The third

I've seen the rain

It was dark outside. N and Ravi sat on N's bed, talking. 
"Hyung, it's half past 2. Shouldn't we go to bed?" Ravi asked.
"Okay." N said. Ravi stood up and was about to walk to his own room when N stopped him.
"Can't you sleep in here? Just for tonight?" The leader asked. 
"Okay, I will." Ravi answered, laying down next to the leader. 

The next morning, Hakyeon woke up to the smell of something extremely sweet.
'Has Hyuk bought something stupid again?' He thought, smiling to himself. Then the events of the last few days entered his mind, and he realized he had experienced that smell before, just a day or two ago. 
"No." He whispered, his eyes still closed. He reached out on the bed beside him. Empty. Finally, he opened his eyes. The bed was indeed empty. The sweet smell seemed to come from a piece of cloth left on the floor. A small note was placed neatly on the bed, almost begging to be read.

Hiding doesn't save anyone. Now the game is starting.

Hakyeon dropped the note to the floor, realizing that his worst fear had come true. Ravi was gone. Half the group had disappeared within a few days. 

"What could this mean?" Ken asked, referring to the note that N had just shown him and Leo.
"I think I know. This person isn't after money. Think about it. We have each had someone kidnapped. Ken and Hyuk, Leo and Hongbin, and me and Ravi. Isn't it obvious? He's got the bait. Now he's waiting for the real prey." N said. Leo and Ken looked at each other.
"You think this guy kidnapped the others to get to us?" Ken asked. N nodded.
"But what do we do then?" Leo asked.
"I don't know. We don't know exactly what he wants, and we don't know where he's holding them." The leader answered.
"So there's not much we can do?" Ken asked, disappointment written all over his face.
"For the time being, I think we should put our faith in the police. It is their job after all." N said. But he simply didn't know what to do. It wasn't because he was afraid of what would happen. Nothing could be worse than this emptiness he was feeling. 
-------------
An: I know, I know. It's short. But I really wanted to post something, anything. I can't promise when the next chapter is up, but I still have some personal stuff I need to sort out somehow. Please subscribe, vote and comment, it gives me a lot of hope ❤️