Mob 7: Yellow is MY favorite color!

Gangs of Itaewon

[DARA]

  This person must be kookoo in his head.

 

  Ignoring the nonchalent look on his face, I turned to the huge mart, my head spinning. Good heavens. How am I suppose to pick every, single yellow object from the store??? The range of colors that I can see now is making me dizzy already. 

  "How would I know how yellow is yellow? What if it has a yellow tag on it? Does it has to be completely yellow?" I turned around around, pushing my glasses up my now sweaty nose. 

  Kwon Jiyong shrugged.

  "No questions." He said simply. Gahh, those stupid rules he set. I bared my teeth at him in annoyance, and he chuckled smugly. Argh, the cheek of him.

  He's counting on me to fail, but I won't if I do this smart enough. 

  Summoning my inner buddha to keep me sane through the whole torture, I approached the first shelve with the Caporeigme is following closely behind. The enire aisle displays chips exclusively. All sorts of it. Quickly combing through every row, I picked out every bag I could find, mostly cheese flavored or honey butter. It took me two whole minutes to clear this aisle before I pushed the cart to the second aisle, determined to completely ignore the childish person who had set this upon me. But it seems like I am the only one ignoring him. As usual, his good looks are attracting a lot of unwanted attention from the ladies. 

  Jerk.

  The second, the third and the fourth aisle later, the cart is already half filled with every shades of yellow. It's more exhausting than you think to have to reach up to every single row to grab anything that looks faintly yellowish. The first few aisles seem like a heaven as compared to this one, which sells canned food. I folded my arms across my chest and surveyed the shelves before me. There's at least 50 things here that would go into the trolley. I turned around, and Jiyong was no where in sight. Alarmed, I stepped back to look outside the aisle only to find him lazily chatting with a random, hot, woman who's dressed in a tight fitting- guess what- YELLOW dress. GAHHHH. What a weird . 

  A flashed another glance at the lady who's eyes were dripping all over the Capo, looking obviously desperate to get into his pants, before deciding that my eyes are way better off looking for yellow, solid objects than at this scene. I went back to my job to get what looks like a can of pineapple salad at the top. I stepped up the first shelve and reached for the can which seemed impossible to get. Tipping on my toes with a hand grabbing on the third shelve, I stretched my fingers to grab for the can, but all they could manage are to briefly brush across the surface of it.

  I tried again, this time harder, determined to prove to myself that I'm not that short. I jumped on the first shelve, and my hand jabbed on the stack of preserved fruits which the pineapple one was balanced on top of. I shrieked, shutting my eyes tightly and ducking my head, waiting for the stack of aluminium to tumble down and bury me alive.

  Nothing happened.

  Surprised, I slowly opened my tightly squeezed eyes and focused on a hand that has materialised and is now holding the stack in its place above me. I wanted to turn my face to the back but hit something solid instead, and I immediately look the other way round, to see that Jiyong had managed to somehow teleport himself here and is now standing behind me with his arm outstretched, his eyes staring straight into my dumbfounded ones, wearing a smug look on his face.

  "This place is going to close before you finish." He commented pointedly. 

  Gulping, I lifted my eyes to look at his watch on that arm that is above my head. Psh, what is he talking about, only half an hour has passed! I nudged past him and stepped back on solid ground. 

  "You seem to have a kink for everything yellow." I said grudgingly, thinking about that lady just now while I added another can into the trolley. 

  "Nope." He answered simply, strolling behind me with his hands behind his back.

  EH? Is he taking questions now? 

  "Do you bring that everywhere?" I pushed my luck and asked another one, gesturing his gun with my index finger and my thumb. 

  "Nope. But I can chuck knifes."

  I widened my eyes at the vicious comment and clamped my jaws shut, turning back to the front. Let's not forget that this person is kind of dangerous. Now back to the task, Dara!

