Rescue mission

I've seen the rain

That evening was immensely quiet. Even Ken and N barely said anything. They were eating their dinner in silence. The meal wasn't big, as Leo hadn't been in the mood to prepare something big. Suddenly, the sound of someone knocking on their door reached their ears. 
"I'll get it." N said. He got up and walked towards the door. As he opened the door, he found that no one was standing there. He was about to close the door, when his eyes dropped to the floor to see a small box. N dreaded the content of the box, but he couldn't just leave it.
"What is it?" Ken asked, genuine curiosity written on his face.
"I don't know. Let's open it." The leader said. And they did. The box contained a small letter, and a photo. 

"If you bring the police, I will slit their throats one by one. Be here by tomorrow evening." Ken read the letter. 
"Be where?" Leo asked. He grabbed the photo, hoping for some help.
"I know that place. It's an abandoned warehouse at the outskirts of town." N said. 
"And how do you know an abandoned warehouse at the outskirts of town?" Ken asked, trying to lighten the mood slightly. It didn't help. The picture showed a big, old and haunted-looking warehouse. 
'That place is haunted for sure.' N thought, but kept the thoughts to himself.


The next 24 hours were the longest 24 hours in the three boys' lives. They didn't know what would happen if they got there earlier than they should. Around 6pm, the got in a car and drove towards the abandoned warehouse. They weren't scared. They couldn't afford to be. Their loved ones were in danger, and being scared weren't going to help anyone. 
"How do we do this?" Ken asked, looking at his hyungs.
"I don't know. Do we just waltz in and get the others?" N asked.
"They're obviously waiting for us, and they want something. That much is clear." Leo said. 
"I guess we don't have much of a choice. Let's just go in, but stay together." N said. They looked at each other before taking the first steps towards the abandoned building. The walked down a few corridors. Suddenly, N and Leo were startled by a loud noise.
"HELLO?" Ken yelled. But no one was on the other side. N and Leo gave him angry looks.
"What? They'll know we're here anyway." Ken defended himself. They continued walking, until they reached two crossing corridor. 
"Okay, there's three corridors. Which way do we go?" N asked. In the same moment, something down the left corridor caught his eye. He ran down and picked it up. It was a framed picture of Ravi. He looked back at the others, realizing that they too, where sitting down by each oth the corridors, holding a picture of Hyuk and Hongbin. 
"You realize what this means right?" N asked, gaining their attention. 
"We're splitting up, right. It obvious that Ravi is in that direction." Ken said, pointing at N. 
"And Hongbin is down that corridor." He said pointing at the corridor that Leo stood at.
"Which means that Hyukkie is down this corridor." Ken said, looking behind him, down the dark corridor.
"I guess we are splitting up then." N said.
"Stay safe." Leo said, before turning and walking down the corridor with fast paced steps. N and Ken gave each other one last reassuring look before also turning their backs against each other and walking away.
----------------
An: Sorry for the irregular and short updates. I'm not really in the mood to be writing at the moment. 
On a lighter note, have you heard vixx's new comeback? I really like it. Not as much as I like error or eternity, but I think it's good. And have you seen bts' comeback, young forever. I think it's really good, and the lyrics are so deep. Please subscribe, vote and comment❤.