Text, Love, Reappearance and Farewell [PART 1.]

Autumn is here...

As Autumn sat by herself on the train carriage, she felt her phone vibrate.

 

Wiping her tears delicately away from her cheeks she took out her phone on the front pocket of her jeans and seeing that it was a test message, she opened it up.

 

“We need to talk. Hyun Joong.” The text said and Autumn gasped.

 

Before she had the time to register what Hyun Joong’s text meant she received another text message.

 

As she fumbled on the key’s of her phone, she swore under her breath and opened her new text message.

 

“I’ll wait for you at Killara station. Where are you?”

 

Autumn had just finished reading the text message when the train stopped moving.

 

Autumn quickly peered outside and, as the train was about to move, Autumn replied to Hyun Joong’s text.

 

“St. Leonards.”

 

“What are you doing there?! I thought you were going out with the others! I would’ve thought that you were at Town Hall or something! Is that anyone with you?!”

 

When Autumn saw that text, for a split second she smiled and was about to reply when she stopped herself.

 

“Why are you so worried?”

 

Autumn texted back bitterly and then sunk lower into her seat, clutching her phone, waiting for a reply.

 

***

 

When Hyun Joong had arrived at Killara station he was about to walk home when he received a text message from an unknown receiver.

 

“You shouldn’t have said those words to her Joong. You should apologize.”

 

Hyun Joong frowned.

 

Who was this person?

 

“Who are you? What are you talking about?”

 

“I’m talking about what you said to Autumn on the train Joong. She was only trying to help you.”

 

Hyun Joong had stopped walking now and was frowning really deeply.

 

He was about to reply when he received another text.

 

“Don’t try to find out who I am Joong. I’m not going to tell you whether how many times you ask and no matter how you persuade me. I’m not going to tell you so don’t bother asking again.”

 

Hyun Joong stared at the text message and then sat down on a seat, still at Killara station.

 

“Why should I apologize to Autumn? She hurt my feelings first.”

 

“Have you ever thought that maybe she just wants you to step out of your past with Rose?”

 

Hyun Joong took a sharp intake of breath and then the frown previously reappeared.

 

“How do you know Rose?”

 

“She’s my best friend.”

 

“You go to my school?”

 

“Of course not. She went to more than one high school. I’m sure you know that.”

 

Hyun Joong’s frown slightly relaxed but it was still visible.

 

“Think about it Joong…why else would Autumn press you on to tell your tale in front of the others even though you looked so pained?”

 

“How do you know about that?”

 

“I have sources. Answer the question.”

 

“How would I know!”

 

Hyun Joong replied, more confused than ever.

 

“Apologise to her.”

 

“No.”

 

“Why now?”

 

“It was her fault to begin with.”

 

“Maybe you think she’s right.”

 

“What?”

 

“Right about calling you a coward.”

 

Hyun Joong froze.

 

He didn’t know how to respond.

 

“Maybe you think she’s right but you just don’t want to admit it in front of everyone and especially not in front of Autumn.”

 

Hyun Joong read that text message again and again.

 

Was this person right?

 

What he really angry at her because he knew that Autumn was right?”

 

“Or…maybe it’s another reason.”

 

“What reason?”

 

Hyun Joong sent back his text, his hands absentmindedly playing with his slide phone while thinking to himself.

 

What other reason is there…

 

What other…

 

“Joong! Haha! This place is so pretty! Thank you for taking me here! I love you Joong!”

 

Hyun Joong stopped playing with his phone and froze as he heard the echo of the last three words of his day dream in his ears and his eyes swimming with Autumn’s smiling face.

 

His phone vibrated.

 

“Maybe it because you love her.”