Text, Love, Reappearance and Farewell [PART 2.]

Autumn is here...

Reading the text message confirmed his thoughts.

 

But why, as he stared at the text message, did he feel slightly happy at the prospect?

 

Suddenly, Rose’s face came into view.

 

“No. That’s impossible. I love Rose. I only love her.”

 

Hyun Joong replied instantly.

 

He was confused, trying to persuade himself with images of Rose smiling at him but every once in awhile Autumn’s face and word would penetrate him and make him lose his train of thought.

 

“Joong, Rose wouldn’t want you to dwell on her forever. She would want you to move on and I think that it is time you do. Apologize to Autumn and tell her how you feel.”

 

“I don’t like her!” Hyun Joong replied instantly, more frustrated that ever.

 

“Don’t you ever feel jealous when she’s around another guy? Doesn’t your heart ever beat at her smile? If you say no to these questions then I’ll let you off.”

 

Hyun Joong thought about it for a moment and then knew instantly that she was right.

 

“No response means that it’s a yes. Apologize to her.”

 

Hyun Joong smiled down at his phone.

 

“Thanks. Whoever you are. Thank you.”

 

“Thank Rose. She told me to do this.”

 

“She knew that it would happen?”

 

“No…she spoke to me in a dream a few days ago telling me that today was the day I should help you and now I have. Good bye and good luck Kim Hyun Joong.”

 

Hyun Joong didn’t know what this meant but knew that the person didn’t want to receive any more text so instead he texted Autumn…

 

***

 

“Because…because I just am! Where are you?”

 

Autumn felt her hand shake slightly as her phone vibrated with another text message and she got off the train to see Hyun Joong sitting on a seat right at the entrance/exit of the stairway.

 

Autumn began to slowly walk towards Hyun Joong, stowing her phone back in her front pocket.

 

As she approached him, she heard him mutter but didn’t fully understand it until she was about a meter or so near him.

 

“Where is she?! I hope she’s okay…”

 

Autumn suddenly smiled.

 

“I’m here.” She said quietly and she saw Hyun Joong freeze.

 

Hyun Joong slowly looked up at Autumn and slowly stood up.

 

“You’ve been crying.”

 

Hyun Joong said quietly when he was fully standing, his hand lifted up to touch the sticky dryness of where her tears once were.

 

“Yeah…there was something in my eye when-“

 

Autumn never finished her sentence because she was suddenly getting hugged tightly.

 

“I’m so so so sorry…I shouldn’t have said those words to you…I shouldn’t have been so harsh… I’m so sorry Autumn…” Hyun Joong said to her ear as she hugged a stunned Autumn.

 

Autumn didn’t’ know how to react and so she just stood there, getting hugged.

 

Realising that Autumn hadn’t said anything Hyun Joong let go of her.

 

“I’m sorry…I just…” Hyun Joong trailed off, embarrassed.

 

“Why?”

 

Hyun Joong looked up.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Why are you apologizing?” Autumn asked again.

 

Hyun Joong looked at Autumn and then he smiled.

 

Autumn’s heard suddenly jumped.

 

He was smiling at her.

 

He was smiling at her.

 

She missed his smile.

 

“Because I love you.”

 

Autumn shook herself out of her day dream when she heard Hyun Joong say that to her.

 

“Pardon?” Autumn said, thinking that she had just heard wrong.

 

“I. Love. You.”

 

Autumn felt like today was the worst day of her like.

 

The worst best day.

 

“R-really?” Autumn said, forcing herself to not cry.

 

Hyun Joong hugged her even more tightly now.

 

“Really.”

 

Autumn put her hands that was hanging by her side, around Hyun Joong’s waist and hugged him back just as tightly.

 

“I love you Joong.”

 

Hyun Joong smiled and then he saw a girl standing in front of him.

 

Rose stood there, smiled and then said to him,

 

“I love you Joong. Forever. Good luck with everything. Autumn’s a lovely girl. I hope I’ll see you again in my next life…Good bye Joong…Good bye…”

 

Rose said, while she slowly began to drift away, becoming more and more transparent by the second.

 

Autumn sensed that something was wrong.

 

“What’s wrong Joong?” She asked Hyun Joong, worry written all over her face.

 

Hyun Joong looked at Autumn and then suddenly smiled.

 

“I was thinking to myself how lucky I am to have you as a girlfriend.”

 

Then, the train came on platform one that led to the city.

 

Autumn began to pull Hyun Joong towards the opening doors.

 

“Come on! I wanna go back to the guys!”

 

Hyun Joong laughed and allowed him to be dragged by Autumn.

 

As the door closed behind them, they walked up to the top compartment, hand in hand.

 

Autumn sat down first, nearest to the window and Hyun Joong was about to sit down when he saw Rose again, waving at him with a smile on her face.

 

Hyun Joong smiled and whispered,

 

“I love you.”

 

Autumn peered up at Hyun Joong.

 

“What?”

 

Hyun Joong looked down at Autumn and smiled.

 

“I said,”

 

Hyun Joong sat down and put his mouth close to Autumn’s ear, making her blush.

 

“I love you.”