Chart & Chat

Very Important You

 

 

get offers for few shows after 3 weeks I make my appearance on ‘Global Beauty Talk’. Since my contract with the show is only for a month, it will end this week. So my mom said it will be okay if I want to choose another show to be in. Just that I must make sure that the contract is within my stays here and did not clash with my classes. Among the offer that I receive, there’s this one offer that actually catch my interest. A new show for MTV called ‘Chart and Chat’. MTV want me to become the MC alongside with another person *who I don’t know who yet*  So on Monday, we went to MTV K headquarters. We ask Choi ahjusshi, unnie’s dad to guide us since he know the entertainment well. The director of the programme explain to me the concept of the show. It will show Top 10 songs that top all chart for every particular week and what makes it fun is different celebrities will be invited to the studio every week. They will then choose one of the song in the Top 10 chart and sing it in the noraebang style for the closing. Alongside with music chart, there will be a chart for a specific topic as well and the chart will be based on different poll release by MTV K every week. This show is for the 8pm slot every Friday and will start next week. It’s kind of rushing, but they said they believe I can and my style will suit perfectly for the show since I’m friendly and easy-going, therefore they wait till I accept their offer and not offering it to anyone else. I’m supposed to do the show for 3 months, but MTV is kind enough to make it monthly renewed. So incase I’m thinking to end it in 2 months or something came up that I’ll leave, then I can stop renewing the contract. I ask my mom opinion as she was also there with me. She said everything is up on me. My sister said it’s a good offer. So I make up my mind and said, “Yes!” . They said, since I’m still new in this industry, an artist will be an MC with me on this show and ask me not to feel nervous as that artist will guide me and he’s a fun crazy person that most of the viewers love. *So he’s a he then. That’s the only clue I have besides from he’s fun and crazy*

“Since you are like our daughter as well, I’ll let you borrow one of our best employee for your remaining stays in Korea”, said Choi ahjusshi.

“But how can I pay her salary?”, I then ask dumbfoundedly.

“Aigooo this kid, I just let you borrow her, the salary is on me. If it is not because of you, then I won’t let her off. Like I said, she is indeed our best employee”, Choi ahjusshi then laugh.

I’ve now own a manager/coordi noona. She’s not just Choi ahjusshi employee, but unnie’s best friend as well. I’ve meet Eugene unnie before. For a few times actually. She is a nice unnie and pretty as well. She works as a PR and used to be a model before, so we believe she is capable to do this. Plus, this is not her first time.