[20]

The Constellation of Unclassified Stars

 

(xx.there is no peace in their heaven)

| We are all just stars after all, bounded to those who create and destroy us, all at once |

 

 

When his older cousin of his told him in middle school how there will be so many things that happened in high school which doesn't make sense, he didn't think that it would happen by the end of the first week. Everything went a breeze for him for the last few days, except for rumors and gossips which have been thrown all over the place regarding bad bloods, crushes and even the case of social standings. Cliques have been formed on their own and Seokmin couldn't bother but to be the so called ordinaries with a mix group of friends, some who just not want to be left out and the others who could care less about fitting in.

Smiling in relief, he likes the place where he is standing. 

"To think that you are one of the normal ones. Yet I get to see you smiling while someone is getting bullied.'' Ten's voice rings like a bad alarm and Seokmin just wants to smack his face to the floor because he completely forgot what he was supposed to be focusing on.

Wavy brown hair. A protective stance. Violent whispers and crowds gathering. Soojung no longer sitting with beet red ears, seemingly about to lose her fuse. Jongin with a head buried to his heart. Baekhyun looking amused and almost devious. His eyes quickly search for Seulgi, earbuds plugged and worlds away from the reality they are struggling to survive.

"She likes to play heroes, that girl." mumbles Ten bedgrudgingly, popping a gum so nonchalant to the whole situation. Seokmin turns to look at him, watching him begin to gnaw unto his thumb almost obsessingly. "It's a bad habit of hers to meddle into other's business."

His misdirected concern begins to tick him, ignorant to the real center of humiliation; Kim Jongin himself. As a bystander, he should be decent enough to not sound that heartless. "What's wrong in standing up for someone that is cornered like that? Soojung should be the least of your worries in this situation."

Scoffing, his eyes only skips to him for a moment before slipping back to Soojung again cautiously, exchanging words and debating a heated argument with the said bully. "You don't know her like I do-." Even with the brusque way he said it, Seokmin feels a sting from his words. He turns to Seungwan who sits on her right while Ten sits on his left. She only gives him a reassuring smile, as if telling him that they  all should see what Soojung meant by doing this. "-and my concerns are reserved for her only."

It makes his head spins to Ten, who remains unbothered by his questioning and enstranged gazes. Soojung would have never believed them if they ever told her of this side of Ten.

"Did you attend the same school as her?" Seulgi's sudden interruption into their conversations surprised them more than it should as it seems that she has been listening to everything all this time, talking even with earbuds plugged in. Wonwoo sitting on her left still looks at everything with an instill amount of disinterest. The only difference is that his focus is now on Seulgi. Seulgi's right side is vacant with its occupant becoming the center of everyone's universe right now. "Did that get her in trouble?" The worry begins to show now in her raising voice, tapping fingers and serious eyes and Seokmin can almost feel that Seulgi is about to rise and  cause an even more of a ruckus. 

Ten is faster than her reflex as he presses her hand to the table firmly, which earns a wild glare from her. He doesn't relent.  "Don't meddle in. Let her be." He assures calmly, studying her expressions that is bulging out with sudden fervor of adrenaline. "I think you know better what would happen if you stand up for her." 

The table falls eerily silent even amongst the sound of Baekhyun and Soojung arguing endlessly as the whole cafetaria has fallen in a trance and whispers. Seulgi slowly sits back and it is known to them that the image Seulgi puts up is not wholly pleasant to the eyes. He has heard of some girls gossipping and making rumours behind her back that she is some deliquent back in her school. Another rumour has even started that she had taken a boyfriend of her friend in middle school. It sickens him how these cruel and untruthful statements can just be created from the core of someone's jealousy. From the first day of school, Seulgi has been swept along casual talks amongst boys in his class with other beautiful girls that have entered their school. Funny thing is how they were already intimidated by her without even approaching her first when questions were bombarded at him at how he managed to become friends with someone so fierce and beautiful.

"I know you are sociable, but to think you manage to be friends with her?!"

"Well, that's Seokmin for you!"

