201

Blood of Seiryuu #2

'Tis my last gift to you, for trusting you blindly and loving you so earnestly...

(1)

February 2018

                  It was almost ironic how a short two years could change someone so much. Perhaps – as Sehun sometimes liked to remind himself – the change was for the best of everyone. Children should grow up someday, as trees lost its leaves and branches all over again. When the seasons changed, people were bound to leave their old shells and started anew. He was not the only one who changed. Luhan did, too, and even Yixing and Taeyong.

 

                  It was safe to say – for Sehun and everyone else who knew her – that Yoon Sena was the one who changed the most. Had it been two years ago, the girl would be bouncing excitedly for the prospect of living a normal life in a normal high school. That insecure girl with long, black hair and a wary smile was gone, replaced by a person so different that none would recognize her anymore.

 

                  For one, she had grown her straight hair and changed it to a brown with small waves at the end. She started wearing light makeup to cover up her flaws and insecurity. The way she spoke, the way she moved, everything changed in the blink of an eye. Sena became a person so cold and unapproachable it was almost impossible to try and guess what she was really thinking of. Odd it was. Two years ago no one could have imagined such a thing was possible, for she was always sarcastic and impulsive. Truth to be told, Sena did not expect it, either.

 

                  Part of her, as she kept on reminding herself again and again, was stuck – or dead, whichever one it was, she could not care anymore – in the past where Kim Jongin was still present. The memories of that man itself would bring on unspeakable terror to the entire Seiryuu household and the Elites. No one could possibly forget the beheading that happened two years ago, when Yoon Sena decided to bring forth the evidences of betrayal from the Elders and killed them in front of the Council and whoever was present at that very moment. The evidences were weak, but in a clan where dictatorship was very much alive, Sena’s words were law.

 

                  Kim Jongin’s name was a taboo, especially in front of Sena. When that girl rebuilt the entire headquarter with Joonmyun’s help, she had clearly established an unspoken rule that Jongin was not a betrayer, but rather, dead. In Sena’s fond memory of that unsmiling sarcastic boy, Jongin was better off dead than alive, because that way, she would not have to suffer this unbearable heartache and inexplicable pain that kept her heart cold and unmoving for days and months afterwards.

 

                  Kim Jongin. The man she once loved. Her left-hand man. Less than lover, more than partner. There were things she wished to forget but could not, for they were memories too precious and dear to be let go. Until this very day, she could smell his masculine scent whenever she entered his dusty room – now uncared for. His warmth was still very much present, the way he once held her close like no one else ever could. His kisses left a deep scar – or mark, as she bitterly thought – because marks were better off than scars that would not heal and stubbornly stayed there for a long time.

 

                  Each day it was a fresh wound. In the morning she would wake up, and the first thing she thought of, was still of him. The clan mattered to her – it had eaten her alive. But broken heart would not be mended by a two-year period, and perhaps, Sena shook her head often when she thought of such a horrible thing, she would never truly recover from Kim Jongin – not like she would want it, anyway.

 

                  Ironically, Sehun seemed to know her better than anyone else would. Her smiles managed to fool even Kim Joonmyun, for he thought that she had at least moved on from that bitter memories. But she was anything but that. This was also the reason why no one ever questioned why Sena always left that one spot empty, perhaps waiting for the day that Jongin would come back, though she knew it was nothing but a wistful thought.

 

                  How could Sena love someone so much and so foolishly? She was as blinded as everyone was when they were in love. There were times when she hated him so much she thought she would die from anger and loathing. But then those emotions were swallowed by disappointment of his betrayal.

 

                  “Sena, there would be five of them from the South Korean training center. These are the details of the new Elites,” Sehun handed a thick stack of paper to his lady and carefully examined her reaction. She gave him a pat in the shoulder and a nod, but that was all. “How many are you planning to have? There could be one from China if you’d like and two from Japan. The branch families would be more than happy to present you with their trainees.”

 

                  “Of course they would,” Sena snorted in the most unladylike manner and brought upon a soft smile to which he hid behind that calm façade. She might be stuck to Jongin still, but that never stopped him from developing any kind of feelings, painful as it was. He loved to watch her frown, smile, laugh, pout and he cherished the little moments that they had together. Part of the reason why he never complained about Jongin’s vacant position was to be Sena’s one and only protector.

