Bonus: Accidents

Watch Over Me

Ten years had passed since Jeonghan had visited Joshua’s dreams. Joshua figured it must’ve been tiring to travel from heaven to Earth, and he couldn’t blame Jeonghan much for his lack of presence. He found ways to keep himself busy until they could meet again, though. He made new friends once he got to university, and spent every weekend with them driving around the city. Joshua always was one to find beauty in even the smallest of things, and there was so much for him to discover, so going on these little adventures were quite fun for him.

Mingyu tapped his thumbs on the steering wheel to the beat of the song on the radio as Hansol rapped loudly along, with Mingyu shouting out the random English lyrics he remembered. Joshua smiled to himself and shook his head at his friends. 

Joshua hoped Jeonghan knew that he was doing okay.

The drive was smooth and the boys were all having fun yelling out songs. They were headed a bit farther out to go downtown. Joshua was very excited.

The sky was dark and he watched the stars twinkling in the sky. Joshua wondered if that was where heaven was.

Hansol fell asleep by then, and Mingyu seemed tired as well. They were almost at their destination, and then they would get a hotel for the night, and the other two would begin adventuring tomorrow.

Joshua, on the other hand, always wandered out when they went out of the city, no matter what time it was. He could never wait to find things. He was planning on going for a walk by himself while the other boys slept in the hotel. He even had a playlist on his phone made just for the occasion, filled with sweet songs that made him feel happy.

Although, things never quite followed plans. Especially proven when oncoming headlights seemed much to bright, and when Mingyu’s pretty new car flipped over.

Joshua saw a sea of white, then red, then black.

His eyes never opened. 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

Joshua should’ve been lost. 

He should’ve been confused.

But this was exactly what Jeonghan described. He felt a hand pull him towards a bright white light that should’ve hurt his eyes, but didn’t. 

He felt every ache in his body fade away. He felt every ache in his heart fade away. 

He felt good.

Joshua was excited. He would get to meet Seungcheol now and he would get to see Jeonghan, Mrs. Yoon, and after a tragic sickness, his mother, again. They could all be together.

“Hello, Joshua,” he heard a voice call as his vision adjusted to the whiteness around him. Joshua turned to face a shorter boy who looked to be about his age with pretty brown hair and a charming smile.

“Seungcheol, right?” Joshua smiled. Seungcheol nodded with a big, lopsided grin on his face.

“Ah,” he replied, “so you’ve heard of me.” 

Joshua nodded, sitting in the seat of what seemed to be Seungcheol’s office,

“Of course.”

“So, then you know why you’re here?” 

Joshua nodded again.

“Great. Well, just to recap,” Seungcheol started, using his best authoritative voice while still remaining slightly goofy,

“Mingyu’s car crashed. The other two boys should be fine; they’re in the hospital, but still breathing. You, on the other hand…” He trailed off.

Joshua shook his hands, not minding his situation much.

“I wasn’t so fortunate?” He joked.

Seungcheol nodded.

“Sorry about that. As long as there are no hard feelings, you’re free to go.”

Joshua shook hands with Seungcheol before bidding a polite goodbye and telling him that it was  ‘a pleasure to meet the oh-so-famous Seungcheol’. 

Leaving the office, Joshua looked around, a little dazed. He had no clue where Jeonghan would be.

“Joshua!” He heard a voice call out. He turned around to face Seungcheol again, who had peeped his head out of the door.

“Yes?” He laughed gently,

“If you go left and keep walking, you should get to Jeonghan’s room.” 

Joshua smiled in silent thanks and walked quickly in the direction Seungcheol instructed.

He found the door at the end of the hall and raised his fist up to knock, the butterflies in his tummy taking flight.

He took a deep breath and knocked.

“Just a second~!” He heard a sweet voice call. He heard shuffling from the other side of the door and waited patiently with a big smile on his face.

“Yes? How can I help-Joshua!” Jeonghan exclaimed, looking both pleased and worried.

“Mingyu can’t drive.” Joshua stated jokingly before Jeonghan wrapped his arms around the taller boy.

“I’ve been waiting for you,” Jeonghan whispered, ignoring Joshua’s previous statement,

“and now you’re here.”

Joshua kissed Jeonghan’s forehead, a slight blush dusting his cheeks.

“Yeah,” he said, “and now I’m here.”

 

__________________________________________________

Alright guys, here it is! Sorry for taking so long, I've been super busy. I hope you liked this story, and if you did, please please please remember to upvote for a spinoff. I need about 12 more upvotes to write it! Also please please please comment with au's and otps and things you'd like me to write. I'll be writing other stories very soon~!

Thank you all again for reading this and I hope you all enjoyed it!!