Mob 8: Stupid Dara

Gangs of Itaewon

df83da0f63ee3b1cf8e7f5010678d733973a2914

Be reckless. Be insane. Be a hopeless romantic.
Fall in love.
Read a story and dive so deep into it.
Chase your dreams like its your last week on earth.

You can only live once.

Do it while you're young.



 

 

[Dara] 

 

  MMHmmmhhMM...

  Seunghyun is reallyyyyy hot.

  Its like his looks and the way he talks just lifts me off my feet everytime I see him. 

  .

  .

  .

  In fact, I feel like I'm literally flying.

 

  I rolled over and hit something hard. Damn it, I thought stupidly, opening my eyes. Before my mind can comprehend with what's happening, I let out a bloodcurdling scream.

  "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

  The guy who's carrying me jumped, freezing in his tracks. He looked down at me with his brows furrowed, and I stared right back before realising that I had just screamed in Kwon Jiyong's face.

  "What's with you?" He asked, his lips twisting into a look of disgust.

  WHAT'S WITH ME? WHAT'S WITH YOU, KWON JIYONG? WHY AM I DANGLING IN MID AIR?

  "Put me down!" I said, mortified.

  Immediately, Jiyong released his grip, sending me flying straight down. KYAA! I WASN'T READY! But before I hit solid ground, that idiot mobster grabbed me by my upper arm, allowing my feet to touch the floor first. 

  "You have the reflexes of a grandmother." He smirked, looking obviously entertained by me getting scared half to death by him. "Why didn't you go home by yourself?" He asked pointedly.

  I checked the time on my handphone. HOLY ! IT'S ALMOST 3AM! GRAMS WILL KAAABOOM ME!

  "Waiting for you, ofcourse! You said you won't take long!" I sqeaked,pulling my sling bag back up my shoulder. "Look, I got to go first." I called out. GAHH! I need to get home!!

  Jiyong stared at me with an unreadable expression on his face before heaving out a long sigh. 

  "I'll drive you back-" He started.

  "NO!" I rejected almost immediately. Jiyong frowned at me, looking slightly surprised.

  The truth is.. I know Jiyong is not a bad person, but I don't know if it's safe to reveal where I live, especially since Grams is always at home alone. It's not him that I'm worried about, it's just the whole sniper and rifle affair behind him.

  "It's kind of late now and- I don't live that far!" I quickly made up a reason, laughing nervously. "I'll just walk! Bye!!!" I waved hastily before turning my back to him to brisk walk out of the compound.

  I didn't even get far before Jiyong caught up with me from behind and suddenly scooped me up into his arms again. Ignoring my protests and thrashing, he walked firmly to the car before plonking me right on the front seat, strapping the seatbeat right across my chest.

  "I said I could get home myself, Jiyong!"

  "It's not safe." He said simply.

  WHAM. That's it. Those three simple words are enough to fill me with a stomach-full of guilt. I knotted my fingers together and stared out of the window. Is Kwon Jiyong- a mobster from the Mafia- worried for me?

  But why? I am just a peasant as compared to them!!!

  Nonetheless that didn't stop me from feeling a little giddy. KYAA! This is the first time a boy has ever said that he's worried about me walking home alone at night!! I stole a glance at Jiyong, who's driving silently. CORRECTION. This is the first time a REALLY REALLY HOT boy has ever said that he's worried about me walking home alone at night!! 

  "You look like you want to eat me up." Jiyong said suddenly, his eyes still straight on the road. 

  I inhaled sharply, snapping my head instantaneously to the front. THE EMBARRASSMENT!! 

  "You're quiet." I said. "Did something bad happened just now?"

  "No," Jiyong replied. The car stopped by the red light. "I'm just thinking if I'm worrying too much." He said lazily, turning his eyes to me. "With a body like that-" He paused, his eyes glancing down to my chest before breaking into a boyish grin. "You should be quite safe going home alone at this hour."

  My what? I stared down at my miserable s before looking up at him again. It took a while for what he said to hit me, and he sniggered upon watching how my face turns from confusion to pure anger.

  "JERK!" I screamed and he burst into laughter.

  HPMH, WHAT GUILT? THIS JERK SHOULD ROT IN HELL.


[-]

  "So? Where do you stay?" Jiyong asked.

  "Just drop me off by the apartment in front." Dara answered haughtily. 

  "Aww, look who's pissed off?" The young Capo cooed, poking her cheek with his finger. HAH, the way she looks when she received his insult; its like steam is almost going to start shooting out of her ears. 

  Dara turn to snarl at him but instead, she notice a small wound on his forehead, close to his hairline. Did they had a fight just now??? Was it the reason why they ran off so suddenly? Quickly, she fumbled into her sling bag and pulled out the plaster that she carries everywhere before covering his wound carefully with it. Jiyong jerked back in surprise as soon he felt her fingers on his skin.