 


[-]

  

  Didn't took long before Socks-and-Heels is in line by the counter with two trolleys full of what the young capo wanted, looking obnoxious and way too proud with herself for completing what he asked. Jiyong snorted silently to himself from the side; It wasn't even like he gave her that hard of a task.

  Jiyong took out his handphone and pressed on his speed dail. His in-ear earphones automatically connected.

  "Hyung, I got the stuff. Get the guys to meet there in 10." Jiyong said in a low voice, watching how Dara Park is trying to balance both trolleys and get them to move together at the same time. 

  He thinks it's funny. She overreactes so much at first but then does everything he order her to so seriously. It looks almost like she's getting paid to do these things- the way she would step back and scan through the shelves for the second and third time to check if she had missed out anything. It's just weird to him. In a hilarious way.

  "HEY!!" Dara waved excitedly, bouncing on her feet when she's the next in line to pay, getting Jiyong's attention immediately. He looked away because the people behind her were starting to stare at her antics. "JIYONG! OVER HERE!" She squealed.

  He has no choice but to make his way over, careful to keep his head low. He admits its sort of fun hanging out with Dara Park, but the downside of it is the third-party-humiliation that comes with sticking too near to her. 

  Not bothering to lift his head, Jiyong tossed his credit card to her. Dara rolled her eyes. Psh, this stoic guy. She ignored the cashier's poorly-hidden, astonished look at her trolleys full of sunshine colored items. Somehow, the bright colors managed to cheer up her mood a little. And she's getting really curious with what Jiyong is going to do with them. Maybe he's those kind of weird guy who only allows yellow colored groceries in his home.

  They managed to load the dozens full of plastic bags into the back bunk of Jiyong's car. 

  "What's next?" Dara huffed, straightening up after the last of the bags is now safely in the bunk.

  "Get in." Jiyong said cooly.


  Dara got into the black Bentley that the Caporegime drives. It's the second time that she's in it. She stretched her neck, waiting for Jiyong who seems to be busy on the phone outside. She's curious as to where they're heading now, but she knows better than to ask. For now, she's just contented to know that she's safe. Hah, even though she still keeps in mind that he's really dangerous, (he chucks knifes!) a part of her just didn't really believed that he's a bad guy. I mean, she reasoned to herself, if he wanted to hurt me, he would've done it already. 

  But instead, he has been preventing her from getting hurt. That night in the bar and then earlier on with the cans. 

  Bored of waiting, Dara started prodding around. He's neat for a boy, his dashboard dust free with no objects displayed at all on his car. She clicked the button on the glove compartment and it pops open to reveal.. KYAA, A GUN!!!!

  Someone pulled opened her door and panicking, Dara quickly slam the compartment shut. But it's too late, Jiyong has already saw it. Her heart was thuddering like crazy in her chest.

  Jiyong leaned in with a small smirk and said nothing about her itchy fingers. Instead, he only pulled the seatbeat over her. Dara held her breath as his face was barely inches from hers.

  "You shouldn't be touching my stuff." He commented lazily before straightening up to shut the door. Dara heaved out in relief.

 

  As Jiyong drove, Dara took the chance to study his features. His defined jawline, his prominent nose, his cheekbones and his long lashes. The way he drums his fingers on the driving wheel while he's waiting for the traffic to turn green and the way he chews on his lips when he's in deep thought. He seemed so normal. It feels almost like she's out on a date.

  Wait, Dara thought, snapping her head back to the road, blinking her thoughts away. A date? GAHHH, IS SHE CRAZY? She shook her head quickly. SHE NEEDS TO SET HER MIND STRAIGHT!

  

  The car pulled over after driving into a fenced compound. Dara craned her neck to get a better look at the place. It seemed like a kindergarden with a small playground in the yard and a swing. Why are they there? Does Jiyong has a kid???

  "Come on, lets move." Jiyong said simply and got out of the car. Confused, Dara followed behind him and quickly spotted another black Chevrolet infront of them.

  Leaning on the car were Jiyong's four sidekicks, each of them sipping on a Venti-size cup of Starbucks.

