Welcome To Korea

Very Important You

Pull my baggage pass the arriving hall gate. There are some people who are waiting in front of the hall. I look at the right side, trying to look up for any familiar faces. Then I heard my mom calling out my name “Hani, they are here”. I quickly turn to the left and there you go, my brother and my sister-in-law happy faces. I quickly run towards them and give a big hug. If it’s not for them, I won’t be travelling this far today, to a place where I’ve always really wanted to be. While walking towards the exit gate, I couldn’t have bother what my mom, my brother and my sister-in-law are talking about, as I am amaze to everything around me. *So this is how the airport looks like*. I was looking around in amazement and suddenly I fall on the floor *Did I just hit a wall? Who would build a wall in the middle of the way? But why isn’t it feel like a wall?*  And suddenly a hand reach out for me. *I think it’s not a wall, I bump into someone. How careless I am* I take the hand without looking and that person pull me up on my feet again. “Thank you and I am so sorry,” I then beam at him. I was shock! *OMG! Is that him? Is that really him?!*  He’s wearing a shades, so I can’t see his expression much, but I know it’s him. Both of us freeze for about sometimes. “J-j-jae-song-ham-ni-da,” I said stutterly breaking the silence. He nod and leave. After a few steps away, he turn to me and said “Be careful next time” and walk away.  I’m still standing at the same spot wondering if it’s just a dream, and suddenly someone tap my shoulder. “Little sister, what are you doing here? Come on. Mom and unnie are already outside,” my brother said. “and by the way, you look like you just bump into an artist, or maybe a ghost,” he chuckled.*Yeah hyung, you get it right, I did not bump into a ghost, but an artist. For real!*  My brother take me to the exit gate. The moment I step out from Incheon Airport, I glance to my mom and smile, “Welcome to Korea”, I said loud enough that only I can hear it. I am too excited that I let what happen before slide away, for awhile at least.

 


 

In the waiting room

*Her gaze. Her voice. Her everything. She’s a total stranger but why did my heart beat so fast till now. What is this undefined feeling*

“Yaaah maknae! Stop dreaming. We need to board our plane now,” The hyung voice bring him back to reality.

*Naah. I think it’s nothing. Maybe I’m just shock or stress that makes me think of such a small matter as something huge*

He then carry his backpack chasing after his hyungs.