 

                  “Ten Elites would be enough, but all ten of them must be able to beat the present Shadow fighters. Are you sure they could do that? Byun Baekhyun might modify those creatures and morphed them into something even less humane,” Sena added on. There was a crease between her eyebrows from restless nights.

 

                  “They are well-trained, Princess, don’t worry.”

 

                  “Alright, whatever, just don’t call me Princess anymore,” She lifted a hand and lazily reprimanded her older cousin. Jongin used to call her ‘Princess’ and the scar ran deep. She did not wish to hear that title anymore. In her nightmares, she would wake up with cold sweat, dreaming about Jongin sweetly kissing her and called her ‘Princess’. Swift as she could, Sena moved onto other topic to avoid hurting Sehun’s feeling, “Summon the five new Elites to the main hall so we could welcome them properly. And by properly, you know what I mean. Tell Chanyeol to stop playing around.”

 

                  “Of course. He would not dare, Sena,” Sehun smiled and her hair. “They should arrive by noon from Jeju. But for the time being, would you like something to eat? You skipped breakfast, didn’t you? Any more starving and you will be left in skin and bones. We can’t have your pretty face reduced to naught, don’t you think?”

 

                  Sena laughed and shook her head, pulling away from Sehun’s touch casually, “Oh goodness, forever the sweet talker. Alright then, but I want you to cook for me that meal you brought last time. What was it called? Chata-something? Give me two portions of that, please. And don’t forget my white chocolate milk and grapes!”

 

                  “I know, Dear. I remember your lunch regime,” Sehun stood up and walked to the door, “And for the record, it’s called Chatawari. It’s a Nepalian food.”

 

                  “And tell Joonmyun to come here.”

 

                  “Will do.”

 

***

 

                  “It’s big,” The blonde-haired guy remarked with his jaws on the ground. He had strong facial structures and very sharp eyes. In his hands, he carried two huge bags that stored most of his belongings, including a pair of knuckles he loved much. “I mean, wow, I know this is the headquarter of our clan, but holy , it’s amazing. Hey, hyung, where else can we find a land like this in Seoul? It must’ve cost a fortune!”

 

                  “That’s why it’s called the headquarter, ,” The man with eyeliner glared at the first speaker and shook his head. Half of his bangs fell forward to cover one of his eyes and he angrily blew it away. There were streaks of green and pink on his ash-colored hair, and odd as it sounded, he was one of the few who managed to pull off such combination. He was the most observant of the bunch, as well as the talkative duo of the group with the blonde-haired man.

 

                  “I still can’t believe we’re here,” The curly black-haired man gaped and stared straight at the gate. There were no guards and no patrols, nor could they spot surveillance camera anywhere in the sight, but they knew that this place was heavily protected. Seiryuu was careful about the safety of their main family since the incident two years ago, and with help from Kim Joonmyun and his impressive knowledge of building a good shelter, they rebuilt the headquarter in the suburban area.

 

                  “You just can’t believe anything because you are not confident enough!” The eyeliner man rolled his eyes sarcastically. “They shouldn’t be taking so long! We are already here! Kyungsoo said someone would come down to get us.”

 

                  “You figured. The headquarter is so big it would take forever for them to come,” The blonde one retorted, clearly not satisfied that he was called a ‘’. They were first cousins and knew each other since birth. Close as they were, bickering always came in the way. They would not last a day without insulting one another. The other two were quiet, glancing at each other meaningfully.

 

                  “Oh, there they are! Finally! God, mainland people are tardy! This shall not be excused. Someone should tell the Lady that her staff is lazy,” The eyeliner man sighed in relief and dragged his humongous luggage with him. The others followed closely behind, clearly used to his sharp mouth. It could be rude at times, but they knew that he meant well, and it did not help that he was the second best fighter in the group.

 

                  “My apology, Young Masters. Something came up in the main house,” A young-looking butler with black suits bowed down and started pressing an eleven-digits number and tongue-scan in an invisible barrier. The gate opened up immediately. “Please, if you could follow me. The Lady and the other Elites are waiting for you in the main hall.”

                 

 

P.S: Thank you for all the comments even before the first chapter! And for your information, I didn't put up Kai and Sehun's pictures because they are the fixed main character. I just googled a good picture of EXO and couldn't find a group picture that seems appropriate for this story, so I go with theirs, instead. Enjoy. The second book will be darker than the first.