Mob 22: The Plan to Make Him Mine

Gangs of Itaewon

Made a poster after forever.

Enjoy!


[-]

- The Seoul Mafia's Headquaters-

 

  "Hyungggg~"

  "No."

  "Ainnnggg Hyung-nim~~~"

  "No, you wanted to blast my skull just last week, Daesung."

  The Caporegime grinned at the battle between their sniper and their oldest, Seunghyun. An associate of Seunghyun from Germany just sent him a DSR 50 rifle, ranked as the most powerful firearm weapon in the whole world not just by the underworld societies, but even by the CIA and other intelligence services. It's deadly killing power and range makes it a masterpiece that is scarce. This must be the first one that found its way into Asia, and of course the gun enthusiast of the group wouldn't miss the chance to get a hold of the gun. The battle turned into an aegyo meltdown as Seunghyun wouldn't even let Daesung touch his present, let alone test it out. 

  The doors opened and the consigliere walked into the meeting room. The bickerings died down immediately as all five of the guys stood up to bow their heads. 

  "Still no news of Cha Seungwon yet, Jiyong?" Daniel asked with his brows knitted together. 

  "No, boss. We checked all the hospitals but there was no record of him." 

  The consigliere exhaled heavily and rubbed his temples. Youngbae and Seungri eyed each other knowingly. They all knew the implications involved. The ex-underboss is a liability to the Family, and as long as he's out in the open he'll be a threat to the Don's life. But it won't be so easy to nab him because as a high ranking official of the Mafia, he knows how things are run in here. He'll be good with the ways to evade being caught.

  "How are your preparations going?" Daniel said, switching to another topic, trying to lighten the atmosphere. "The new Underboss Ceremony is next week."

  "You and the Don would make decisions that's the best for the Family." The Caporegime answered. "I wouldn't need to prepare anything."

  Daniel raised his brow at the young man infront of him and crossed his legs. "What about the girl that got caught up in our affairs? Is she hurt anywhere?"

  The mention of Dara made the Capo stiffen. She didn't need to get even more entangled within the Family. "She's fine."  He said in a pressed voice. "If there's nothing else we'll just take our leave first." 

  The Capo was obviously in a hurry to excuse himself. He's intentionally avoiding any mention of the girl and the Consigliere could tell that. With a small curt nod, he dismissed the Capo's team. Both Jiyong and Soo Hyuk are suitable candidates for the Underboss position. It's now up to him to decide for the Organization. 

  "Remember your responsibilities, Jiyong. You're accountable to the dozens of boys under you." Daniel's voice rang out suddenly. Jiyong's hand on the handle of the door froze and his men turned back. After a moment of hesitation, the Capo bowed his head in acknowledgement again behind swiftly exiting the room.

  "Jeez, is he warning us or threatening us?" Seungri muttered under his breath, loosening up his tie as soon as they are at the lobby downstairs. 

  Youngbae glanced quickly at Jiyong, who had his mouth shut and his eyes focused right ahead as he walked. The Consigliere's words were obvious enough to anyone, and he wonders what's going on in his pal's head right now.

  There was a groan from Daesung as they saw the group of thugs already waiting outside the headquater building, each holding either clubs or a sashimi knife, staring at them maliciously. Another group of lowlifes that have no idea who they're up against, here to seek revenge for an invasion of their 'turf'. Seunghyun yawned. 

  "Finish this quickly." Jiyong said quietly, whipping out his handphone as he glanced at the string of missed calls on them. "I have a date tonight."

 


[DARA]
 

  That narcissist is almost an hour late!!!
 

  I'm channeling my inner zen to stop myself from exploding his phone with spam calls. The amusement park behind me is filled with couples walking around hand in hand, huddling together rom the chilly air of the night. Meanwhile, there's me, standing by the pier, cold, hungry, and absolutely alone. 

  I can't believe I'm actually going to do this. Since when did my mind become filled by only one name and the boyish smile of just a single person? It feels like an eternity from day one where Jiyong walked through those glass doors of the store, gate crashing straight into my life, entangling my peaceful routine with something that I would never have imagined - the underworld societies.

  I did the math and yet nothing adds up. It doesn't make sense at all to get myself further embroiled into the world that he's involved in... especially after what I experienced... But returning to a world without him seems too painful to imagine, no matter how sensible that choice is. 

  There's a bad feeling gnawing at me inside my stomach. What if I flop? What if I get too embarrassed to say anything? I actually did an extensive research on this. According to Google, a large proportion of males surveyed actually thinks that an amusement park is the most romantic place to get confessed to.