"You should introduce her to us sometimes since you said that she's nice. Because honestly, she doesn't look like it."

Amongst their rising mood and cheery laughs, Seokmin also noticed the envious eyes and harsh whispers coming from the girls around him whose skirts they have shortened and buttons all loose. He hates to generalize, but some of the girls that gossip about her are the troublesome kinds who have began to pick on the smart ones. There are those who look normal with vicious tongues which spread hate in an implicit way. 

Their fight is saved by the bell as it rings continuously. Baekhyun leaves first with a fiery glare that doesn't leave her eyes until he is completely out of her sight. Seokmin couldn't tell the look on Soojung's face, but he could see her firm stature standing without a budge while holding Baekhyun's glare. Kim Jongin raises his head and bows to her, which earns a laugh and a pat in the back from Soojung. They seem to be talking for a while before walking together.

"Ten, Seungwan, let's go to class!" She calls cheerily as if she didn't just spend over 15 minutes arguing with the notorious bully in his middle school. Seokmin looks at Ten who gets up, not before grunting and messing his hair.

He doesn't need to look at Seungwan to know that she is worried. He is not sure how the world will see Jung Soojung now besides the aloof and calm beauty of their year. But for sure, ever since that event, something will change.

 

"Aren't your scalp dying?"

"You're going to get bald at this point."

"By the way, what club are you joining in?"

"Why are you following me and why are you even talking to me?" After a futile attempt of ignoring Wonwoo's ramblings and all the pitiful stares directed at him, she finally snaps. Her head has been clouded by what happened at the cafetaria and Ten's words that are all nothing but truth. A sigh billows out of her lips. She shouldn't be snapping to him like this. "I'm sorry, what were you talking about?"

They keep walking but now, Seulgi is looking at him, waiting for his answer.

"It's not like you to be so soft with me. Just be normal," Wonwoo gives her a ridiculing gaze, and a pinch he deserves makes him yelp. "That's more like it. Don't make it weird."

She rolls her eyes for the millionth time she has always been with him. "To think you'd prefer us fighting is nuts. Guess you are not completely right in the head. Well, most smart people are like that I guess. Is that your kink?"

"What a vulgar way of talking, especially for a girl!" he smacks his hands to his face, unable to believe the words coming out of . Does Seulgi even see him as a man? Is he just a mere rock for her? Wonwoo begs God forgiveness for all the ty deeds he has done to her for making her see him in such light.

She clicks on her tongue, crossed arms and heat rising to her neck at the spontaneous words that came out of . "You're just a prude, 'guess all you do is studying out there."

Irritated, he pulls on her hair, tied like a ponytail, and it is back to them bickering and fighting non-stop, not caring other's stares, some amused and some envious as they are still in the school's area and even with his glassess, they still find his piercing eyes knocking down their knees and his switch in mood whenever he is with and without Seulgi adorable and heart-rending. 

As Wonwoo puts her in a headlock, Seulgi hears Wonwoo's loud thumping heart and feels the warmth from his uniform pressing unto hers. She bites unto his arm, running and sticking out her tongue before doing so. His feet quickly pad on the street as she is not stopping any sooner.

Just like that, Seulgi is ever changing if he pulls her at the right side and he knows that he shouldn't be doing this because the whole world is staring and the whole world might know of these feelings. But how could he hold his horses when Seulgi opens up to him like that? With her smile all bright and directed to only him like that?

Wonwoo knows that they are just the kind of people who'll hurt each other as they open up themselves. They just proved themselves a few minutes ago. And in all the things of daylight that he has proclaimed as his, this wanting of his might just come above it.

Amidst of this all, Jeon Wonwoo is never one to be able to tell his feelings apart. He just hopes they won't end up in storms. 

 


Wow it's been a million years. I hope you are doing well guys. Tbh, I have been wanting to write but unable to do so due to reasons and now I'm kind of back (?) I guess after I saw this quote that triggers me to write. Anyhow, I hope you like it and please leave your thoughts about this chapter!