Part Thirteen: Finality

Watch Over Me

Joshua was always a religious boy. He went to church on Sundays, he was part of the praise team, and he was even named after a biblical character. He believed that good things happened to good people, so he always tried to be good. He hoped one day he could go to heaven. Then, he could be with Jeonghan.

He missed Jeonghan dearly, but he was more content now than he had been when Jeonghan was with him. Jeonghan was happy now. And knowing this, Joshua was happy, too. He would wait to be with Jeonghan. For now, he just hoped Jeonghan wouldn’t forget the time they spent together. He knew he never would.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

Jeonghan didn’t want to die. He loved life and he loved living. But Jeonghan didn’t value his life over anyone else’s. That’s why he tried to make the best out of the situation he had been given, and ensure that Joshua’s life was the best it could’ve been. He hoped, now, that Joshua was doing well without him. He checked in with Seungcheol every day in order to ensure that there were no new angels that went by the name Hong Jisoo, and he was content to find that Joshua had kept his promise.

Jeonghan’s mother was waiting at the gates of heaven for him, and he remembered running into her arms. They both cried, and, if Joshua had been there, he would’ve smiled at them gently like he always had, and told them that the moment they shared was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen, save for Jeonghan.

However, after readjusting to his knew circumstance, in which he was with his mother in what was to be the most sacred of places, Jeonghan began moping again, and Jeonghan’s mother was not at all blind to it.

“You miss him, don’t you?” Jeonghan’s mother asked gently, lacing her delicate fingers through his. All he could think about was how Joshua used to do that, too.

“Is it that obvious?” He laughed, trying not to sound bitter. She smiled at him softly and nodded,

“Do you want to go back, Jeonghan?” 

Jeonghan held onto her hand tightly, kissing her knuckles.

“I can’t leave you. Not again,” he whispered.

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Joshua knew he missed Jeonghan, especially since everything reminded him of the long haired boy. Every Sunday, Joshua would bring Jeonghan flowers in hopes that Jeonghan could still feel the connection they had; in hopes that he would remind Jeonghan that he loved him.

Jeonghan had become a habit of his. He would still talk to himself and ask the air to pass pens to him while he was doing his homework. He stopped having dreams at night, and instead, woke up feeling empty. Joshua knew that this was all because he loved Jeonghan, and he knew he would never love anyone else the same way. He couldn’t. Just like Jeonghan’s mother couldn’t forget Jeonghan, he couldn’t either. 

Joshua sometimes thought amusedly about what excuse he would have to make up to his mother when she would inevitably ask him why he was thirty and still hadn’t dated. He wouldn’t find anyone like Jeonghan again. He knew it. He didn’t believe in being casual. He believed there was the right person somewhere, and he had found that person in Jeonghan. The love of his life just so happened to have been deceased, and he would wait to love him, wholly and ethereally.  Jeonghan was his angel, after all. 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

Jeonghan was ecstatic. So much so, that his yelling and jumping around was slightly irritating Seungcheol. 

“Do you mean it? Really?” Jeonghan shrieked for the thousandth time, and Seungcheol nodded, rubbing his temples,

“Yes. Would you like to go now?”

Jeonghan couldn’t say yes quick enough.

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

Joshua found himself, oddly, in a dark room. There were no windows and no walls, just as he recalled from the times he spent with Jeonghan. It had been months. Why would he dream of this place again? He must have been missing Jeonghan too much.

“Joshua?” He heard a sweet voice call. 

No.

It couldn’t be.

Joshua turned around to face the voice, and instantly collapsed onto his knees. He knew he was making a fool of himself, but he also knew that Jeonghan wouldn’t mind much, anyway.

Jeonghan ran to pull him into a hug.

“Jeonghan,” Joshua was crying, but he tried not to let his voice crack,

“What are you doing here?” 

Jeonghan pulled back and smiled before lacing his fingers between Joshua’s.

“Seungcheol said I’m allowed to visit Earth sometimes. I can be with my mother and I can be with you. Isn’t that great, Joshua? We can be togeth-“

Joshua wasn’t one to interrupt. It was much too rude. But he couldn’t help crashing his lips against Jeonghan’s.

Jeonghan didn’t seem to mind much, anyway.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ALRIGHTY GUYS~! IT'S ALL DONE. I know I just posted the previous chapter but I got excited so... here it is. This was my first full-length multichaptered story, and so I'd like to thank everyone who's read it. That means, again, my lovely viewers, subscribers, upvoters, and commenters from the last chapter, seungrivvip and BBCandARMY, and my new commenter, 00-00-00. 

Now, a little announcement...

I was thinking of making a bonus chapter for this fic, as well as starting a sequel??? spinoff??? based on this fic.
So, just to make sure you guys are interested in reading these, I'd like to pose a little...challenge. If you guys would like the bonus chapter, could I pretty please get 5 comments that mention that you'd like to read it? And If I can get around.... 30? upvotes, I'll begin a spinoff/sequel. 

Again, thank you all so much for reading this, and I hope you liked it.

Thank you~!!