  I also consulted my bestie who works part time as my fashion doctor, and dressed according to what she advised me - something feminine, which explains why I'm standing in the autumn cold in a fluttery floral dress that falls to my knees and a pair of cute straw sandals. I even ditched my sling bag!

  But... guess what? Despite ALL MY EFFORTS in planning tonight.... he's still not here.

  I can feel a tsunami tantrum building itself slowly inside me. 

  Should I just ditch him and go home?

  GRR, I was just about to at least station myself at somewhere warmer when a pair of arms enveloped me from behind and a weight landed softly on my shoulder. I didn't need to turn around to know who it is. He . is . so . late!!

  I peeled his arms off my waist and turned around to glare at him. And guess what? He's wearing an obnoxious amused look at my obviously not-so-pleasant mood. Wrong, I'm in my terminator mood!!

  "It's not exactly 7pm now you know, Kwon Jiyong." I mumbled under my breath, pouted and looked away. 

  He tilted his chin and smirked. Omg, does he have to look so cute while doing that? *Fans myself* No way, keep yourself in check Dara. You're supposed to be MAD.

  With his hands, he turned my face back to meet his eyes. "Something cropped up. I'm sorry, nerd." He said while trying to suppress his smile to look guilty. "Shall we talk about the time when I waited 3 hours for you without complaints under what I thought was YOUR house, hmm?" He said in a soft tone, his eyes twinkling with mischief. 

  Oh no. If he's trying to make me feel guilty, it worked. I bit my lips and relented. 

  Anyway, I haven't really taken a good look at him. He looks immortal as usual, even so tonight that he's dressed in a loose fitting grey button up that's made of silk, appearing a little oversized for his lean body. His fringe was down, and I couldn't hide my grin when I remembered how he claimed that his comb up was his last line of dignity. Sure, wanting to be with Jiyong may be a dangerous mistake, but it's a risk that I'm willing to take in exchange.

  I'll make him officially mine! Aja Aja Fighting!!

  "Why are we here? I thought you know that I don't like places like this." Jiyong said, his eyes roaming around the bright lights colorful banners disinterestedly. Uh oh. He doesn't... like an amusement park?

  "Let's just have fun, we're already here." I begged. Gahh, I should've known that Jiyong is a species from another extraterrestrial altogether that enjoys things that normal humans don't and hates things that ordinary mortals like us likes. But there's still a good one hour before the firework show starts, and yes, I'm serious about the entire romance-under-the-fireworks picture that I drew in my head.

  "I thought the only thing that's fun to you are those books that you've stocked up in your room." He muttered teasingly, earning himself a million dollar glare from me. 

  There are all sorts of games that we could've tried here but Jiyong was spitting 'nope's like a cyborg. The Carousel? Nope, too gay. The teddy bear machine? Nope, those things are useless even if we caught them. The roller coaster? Nope. Fish-a-Frog? Nope. Ferris Wheel? Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. I'm stopping myself from smashing him into smithereens using the hammer from the 1000 tons game by sheer willpower now, which is not going to last very long. 

  Fine! If he wants to deprive himself from all the fun here, I'm just going to have a blast by myself. 

  I fished out a few loose coins in exchange for a wooden rifle at the funfair stall that is the closest to me. HAH. Those cans are barely 2 metres away. The stall owner is looking at me with a smug look on his face, as if I would never win this thing. The challenge is ON.

  ... Five shots later I have expended all of my bullets and not a single one hit my target. The ahjusshi at the stall was cackling conceitedly while that annoying ball of I-don't-want-to-play-anything is silently shaking with laughter as well, ticking me off. 

  I was about to throw my hands in the air and give up when an arm stretched out from behind me and took over the rifle that I held pathetically. Omo, I thought he is too cool to play games like this. I stared at Jiyong in astonishment as he slammed down some coins on the counter.

  "What do you want from the stack?" He asked, barely glancing at me as he inspected the gun while squinting one of his eyes. Around us, the people lining behind waiting for their turns had crowded around with interest. 

  Yaha!! I get to pick! I craned my neck to get a closer look at all of the prizes available. Since he's so confident of himself, I picked the top prize - a fat walrus plushie sitting on the top of the pile.

  "There's five bullets. Pick more." Jiyong simply said. 

  .. Is he being serious right now?

