wording

Ordinary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

wording

Why would you love him?

Jung Eunji frowned confusedly when she heard the question muttered by her friend, so easy, so careless. Sitting in front of her in his studio, Eunji and Kang Seungyoon, the leader of Winner, often met up, especially when both were free of schedules. They had been friends for years, meeting first time at music academy in their younger age. Having the same passion and basically similar taste in almost everything, they naturally grew closer and often met. They could talk about everything, Eunji was so comfortable with him, and so was him.

Hence, she did not expect Seungyoon would question her feeling for his senior with a tone that didn’t possess his usual friendly vibe. Both Seungyoon and her boyfriend were under the same company, and he had known about their relationship even before she told her members. It’s pretty strange that he suddenly brought this question now.

“What do you mean?” She returned his question with the similar tone.

“Well,” Seungyoon avoided her gaze and locked eyes with his phone instead. Realizing that he sounded crossing the line. He might have the intention though. “He’s G-Dragon, Ji,” he’s back at her. Shrugging his shoulder, showing how his statement was the best explanation for his question.

“And?”

Her frown remained, enough to let her friend know she was not satisfied with his words.

Exhaling, and giving up, Seungyoon looked at her with an apologetic grin. “Come on, you know what I mean.”

“If what you mean is how incredible the leader of Bigbang is and how nothing I am, then shouldn’t it enough to explain why I like him?”

“What? No!” His eyes widened over her interpretation. “You are the incredible one!”

“Rubbish.” She scoffed immediately.

Pulling his back from the couch, Seungyoon fixed his seating position so that he could face her properly. “Yah, are you kidding? I know you for years. You are the kindest, the friendliest, the most talented, the most charming woman I’ve ever known in my life!”

“Huh?”

“Why would someone so freaking perfect like you dating someone like him? That what I don’t understand. I was, and still am, curious, or rather, well, I don’t know. Maybe I just feel you two don’t match. You’re too good for him, Ji, that’s what I thought. Sorry.” He pressed tight his lips, knowing pretty well that his friend might not like what he just said.

“For a record, you only have few female friends, Yoon. You think too high of me. That’s certain.”

“I don’t need to compare you to anyone to know how incredible you are. Ask people, I bet they’ll agree with me. And G-Dragon is just, not you.”

The room suddenly turned quiet now that the good friends shared intense gaze. The popular ‘do you love him’ question wasn’t something new to her. She was asked so many times that Eunji had a ready-made answer for that. However, she never got used, even until now, to get questioned by her inner-circles. There was a subtle message in their gaze that demanded conviction. And the truth was, she was pretty tired.

Eunji took a long breath before avoiding his gaze. “If you’re looking for the popular reason, I have it,” she started.

“Something like he’s actually a kind person, an extremely hardworking man and surprisingly a family-oriented person?” He followed, this time his tone slightly changed. Seungyoon tried to ease their tense and it somehow worked. A weak smile formed on her lips.

“Oh, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter