214

Blood of Seiryuu #2

            The newspaper reported that ten people went missing from the elite soldiers, and their bodies were found three days later floating in River Han, scaring people off by the brutality of their murders. This case caused a huge commotion in Eastern Asia because of the severity and the meaning behind such murder. Ten was not a small number to begin with, and those ten people were elites, who had served army for at least six to seven years before they began to rise in ranks.

 

            ‘Ten Bodies Lifted from Water: Another Terror in Seoul’. I stared at the title for a long time. They did not put up a specific picture, just bodies covered with white sheet, so I suspected that it was either a mutilation or some gross human should not have seen. I read on, where the forensic team suspected that the murder actually took place in 22 March. They could not determine – or simply imagine – what the murderer had used to cause such gruesome killings. Or in short, they could not detect the specific cause of death and the finger print or any clue that would lead to the killer.

 

            Twenty-second of March. I began to recall the day when Jongin looked off the entire day while we were working together. Nothing odd happened that way that should come into suspicion, but then I remembered that Lieutenant General Han was absent that day, and it was indeed, rather strange. I began to pin the two together and scheme out what they were possibly planning.

 

            Why, though? The question ran around in my head. Grandfather might be cruel, but he never went for mass murder openly.   

 

            Ten was sitting beside me with his laptop on when Sehun suddenly came in, again unannounced. He simply glanced at Ten, seemingly unsurprised of this other presence I had never formally announced in the house. Ten, being one who never really been to South Korea and understood our culture, did not stand up and bow like others usually would. He just sat with his back straight, looking back and forth between Sehun and me.

 

            My train of thoughts were interrupted, and those suspicions and clues I had before burst into bubble in front of this man. Today was one of the rare days that Sehun wore casual white. I was so used to seeing him looking professional and all-groomed and it was refreshing to see the change. He went to grab a glass of clear water from my private kitchen and sat down on the table opposite of Ten. He did not bother greeting either of us, and cocked his eyebrow at me with a question, “Not working today?”

 

            Oh holy , this man. How could he be so smart? I froze and glanced at Ten. He, too, seemed astonished that the cover we set up was broken in less than three weeks. I knew Sehun worked fast, but not this fast. There was solemnity on his face, neither too calm nor pissed. I quickly fixed my expression and challengingly looked at him, “Working? What are you talking about? I am quite free these days.”

 

            “Are you?” He chuckled, but doubt was written all over his face. Damn he was not pleased and I did not know whether I should be honest like I usually did or denied it all the way. But I was sure that he had known something was amiss and quickly investigated it. I admitted that out of all my Elites, Sehun was usually the most observant one, and there was not one secret I could keep away from him. “Sena, how long are you planning to lie to me? Had I not found out, you would never tell me, wouldn’t you?”

 

            Alright. Calm the down. I got this .

 

            “Are you gonna scold me for not being careful enough?”

 

            “Scold you for sneaking into the Blue House, got a job as the President’s bodyguard using a fake ID Kim Sara? Or scold you for behaving so impatiently and not bringing at least one Elite with you?” He crossed his beautiful legs and stared down at me. I felt like a ten years old again, being scrutinized like this by my own protector. He sighed and suddenly spoke in a much more light-hearted tone, “No, I am not going to scold you, Sena. Look at me.”

 

            “Err… Is this the moment where I should leave you two to attend to your… business?” Ten asked awkwardly, cutting us off in the middle of stares. I burst out laughing and shook my head. I didn’t know why, but I started to feel really shy whenever Sehun and I were left together in a room. It wasn’t exactly uncomfortable, but it was definitely unhealthy. It just started off one day out of nowhere, and it lasted all the way until now. I thought it was best to keep Ten in the room in case I started being irrational.

 

            “I can’t really applaud what you are doing, but I understand your concern,” Sehun brushed my hair affectionately, with gazes that could have melted any girl’s heart. Damn butterflies. Why did I feel so flustered when he touched me now? He was only reaching out his hand and yet I felt so conscious of the distance and Ten’s weird stare. “Sena, you have fifteen thousands people and a thousand talents at your command. Why can’t you send one of us if you are worried that Grandfather might attack the Blue House?”

 

            “Honestly? I got really bored of this house,” I admitted and stared at my own hands with an embarrassed giggle, “Can’t you tell how much I hate paper work? There are mountains of those, and I can’t wait to get rid of it for the rest of my life. I know my importance in the clan and what would happen to Seiryuu should anything happen to me, but I want to go out there and kick some asses. There are way too many s that I’d be happy to kick around.”

 

            “Not a good reason, but alright,” Sehun suddenly grinned and caught me off-guard.

 

            “O…kay… Aren’t you supposed to disagree with what I’m doing?”

 

            “Can’t say anything, either since you’re so bent in doing it,” Sehun chuckled in amusement. His laughter was pure gold. I glanced at Ten and he, too, seemed rather surprised by Sehun’s personality. I had known him for three years, and I still misjudged him sometimes. He could be rather stern and even cold-hearted, but he was also gentle – not soft. “I have asked two-hundred guards to be transferred to watch over your safety in the Blue House. With Grandfather in Seoul, we can’t afford to be careless, Sena.”

 

            After Joonmyun, Sehun and Luhan were probably the most supportive two. It was rather endearing, actually. I nodded and shifted the topic, “Ten and I are looking at the recent news that reported this case. Some say it might be a start to serial-killings, so everyone is very careful right now. We can’t find a single clue since morning, and it’s really unnerving. What’s worse is that it is in Han River. It is a popular public place with patrols everywhere. Even if there is no police, surely someone would have noticed.”

 

            “That’s why it’s interesting,” Sehun smiled. “Because there is actually someone who dares to openly throw a challenge to the police. The killer wants to attract mass attention and create rumours around the city. Now the main question is whether or not this case is linked back to Grandfather.”

 

            “I am not quite sure. It could be a serial killer, but why would someone target ten of elite guards? These victims aren’t exactly young, either,” We started profiling the criminal by putting pieces of information we knew. “You and I know Grandfather for years. He is cruel and heartless, but he doesn’t really kill openly because he is trying to hide away from international spotlight. This murder does not benefit him in any way.”

 

            “Well, perhaps someone is trying to put the blame on him,” Ten suddenly intercepted, “Or it could be a political interference from a high-ranked insider. Either way, this is a very impatient killer we are facing. He seems to be an attention-seeker who wants to raise suspicion and create fear among people. Your Grandfather sounds plausible, and though he is the most suspicious person on the list, but we are yet to find out about the motives behind it.”

 

            Sehun shook his head grimly, as if he just realised something very important, “These elite guards serve the Blue House. Sooner or later, there will be someone trying to dig information from the parliament and the trainees. By then, Sena, your identity will not be safe either. You, what’s your name? Have you checked the list of victims and their background information?”

 

            Ten’s face flushed pink and he quickly introduced himself. On his laptop, he showed us a series of names and the details. Their ages ranged from thirty-five to forty, neither too young nor old. “Interestingly, they have held close contacts with each other and serve under Lieutenant General Han for years. They belong to a secret squad called Team 203. There are not many who would know of this team since they were dismissed two years ago, but something doesn’t seem quite right, does it?”

 

            Sehun calmly played with the empty glass as my mind spun around for an answer. It wasn’t hard to see that this was all related to Lieutenant General Han in a way, but the killings did not show any of Grandfather’s usual characteristic. Worse yet, today and tomorrow were my days-off, so I would not have the chance to see Jongin. I did not have much interest in uncovering the murder, but then I would have to ask Joonmyun’s opinion about this. If everything went well, I would be able to discover Grandfather’s hide-out and destroyed him once for all.

 

            “You are a genius, Ten. Thank you!” I quickly rose from my seat and happily ran out of the room to find my fiancée, leaving those two to fend for themselves while I was away.  

 

           A/N: I'm honestly really tired of writing fanfictions over and over again. It's so, so tiring. It's not like I am getting writer blocks. I have plenty of ideas, I just don't feel like writing for a period of time. I wanna rest TT_TT I'm fed up writing EXO fiction. Honestly. I wanna write about Kuroko no Basuke TT_TT P.S: And happy birthday to me, I guess.