  He raised the rifle and pulled the trigger with ease. Each time his finger moved, it was responded by the sound of a metal clang. Whoa. I stared at him in impress as the stall owner's jaws slackened. He had five shots and all of them hit home. This is insane.

  When we turned around from the stall I was beaming from ear to ear, in my arms sat two fat walruses and three other small ornaments. All of the females in the vicinity that witness Jiyong's 'performance' were staring at him with reverence oozing from their eyes. 

  "Hi!" We were stopped in our tracks as a teenage girl wearing an extremely low cut crop singlet ran up after us. Ehem. I emphasize on 'extremely'. I almost thought that we had left behind anything a the stall until I realised that she wasn't really talking to me at all. Her eyes see only Jiyong, her face reflecting nothing but pure desire.

  "I have something for you." She said sweetly, rolling back her shoulders to accentuate her deep cleavage before she held out a piece of paper in between her fingers.

  The sudden urge to murder somebody is seriously strong now. The nerve! Does she not see that he already has an accompany here? Hello??

  To my frustration, Jiyong's actually GLANCED at her s before picking over the paper in her hands. Wow, so its not just that little seductress that doesn't see me now. Ha . Ha. Dara the Invisible. I kinda like that name. Suits me. 

  The girl winked at Jiyong and finally spared me a nonchalant look before walking away. Jiyong unfolded the small piece of paper and it turns out to have a handphone number scribbled on it. Ugh, he actually took it from her!

  But then again, this is expected isn't it? I mean, look at him. Badass devil-may-care attitude, dresses himself well, natural good looks. Ofcourse girls would swarm around him like bees to honey. And look at that girl. Even a teenager has some better developed s than my sad-looking... sighhh *glances at my non existence chest*. It shouldn't be a surprise that no one takes me seriously beside him. 

  I started walking off silently and he followed behind without a word. He's not saying anything, which weighs down the already sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach even more. 

  "Where's your cardigan?" He asked as I roamed the place.

  "I left it today." I answered, remembering Bom's nagging for me to abandon my granny cardi. I wonder if that's what Jiyong thought of the clothes that I wear around as well. I usually don't give a wind about what people think about me. It's just when I'm with Jiyong that I become so conscious and insecure. 

  "Let's go back, you're going to catch a cold." He said sternly.

  "I wanna wait for the fireworks show." I whimpered softly. Gone was the earlier hype that I had. Why am I feeling this negative all of a sudden?

  Seeing that there's only five minutes to nine, Jiyong reluctantly agreed, and we positioned ourselves on a bench that's near to the pier. 

   As we waited, my mind started rehearsing the lines that had formed and ran across my head again and again every time I stared at him. It's a while more to nine. Will I really say these words out smoothly? What if I mess up? My heart started to beat erratically in nervousness and I can't seem to sit still in my seat. 

  I'm in love with you.

  I turn to sneak a peak at him. His phone was out and he was scrolling through all of his messages with a slight furrow on his face. My eyes wandered from his pointed nose to his soft looking lips and then to his sharp jaw line. Since when did I started to feel this way for this man? Since that morning when I woke up in some unknown hotel that he brought me to in my state of drunkenness? Since I saw the deranged look in his eyes when the robber flashed the knife at me? Since the day that we spent in Jeju or since he took my hand and gently kissed it under all the beautiful lights at the Gala Dinner?

  Jiyong put away his phone and I quickly looked away as he gazed up at the sky, scrutinizing it. I thought about the inconsolable fear inside me when I thought that he had traded his life for mine in the casino.. when I was suddenly overwhelmed with the horror of never seeing him again. I don't have my future figured out and I haven't thought of a way to convince myself that I'll be safe and we'll all be, but amidst all of the chaos happening in my head, only one thought is clear, standing in the middle of all of the other loud thoughts, quietly, patiently waiting for them to sort themselves out.

  I love him.

  One minute to nine. 

  "Looks like it'll be hard to get your wish tonight." Jiyong muttered, and I turned to look at him a he stretched out his open palm towards the sky. 

  At first, it was unnoticeable, like thin threads of coolness softly landing on my arms. Then it became large droplets that quickly turned into beads of water that just had the string that attached them cut. Amusement park goers shrieked as the sudden downpour hits them, and the ground was filled with people pulling their companies into the shade. Carousels and other indoor rides became filled with people instantly. Only the sound of the splattering against the ground enters my ears. Why does it have to rain now?

  "Daydreaming?" Jiyong said loudly, trying to drown out the heavy downpour. I felt his hand clamp down on my wrist as he tried to pull me up, but I remained fixed on my seat. The rain wasn't cold. It was warm, especially on my face.