  Youngbae is the first to kick himself off the vehicle, winking at Dara as he passed her to help Jiyong with the bags. 

  On contrary, Seungri and Daesung, the two youngest, weren't as courteous. Laughing loudly as usual, they stopped infront of Dara.

  "Hello, Heels-with-Socks." Seungri chuckled. His hair is still blonde. 

  "Hey new girl." Daesung waved two fingers. 

  Dara scrowled. What's with Heels-with-Socks? Is that supposed to be her nickname?

  "How's your honeymoon with hyung?" The one with small eyes asked, and the two burst into laughter. Jiyong appeared beside them and kicked Daesung in the ankle. The younger one hobbled to the side in pain.

  "Watch out, Dae, I'll break your leg." Jiyong warned.

  "My wife's in the car! I'd like to see you try." Daesung retorted, scoffing as he went off to carry some of the groceries along with Seungri.

  Upon seeing the perplexed look on Dara's face, Seunghyun smiled intently and walked up to her.

  "He means his sniper." He explained casually. Dara turned around immediately at the deep, bass voice to see Seunghyun with his arms folded beside her. She blinked, going red immediately. It's almost like she has a small crush on this good looking guy since she first saw him. She remembers that he's the one who brought her into Hardrock bar. 

  "Oh." Dara answered submindedly. "Wait, his what?" She almost shrieks as it hits her, her eyes popping out of their sockets.

  Seunghyun laughed airily at the girl's reaction. Jiyong is right, she is interesting. 

  "PARK!" Dara heard Jiyong's voice from afar and tore her bulging eyes away from Seunghyun, swallowing her shock before shouting back.

  "I'm coming!"

  Seunghyun stood on his spot as he watched Dara running over to grab the bags from Jiyong before following behind him. He folded his hands behind his back and pondered in amusement if anything would come out from this absurd situation that his leader has set up himself.

  

  Dara watched as the Untouchable Team brought the groceries inside, to be swarmped by a HUGE group of children that are no more than eight. She watched in shock as the children hugged the two youngest's legs without any fear, and realised that this is definetely not their first time here. But she didn't have time to mull over the plot twist before the children turned their attention on her, seemingly the only lady in the room other than the older one who looked like the patron here. They attacked the two bags on her hands, rampaging through the items before spamming the girl with questions.

  "What is this?" One boy covered only in diapers asked shrilly, holding up a lemon.

  "THIS IS MINE!" Another one declared, snatching the pepper bell up from the floor.

  "Can I have this, noona? Can I? Can I? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!"

  "Do you have one more of this banana?"

  "WHAT IS THIS???"

  "CAN I?? CAN I?????" 

  

  GAHHHHHHHH!!!!  Dara can feel her eardrums disintegrating as the children shrieked by her ears, pulling on every piece of her clothing. She didn't have time to answer one question before another one pops out. 

 

  The caporegime stops in the middle of his conversation with the patron lady and stared at the comedy infront of him. Dara Park, his PA, is scurrying around from children to children, trying to satisfy their craving for her attention one by one. And when one of the younger kid, the one in diapers, burst into tears, Park looks like she's about to cry herself as she pulled her hair anxiously. He laughed softly at the hilarious scene.

  "People that don't know may think you're actually in love with her." A voice said suddenly and the Capo glances to his side.

  Youngbae smirked at him.

  "Why so?" Jiyong asked, glaring a little at his best friend.

  "The way you look at her." Youngbae answered.

  "Don't be ridiculous. No ing way."

  Youngbae shrugged and walked away without another word. 

  Jiyong glanced back at the struggling girl who's starting to hyperventilate as the children gawk at her and chuckled again. 

  She's just hilarious. That's all.

  

  


 

  Dara sits on one of the swings, exhausted. The children were now playing soccer with Seungri and Daesung in the yard with their new yellow ball. 