  "What're you doing?" He asked.

  "You're hurt, stay still." She said, and he complied. 

  "Is that what you do as a doc?" Jiyong asked while chuckling. What is there to treat, he didn't even feel the wound.

  "No, but I know how to stitch that up if it was deeper." Dara answered proudly, earning an amused glance from Jiyong. 

  He pulled over by the side of the road beside a small apartment flat that Dara Park had pointed out and she got out of the car. The Caporegime raised two fingers to cooly say goodbye but the girl knocked on the passenger window from the outside. With his brows raised, the Dragon rolled down his window.

  "Drive safely! Don't think there's no cars just because its late." Dara Park chirped. Jiyong blinked at her, his expression unreadable again. With one hand grabbing the strap of her bag, Dara waved, snapping Jiyong back to his senses. He swallowed the unsettling feeling inside his chest and drove off immediately.

  Psh, Dara thought,twising her lips as she watches the black Bentley fade into the distance. Kwon Jiyong is sure one hell of an arrogant jerk. 

  Now it's time for her to get home before Grams roast her for breakfast. Luckily her house is nearby, she thought with relief.

 

  Jiyong drove straight home, a luxury penthouse in an apartment that's one with the highest land value in the whole of Seoul. He rolled down his side's window and looked into the iris recognition device outside the guard house. It granted the mobster access immediately.

  Jiyong's apartment was at the highest floor. The lift needed his thumbprint to be able to even get up to that floor. Of course, it recognises Seunghyun, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri's thumbprints too. The lights in his apartment lit up immediately upon his presence, and Jiyong dragged his tired body to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of mineral water. It's a long day and they still got the bastard who's trying to stir things up between him and Soo Hyuk to worry about. 

  Jiyong stopped in front of the giant, rectangular piece of mirrow mounted in his dining hall. 

  "What the hell?" He laughed, unable to help himself, upon seeing his reflection in the mirror. Stuck neatly on his forehead is a childish Spongebob plaster.

  He reached to peel the sticker off, but his fingers halted upon touching its surface. Her 'Drive safely' flooded again in his ears and he relented with a short sigh.

  "This girl..." He muttered to himself, running his hand through his hair, destroying his comb up. She really waited when he tells her to. But really, doesn't she have any common sense at all? If he hasn't return after 5 hours, it should be a reason good enough for her to just ditch it and leave isn't it? And this stupid plaster... He felt a weird warmth with how undiscrimatingly nice Dara Park is. She should know that he's a mobster. Someone who kills without batting an eyelid.

  Whatever, he thought, she's just something new from all those sultry girls around him. That's all.

 

 


[DARA]

 

  BORING~

  I sighed, pulling myself to the glass walls by the shop's door with a rag and a bottle of cleaning spray. It's Monday and Judy is out again. She never seems to be in. It's always just me and Bom. Hmm, not that I'm complaining. I like it better this way.

  "Dara," Bom started behind me. OH NO, I SWEAR IF SHE'S GOING TO FORCE FEED MY EARS WITH HER HOT WHITE BOYS CRAP AGAIN, I'M GOING TO BUTCHER HER MYSELF.

  "You need to date." Bommie slammed me down before I even finished covering me ears. I frowned incredulously at her.

  "I do not." I said sourly. OKAY, THAT'S A BIG FAT LIE RIGHT THERE. I'm 23 with ZERO love life. But what's with Bom suddenly bringing this up again? 

  "Look, I've got Minwoo in junior high and Suho in senior high-" Bom began.

  "AND not forgetting Gwonwook in college." I piped in before leering darkly at Bom.

  "No, forget Gwonwook." Bom snarled. "But that's not the point! The point was that it would be nice for you to try holding hands with the guy you like and do things like watching movies and stuff while you're young too!"

  "Nah, count me out from all those crying that you went through post breakup." I shrugged. But hey, watching movies and holding hands with the guy I fancy do sounds tempting.. Hmmm... I wonder what kind of movies Seunghyun likes. GAHH! He's just too handsome! *Internal squeals* 

  "Which is why-" Bom announced, completely ignoring me. "I HAVE SET YOU UP ON A DATE!"

  A WHAT? I turned around with a horrified expression to Bom, who's beaming at me with sunshine literally exploding from her face. I know Bom is all for the whole Get-Dara-a-Boyfie affair, but I don't know she'll be this serious! Although she did try to create an account in my name on a dating website once.

  "Before you lash out at me, hear me out!" Bom interrupted me before I could open my mouth. I folded and arms and leaned against the glass behind me. Her explanation's better be super good.

  "First of all," Bom said, raising both her eyebrows dramtically. "He's hot."

  The curses I am silently throwing at her halted. I glanced skeptically at her. Is she sure? 