  He was suddenly alarmed as he sat back down beside me, turning my shoulders to face him. His eyes that are loaded with worry scanned my face, trying to decipher what had gone wrong. It snapped me back to my senses and I quickly ran an arm across my eyes. Gosh, what the hell is wrong with me, It's disappointing for sure but there's no reason for me to tear up. 

  "We can stay for the later show if you really want to watch it that bad." Jiyong said through the rain, holding up my cheeks in his hands as he peeled away the damp hair that's sticking on my face.

  "I'm fine." I laughed hoarsely. What a sight we must be, sitting like complete idiots in the downpour. "I just have something that I must tell you under the firework." I muttered.

  "Under the firework?" He teased, leaning back to the bench as if I have his attention now. A small smirk was tugging at his lips while the rain that has washed down his face are dripping off his chin. "Go on, I'm listening."  

  "It doesn't work without the fireworks." I mumbled sadly, trying to ignore how hard my heart is thumping at his hotness. How can he look so casual when we're being mercilessly beaten by the rain? 

  "You'll never know." He said, arching his brows in amusement and I stare at him in a daze. Why does it feels like he knows what I'm up to when I haven't even spoken?

  "I.." I began after clearing my throat loudly, determined to get my words heard in the loud rain. "I'm in lo-"

  Before I could finish awkwardly, Jiyong grabbed my face again and captured my lips in a swoop. I blinked at him, whose eyes were close, allowing the raindrops to trickle from the tip of his lashes. My mind had come to a screeching halt before suddenly, waves of emotions begin to surge in. 

  I shut my eyes and register nothing but the cold running down our face and the heat from his soft lips that were pressed tightly against my own. His pushed his face even tighter to mine and an intoxicating wave ran through me, wanting more of his lips; more of his taste.

  Time seems to have stood still until he finally drew back, leaving the ghost of that sensation still tingling on my lips as I slowly reopened my eyes. He was gazing at me like I am the single thing that he can see in this world, making my heart swell with happiness. 

  "I think I have a rough idea of what you were going to say." He whispered with a hint of cheekiness in his voice before he turned serious. "But before you say those those words, you need to be sure of what you're getting yourself into. I'm not someone that's going to be easy to stick by. Its difficult to get involved with the world that I live in, but its going to be ten folds harder to get yourself out. So keep those words until you're completely sure, Dara."

  "Do you.. not want me yet?" I asked in a small voice. 

  He laughed softly and wipe the water off my forehead. "Don't you get it, Park? I'm already here in standby mode for you. I'm just waiting for you to think it through and decide whether you want to come to me or not."

  A stupid grin had already formed on my face at how seriously he's saying that, making me giddy with joy. Even though I'm sure that my decision would probably not change (because I am a loser like that, even if he's giving me a chance to run away I'd still be following him around), I will wait until he's convinced that I wouldn't come to regret what I want. 

  I stared at him and how his hair is plastered on his face, dripping with water. He just said he's on stand by mode for me. THIS HANDSOME CREATURE! For me! KYAAAA.

  Seeing the smile on my face, his lips tugged into a curve as well as he held out his hand again to get me into the shade.

  And this time, I took it.
 

  I guess its alright that my fireworks were canceled. Turns out that the rain works just fine.

  


[-] 

  "DARA PARK!" Someone burst through the front doors, startling Dara momentarily before her lips pulled into a wide smile. For once Park Bom isn't late for work. 

  Bom ran unsteadily into the store and slammed her bag onto the counter, huffing in exhaustion. Dara stared at the new pair of monstrous heels on her feet. How many of these things does she intend to buy? It's like she can form an army with the amount of heels she have. 

  "These are new? They're no difference from the pair you wore yesterday." Dara eyed her feet contemptuously. 

  "NONSENSE." Bom snapped, "These are the latest Louboutins. Anywayyyyyy, don't make me digress." She wagged her finger at her bestfriend, who obviously looks much happier today. "How did it go?" Bom whispered with a small wink, plopping her arms on the counter.

  "How did what go?" Dara asked innocently, picking up a box of order to write a number on it. 

  "The confession we planned! The fireworks and all that." Bom said dreamily, before slapping Dara lightly on her arm. "Stop beating around the bush." 

  "We... " Dara admitted, looking around to check if there's any customers near them because she's sure that Bom's going to go full nuclear when she hears this. "..kissed."