  The sky is getting darker and Dara sighed at the laughter of the kids. This place is an orphanage. She was talking to the patron earlier on and she told her how the children here are all abandoned babies or toodlers that were found. The orphanage cannot afford to raise the children beyond the age of 10, and they would have to leave and look for a way out for themselves in the streets afterwards. The walls, the children's clothings, and all the stuff Jiyong bought were yellow because it is the kids' favorite color. The color of sunshine warmth and a bright future.

  "We all 'graduated' from here, you know." A low voice spoke. Dara looks to her side to see that Seunghyun has occupied the empty swing beside hers. She straightened up immediately.

  "All five of you?" Dara asked, astonished. 

  Seunghyun nodded, lifting a corner of his lips. 

  "We became street kids again after we turned 10. Seungri and Daesung were younger, they could've stayed but these two were just filled with anger towards the world in general. For being abandoned. Jiyong started brawling in underground fight clubs. That earned us some money to continue school. He was the bravest of us and we followed him, first into street gangs and then into the Mafia." Seunghyun said quietly. 

  Dara listened quietly, feeling a sudden heartache for these tough mobsters that she never had before.

  "I didn't have a mom too." Dara said softly, making Seunghyun turn to look at her. But before he could speak, he heard Youngbae's voice behind him.

  

  "Guys, we have a situation!" Youngbae said loudly, waving his arm towards the car. Immediately, Seungri bend down and whispered something to the kids before he joined Daesung in running to the car.

  Dara stood up in surprise at the sudden commotion. Jiyong passed by her, clamping a hand on her shoulder and making her sit back down on the swing again.

  "Stay here, it won't take long."

  And leaving the girl behind, the five slammed the doors of the Chevrolet shut. 

  "What's going on?" Daesung asked, already assembling his wife into one piece.

  "Soo Hyuk's unit is attacked. By the pier." Youngbae answered, starting the engines.

  "Those bastards... They've got some balls huh?" Seunghyun growled. Whoever that is behind this, whoever that dares to continuously strike the two Caporegimes of the infamous Mafia Family must've a will written already.

  Jiyong smirked at Seunghyun's crude comment as he loaded the boot of his gun. 

  "Let's roll." He authorised.

 


  Jiyong glanced at the watch and then the dead bodies lying in front of them. Soo Hyuk is bruised, but otherwise he's fine. Again, whoever that is behind this had sent unimportant street gangsters for the job.

  "Clean up the mess." He ordered his henchmen.

  "Yes boss."

  "Man, I'm beat." Seungri yawned as if he didn't just single handedly tackled five men. "I need a three days sleep."

  "Coming boss?" Youngbae asked, wiping the dirt off his face while ringing his keys infront of him.

  "My car's still there. Go ahead." Jiyong answered.

  "Hey," Seunghyun called out suddenly, catching up with his leader. "I'll go with you."

  "What for?" Jiyong frowned at his hyung.

  "What if Dara Park is still there?" 

  "It's 1am, hyung. She would've went home herself when she gets impatient." Jiyong said simply. Seunghyun rolled his eyes. Tch, this heartless bastard.

  "Fine." Seunghyun agreed, patting the Capo on his back before joining the other three.

  

  The Capo got one into one of his henchmen's car and the made man drove him back to the small orphanage. The night is deep and the children must be fast asleep somewhere. The Capo hopped off and waved away as his subordinate attempted to get out of his vehicle to bow at his superior. He heard his man drive off before fishing out the chain of automated car keys in his pocket. He looked up and was about to jam his finger on the button that would unlock and start up the engines of his black Bentley infront when he saw something that made him freeze.

  He checks his watch again.

  1.32am.

  He looks up again.

  Dara Park was there, dozing off at the end of the small slide in the playground.

  

  Jiyong stared at her with disbelief. 

  This woman is seriously impossible to understand.

 


  ZA JJANG

 

Quite a bit of character development today!!

Let me know what you think! OHHH AND ALSO!

Where are you guys from?

For now, I kind of like how this chapter turns out hehe.