Part One: Introductions

Watch Over Me

    Joshua was always a religious boy. He went to church on Sundays, he was part of the praise team, and he was even named after a biblical character. He believed that good things happened to good people, so he always tried to be good. He hoped one day he could go to heaven. The good people all do.

    Joshua was also a hopeless romantic; a gentleman, a dreamer. He wanted to fall in love and make someone happy. He just hadn’t met the person he wanted to love yet. He knew he wanted someone kind, though. Someone who loved him. Someone angelic and someone with a unique beauty. Someone ethereal.

    You could ask anyone, and they would tell you that Joshua is a sweet boy who deserved everything good in life. He deserved the love he wanted. He was gentle and he was kind. He was sweet and he was talented. Everyone loved Joshua, but no one could give him the love they all knew he deserved. That’s why Joshua never dated. He didn’t believe in being casual. He believed there was the right person somewhere, and he just hadn’t met them yet. He would wait, because waiting is what brought good things. And to Joshua, love was the best thing of all.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

    Jeonghan didn’t want to die. He loved life and he loved living. But Jeonghan didn’t value his life over anyone else’s. That’s why, when his school was in flames, he went back intro the fire to pull his classmate out. He threw her over his shoulder and ran. He couldn’t feel his lungs. He remembers his chest tightening. He got outside and felt so relieved that he had gotten her out, and once the adrenaline passed, his vision blurred, and he fell to the ground once they pulled her out of his arms. Jeonghan’s eyes never opened. 

    Jeonghan remembers the way people cried for him. He felt so sorry towards his mother especially. She had lost her baby; her angel. Jeonghan wanted nothing more than to reach out and hold her, but that wasn’t allowed. So he watched her cry and he felt his heart ache. Despite this, however, Jeonghan was not sorry for how he died. He was so happy when he saw the girl he carried out of the building at his funeral, alive and well, even if she was sobbing and yelling that she was sorry. Jeonghan wasn’t upset at her, and he wanted to tell her that everything was okay; that he was okay. But that wasn’t allowed.

    Jeonghan remembered what going to heaven was like. He felt a hand grab his, but he couldn’t see who it had been. Not over the bright light that the hand was leading him towards. The light should’ve hurt his eyes, but it didn’t. Rather, it made his heart stop aching. It brought him peace. He saw people all around him when his eyes adjusted. They were all calm and smiling and talking to one another, but it wasn’t loud. Nothing was overwhelming. Jeonghan felt safe.

    One of the people he had met, a boy his age named Choi Seungcheol, had told him that he was in heaven, and that nothing could hurt him. Seungcheol had told him that he was welcomed by all, and that they had all heard of the young boy’s heroic actions. And, lastly, he had told him he had to wait. His assignment was pending, whatever that meant. Jeonghan nodded, too dazed by his surroundings to question anything.

    After what was probably a few days of adjusting to his surroundings, Seungcheol had told Jeonghan that his assignment was ready. He was to watch over a boy named Hong Jisoo, also known as Joshua; he was to keep him safe and bring him joy. He said that Joshua had earned himself a guardian angel, and so, they had given Joshua the finest one they had: Jeonghan.

 

 

_____________________________________

Hi everyone! This is my first fanfic. The chapters are going to be pretty short but I'll update often so I hope that makes up for it!!