena. Forgetting Jini still has the earphone plugged inside her ears, she picked it up.

:My precious Yena-ah~

Jini held her breathe as she heard the voice. Yena widened her eyes and pulled the earphone from Jini.

:Yena? Yena-ah?

:Oppa, I’ll call you back later.

Yena hung the phone up and turned to Jini. “Is that..Ken?” Jini asked, looking directly at Yena’s eyes. “Jini-ah, it’s…it’s not what it seems.” Yena shook her head. “This is just a misunderstanding.” Yena said again.

“I always thought you hate him.”
“Yes I do-”
“I always thought you hate hearing his voice.”
“I did-”
“And I always thought he’s the only one who’s a jerk.” Jini teared up. She stood up and was about to leave. Before she can leave, Yena shouted. “You thought you’re the only one that’s suffering right now?” Jini turned around.

“After all this years, I have always been the girl who’s known as the Yang Jini’s shadow. Do you even know how it feels? It hurts, like seriously. Can only be the shadow of someone and will never be the shining one. You get that? You never know Jini-ah, you never. Have you even consider my thought whenever you do something? Obviously, no. I’m sick of it, like very sick of it.” Yena teared up and looked down. Jini went to her and was about to comfort her, but Yena looked up to Jini, she glared at her and smirked.

“How does it feel now? Being stab from behind? It right? Well, you deserve it Yang Jini.” Jini slapped her right at her face but oops, wrong timing, the teacher saw her. “YANG JINI!” The teacher ran to both of them, with Yena helding her cheeks with her palm while crying and Jini just stood there, glaring at Yena.

Jini was brought home by her aunt as she was suspended from school for 3 days. As her aunt and herself went inside the house, her aunt let out a big sigh. “Yang Jini. I thought I we talked about this.” Her aunt spoke up. “Not today aunt. I had gone true a lot today.” Jini took off her shoes and was heading to the stairs. “Not yet, Yang Jini. Don’t you remember your promise with your parents?” Jini stopped. “Do you think your mom will like it knowing you dyed your hair, showing off your legs like a and-” “AUNT!” Jini shouted.

Just right at that time, Jini’s brother went back from school and went inside the house. “HOW DARE YOU SHOUTED AT ME?” Her aunt shouted back. “YOU MAKE ME DO THIS.” Jini shouted and went towards her aunt. “Showing my legs like a ? I thought you’re one of them in the past?” Jini looked directly into her aunt eyes. “YANG JINI!” Yoseob, her brother shouted. Her aunt slapped Jini right at the face. Jini teared up even more. “I HATE MY LIFE!” She shouted and ran outside. “Yang Jini!” Yoseob shouted. “Aunt, take a rest, I’ll go and find her.”