   Bom blinked as Dara bit on her lips shyly. Did Dara Park just admitted to losing her lips after 23 years...??

  "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Bom screamed, clapsing her hands together with Dara as they jumped up and down in excitement. 

  It took a while before the pair finally calmed down, after feeling pretty sure that they've done unrepairable damage to the boutique's reputation as the customers stared at them in shock. 

  "Anyway, what did you tell Donghae that day when he suddenly came and pulled you out?" Bom asked, settling herself down to work after she's finished with the scroll of questions for Dara. 

  "Donghae? I didn't say much. What's wrong?" Dara frowned. She remembered how the looker had walked away in the middle of their conversation, obviously upset.

  "That git isn't picking up my phone calls." Bom shook her head as she walked down towards the storeroom with four pairs of shoes that have just arrived today before reemerging half a minute later. "I ran into Jackson, you know, his right hand guy, and I heard he's been camping in the arcade playing video games for the past few days. That loser." She muttered.

  An unpleasant feeling welled up inside Dara as she listened silently.

  Maybe it'll make me feel better if I'm angry with you.

  His words echoed in her head which bothered her.  She has to at least make sure he's alright.

  

  The flashy arcade was filled with the noise of digital machine guns firing and bubbly music from the claw machines. Dara has never been to this part of Itaewon before. A group of rowdy teenagers chattered loudly as they headed for the exit of the arcade. Dara immediately stepped aside to let them pass but one of them still bumped into her, glaring before he left. Being a model student throughout her school life (which she holds pride to), Dara never really visited places like these often. 

  A few more steps deeper into the gaming palace, Dara's spotted several of the guys from the White Traids, leaning against a video gaming machine in boredom, picking bits off their unlit cigarettes. 

  "Dara!" Jackson caught sight of her, lightly kicking himself off the machine in surprise. He had a bandana tied on his forehead, most of it covered by his brown, wavy fringe. 

  Dara grinned back at him before eyes darted to the guy who's within the member's line of protection'. She sighed, knowing that its Donghae just by the back of his head. He's sitting with his back facing her, focusing intensely on the screen where the character he controls is brutally beating up every of his opponent. 

  "He's been here for 2 nights already. We're dead beat." Jackson complained to the girl immediately. When Dara tried to cross over to him, the Looker's man immediately held out an arm in alarm. "Wait! Da Ge ordered to not let anyone disturb him!" Jackson protested.

  "I'm exempted." Dara answered, bending down to go through Jackson's arm from below. 

  She walked round the machine and stared at Donghae, whose eyes were red but not bloodshot, partially covered by his hair. She sighed at him, wondering why on earth is he suddenly so absorbed with wasting his time away like this.

  "Hey!" She yelled across the sharp noises in the arcade. He didn't even spare her a glance.

  "Lets go back, alright?" She tried again, this time louder. His gaze darkened but still, he ignored her.

  "Lee Dong Hae!" Dara clicked her tongue in frustration as he remained unresponsive. 

  "Cut it out, Dara." He snapped, his eyes still glued onto the screen as if he's determined not to look at her. It's his way of venting and she has already messed him up enough; he isn't going to let her get in the way of this too. "What happened to your Caporegime that you're looking for me now?" .

  "Being childish now, aren't we!" Dara snarled back angrily. "You're going to go blind if you haven't already collapsed from exhaustion." 

  "Don't act like you care, Dara." He twisted the corner of his lips in irony. "You don't."

   The urge to punch him now is very strong. He's being impossibly difficult and childish on purpose. Dara opened to fire back but an arm s around her waist, yanking her to the side. She lost her balance and would've crashed straight onto the ground but she hit a burly chest instead, making her recoil back in horror.

  It was a group of gangster-ly looking men that she saw playing the shooting game just now. A muscular man with his head shaved was the one holding her in place as he leered at her.

  "You can always play with us if your little friend there doesn't want to entertain you." He cackled, his breath reeking of smoke and booze. Dara laughed nervously and began to blabber words of rejections at the speed of light.

  There was a scraping sound against the floor as Donghae stood up in anger, kicking his chair aside. He was staring at the gangsters with murderous eyes. Behind him, the White Traids members that were idling also began to crowd around. 

  "Take your ing hands off her." Donghae growled darkly.

  "And if we do?" One guy from the gang taunted back. Dara swallowed nervously at the situation. 

  Donghae lowered his head dangerously, his eyes shifting to the guy that stepped on his land mine.

 

  "I'll give you a way to live." 

 


  Image result for donghae drama gif