  Bom grinned, seeing the shift in my attitude. I swear its scary how this woman can read my thoughts like they're written above my head.

  "Do you have a photo?" I said grudgingly, but internally I was screaming. A date with a bomb? KYAA! I need to fan myself!! This is too good to be true!

  "No," Bom answered slowly, "But he's my friend who personally asked me to set up something between you two." She said. 

  One thing that I know about Bommie is that she has some really charming male friends. I wonder how is she able to attract all these people when she acts like such a goofball around me. BUT KYAA! I'M GOING ON A DATE!!!

  "No need to thank me." Bom said. "And you can squeal out loud now."

  We started jumping and cheering together like a bunch of teenagers. My pride can fly itself to Neverland. I'm going on my first official blind date!!! 

  "But I have nothing to wear!" I started to panic.

  "See, you're excited!" Bom slapped my playfully and I tickled her waist. Soon we melted into a tickling pile of mess. It must be quite a sight, two full-grown ladies in tight office skirts acting like baboons. But there's no one here anyway!

  Bom straightened up, still hiccoughing and laughing before she pointed out of the glass panel. 

  "Look, isn't that your employer?"

  I looked up and pushed my specs up my nose, pulling myself closer to the glass. It's true, outside our shop, Jiyong, along with Seunghyun, were walking out from the bank across the street to the Black Chevrolet where Youngbae is waiting. 

  Jiyong looked up and our eyes meet. I waved enthusiastically at him but he only smirked and diverted his gaze away before getting into that car. PSH, CYBORG.

  In contrast, Seunghyun smiled and waved back lightly. Ahh, handsome Seunghyun.

  "Isn't he charming?" I said dreamily to Bom.

  "Which one? TOP? Yeah he's a real looker." Bom remarked, smacking her lips. I giggled and pinched her arm. What a .

  "Leave my eyecandy alone and focus on your date!" Bom wriggled her brows at me. 

  *SIGH* That's right, why would an eyecandy like Seunghyun bother with an ahjumma me? Better keep my head in the game that Bom has set up for me! FIGHTING, DARA PARK! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

 


[-]

  Jiyong and his team arrived at the Family's headquaters and went straight into the conference room with the Consigliere waiting for him. Aside from Soo Hyuk, the rest of the Made Men stood up and bowed to the Caporegime while the latter bowed solemnly to the Consigliere.

  "The tattooist gave us the CCTV footage of the night our tattooing plate got nicked." Daniel said, with his hands folded on the table. "Again it is some small time gangster from one of our associated street gangs who did the stealing."

  "Where is he?" Jiyong asked simply. He wanted to get the person himself. The one who stole the plate to tattoo that assassin who went after TOP hyung. Besides, he promised Soo Hyuk that he would get to the bottom of this.

  "We're getting him. It shouldn't take long. The Underboss has sent out his men himself." Daniel said grimly.

  Youngbae and Daesung eyed each other, their confusion mirrored in the expression of everyone in the room. Why would the Underboss dispatch his own team to settle something that the two Capos can easily resolve themselves?

  "But are you sure you can say this out in the presence of so many people, Consigliere?" Soo Hyuk said. "This is a critical period. There could be traitors among any of us."  His voice was cold as he sat up straight from his leaning position on the chair, his eyes surveying every single Made Men in the room, all of them whom cowered away from the big leader's piercing gaze. All except Jiyong and his team.

  "They know their place." Daniel reassured. "Just keep your eyes bright and watch out more for anything suspicious. The affairs have reached the Don and he doesn't like what he's hearing. I want everything settled before the ceremony to choose the next Underboss. Do you get me?"

  "Yes, boss."

 


[DARA]

  I stood in front of the restaurant that Bom has sent me. It's a great day and the weather is perfectly sunny for a date. I double checked the address of where I am and the pink sundress that Bom has lent me. I put in extra effort in dressing myself today, even wearing the pair of white pumps that I only wore during my graduation. Ahh.. That was ages ago. 

  I sat down by the table that Bom said that his friend has booked. My date doesn't seem to be here yet. I am early anyway. Gahh, I'm kinda nervous! What if he turns out to be a weird guy? Nahh, Bom assured me that he's a nice person. What if I mess up and say something I shouldn't? I don't even know his name yet!

  I took a sip of water to calm myself. The bells of the entrance tinkled behind me and a pair of shoes materialised infront of my eyes. I looked up to see Lee Donghae with his hands behind his back, bending down to meet my sitting height, with a wide smile plastered on his lips.

  I stared.

  No way.

  "Hello, Dara. I'm your date for the day." Donghae announced.

  And I choked on my water.

  PArK BOMMMM!!! I AM GOING TO SLAY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 

giphy.gif
tumblr_l8lzucCfOn1qdaj7ho1_400.gif

 

 

 

ANDDD JIYONG GETS THE BUTTERFLIES.