The School

Autumn is here...

 

 “What are you looking at?” Autumn smiles.

“You’re so tall…” Everyone laughs. Autumn looks around weirdly.

“What?!?”

Iris steps towards her and says.

“You’ve just noticed? Autumn nods.

“Everyone is so tall here…” Again, everyone is laughing.

“Except for one person…” Autumn says.

“Who?” Everyone asks at the same time. Autumn looks at her new made friends and laughs out loud. Everyone looks at her weirdly.

“Why are you laughing to yourself…” Riku asks Autumn.

“I’m laughing because I’m glad that I’ve made friends so quickly.” Everyone smiles.

“We’re glad that we’ve made a new friend too.” Carol says.

“So…who’s not tall here?” Soph asks. Suddenly, everyone is looking at Autumn again, eager for her answer.

Autumn points towards to her left.

Everyone looks at the person she’s pointing at.

Parker.

Everyone laughs out loud.

Parker looks at everyone, pouting.

“That isn’t fair!” Autumn laughs. 

Autumn looks around her again and sees that she's surrounded by welcoming and smiling faces but then suddenly, she hears a sneering voice from behind.

"Looks like you made some idiotic friends."

Autumn turned around and suddenly, everyone she had just met was deathly quiet.

Autumn looked at the guy who had just spoke.

He was tall, good looking and asian.

If Autumn didn't hear him just talk she would probably end up crushing on him because he was her type but...

The words that came out of that mouth spoke venom towards her new found friends.

"Vincent...don't be mean. Autumn's only new and she has the rights to choose her own friends." Autumn heard Parker say.

The boy named Vincent looked at Parker.

"Well...if it isn't the midget."

From the corner of her eye, she saw Parker's clenched fist and his jaws tightly bound together.

"Vincent. Get lost."

Autumn looked at Soph and then suddenly, Vincent wasn't in front of him anymore but was in front of Soph.

"Do you really want me to?" 

Vincent whispered to Soph, making Autumn squirm but making Soph smile.

"Of course. You're annoying. You're obnoxious and..." 

Soph dropped her voice, making everyone around, including Autumn shiver inside and out. 

"Need's an attitude make over."

Autumn didn't realise that making Soph angry would have such big consequences. Autumn made a mental note to never get on Soph's bad side.

"Hahahaha..." Vincent laughed before slowly walking away.

After walking for a bit he turned back around to talk to Autumn.

"These people aren't good friends. If you want good friends come hang out in the Cola."

Vincent stopped talking and looked at all the people that was standing behind Autumn, glaring at him.

"I'll be waiting for you Autumn Zaches..."

Vincent trailed off with a sly smile on his face.

 

Autumn turned around and saw that all her new friends was looking at her weirdly.

"Is...something wrong?" 

They all shook her head and began to show her around the school.

Autumn never realised how big her new school was. 

There was 5 blocks, each for a different subject/s with two basket ball courts, one small oval and many portables.

 

*RING DING DONG RING DING DONG* 

 

The bell rang and Autumn looked at all her new friends.

Soph.

Iris.

Carol.

Henry.

Riku.

Parker.

Ken.

She was suddenly glad that she was here, in Sydney. 

Autumn knew that her new school like would be fun because she had met great people even though there was that one person that Autumn and her friends didn't particularly like...

Autumn dismissed that person from her mind and laughed and talked with all her new friends about what she liked.